Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 32" LCD €579

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Only 1 x HDMI ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭standbyme

beerbaron wrote:
    Only 1 x HDMI ?

How many should be on it?

My brother got one last xmas about a grand? but his brother-in-law had researched for a 42" & found out that Samsung were a great make & last longer!

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭spongbob

my father was looking for something like this, 37 inch samsung.. Tho this 32 inch seem good value! he swears by samsung

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭That Guy 901

Fantastic offer. Redoing my room and Im very tempted to buy this....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭mobby

Got this from Pixmania about 4 mths ago paid around €700 inc del. Great TV and this is a good Price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

I am up north. Does this TV have an digital tuner so that I could get freeview channels? It says in the spec that it has an analogue tuner.
    Its 379 pounds on komplett.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Just bought this from Komplett for the bedroom :-D...

Is there a special wall mount fixing for it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭mobby

mobby wrote:
    Got this from Pixmania about 4 mths ago paid around €700 inc del. Great TV and this is a good Price.

Sorry this is the model I purchased http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=329508 different TV, sorry about that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Out of stock now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭HungryJoey

dal wrote:
    I am up north. Does this TV have an digital tuner so that I could get freeview channels? It says in the spec that it has an analogue tuner.
    Its 379 pounds on komplett.co.uk

No it only contains an analogue tuner. The samsung TV models with the letters " BD " at the end.. contains a built in digital & analogue tuner. In this TV's case, it only has a " B " meaning analogue.

Hj

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭dal

HungryJoey wrote:
    No it only contains an analogue tuner. The samsung TV models with the letters " BD " at the end.. contains a built in digital & analogue tuner. In this TV's case, it only has a " B " meaning analogue.
    Hj
    Thanks a mill Hj

Will have to wait till 21st of August for one. :(
    Availability: None available today. 81 pcs expected on stock 2007-08-21

I would assume they take the money at the time of ordering?

Is it a standard price for delivering & what is it, as it seems to be a good price cheaper than last xmas E1000 im led to believe, probably better to get it now before the price shoots up again in a few months, would that be right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

No. LCD TVs are coming down in price.

Cheers for that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

its gone up to 649 again! dang nabbit. Anyone got any tvternatives? I have poor friends with grand designs on the thrill of 32".

So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Im still smug about the Teso special i got ages ago :D €399 for 32" LCD, still after all this time there is nothing to compare to that price for non unknown brands let alone branded.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Saruman wrote:
    Im still smug about the Teso special i got ages ago :D €399 for 32" LCD, still after all this time there is nothing to compare to that price for non unknown brands let alone branded.
    Yup, sadly I saw that thread too late and didn't get one! Still has been nothing to come near that price since.

€649 and you have to wait 3 weeks for it. The €699 one is available.
    I saw in Dunnes Stores booklet a SEG 32" LCD HD ready for €599. Anyone see any for sale in any Dunnes Stores?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Passed by Argos today and they had a 32" HD ready LCD for €545. Can't remember the make but it's a good price as well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

its gone up to 649 again! dang nabbit. Anyone got any tvternatives? I have poor friends with grand designs on the thrill of 32".

So to speak.

well it was only in the Weekly Specials........but they are the older range of Samsungs - there's a nice one with a 7000:1 contrast for around €641 also on Komplett, for the sake of a few quid it's always better to try and get better quality....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭shanethemofo

rgiller wrote:
    Passed by Argos today and they had a 32" HD ready LCD for €545. Can't remember the make but it's a good price as well

Its a bush tv. Anyone know if they are good?

Also saw a SEG 32" in dunnes for 699. anyone heard of them before?

SEG are excellent, I got one a few weeks ago but I need another. Any confirmed sightings would be appreciated. The price I paid 2 weeks ago was 599.

Bush are good too. 545 is a great price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭thefinalstage

Look at this deal! The Beautiful and quality Miria for under 530 euro

They only deliver to the UK though...I wonder do they deliver to the north...

A similar model costs 620 in Xtravision.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Anyone bu a wall mount fixing for this Samsung or tell me where to look for one. Komplett showed below but not sure if it will work with the samsung model

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=315948

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭coadyj

my seg wont turn on anymore? what up with that. any advice would be nice. Thank god i kept the receipt

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

LizardKing wrote: »
    Anyone bu a wall mount fixing for this Samsung or tell me where to look for one. Komplett showed below but not sure if it will work with the samsung model

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.aspx?sku=315948

What you want to watch out for is what vesa standard the tv/mount is. It means how far apart the holes are on the tele.

That mount says its "Flat Panel Mount Interface 100 x 100 mm, 75 x 75 mm, 100 x 200 mm, 200 x 200 mm", so its quite versatile. If its the samsung in the first post you mean, then thats 200x200 so that mount would be fine.

The only other thing to watch out for is the distance from the wall. that mount is only 3cm. Make sure you've enough clearence for all your cables.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just a bump for this!

Am thinking of buying this TV next week..

Would like to hear more opinions of people who bought it? Price seems too good to be true!

EDIT: Can get a 32" Sony Bravia for about 40 euros more.. worth getting that instead?

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hm, tough call.

The Sony does have digital tuner (not much good in Sligo), and has 2x HDMI ports.

That said, the Samsung has a better contrast ratio...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Whoops.. thanks for that byte but i realised the TV in the original post is not the one i'm looking at.

I'm trying to decide between the Bravia (as linked to above) and this Samsung model.. any thoughts?

Advertisement