Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to position a toilet roll holder

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Most pointless invention ever. Why not just leave the toilet paper rolls in their packaging, with one within easy reach?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,220 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Although most people are right handed, in some cultures they eat with the right hand and wipe with the left. So if you want to have a PC potty, have the paper installed on the left?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

8 votes each way. Has a poll ever been so close?
    Are the attari jags the ones that wash their hands afterwards?
    Looks like its down to the shops for me to boy second bog roll holder. Bet I won't be able to get the same type and will have to buy 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

I don't like the toilet paper on a roll connected to the wall. I prefer it resting free on the toilet so I can pick it up to get some;
    Bring the toilet paper to me, not vice versa

I don't like the toilet paper on a roll connected to the wall. I prefer it resting free on the toilet so I can pick it up to get some;
    This probably works best in womens toilets where the floor is drier.

Sorry read your post wrong , I thought you said resting on the floor.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

If you eat a lot of curries put one in the fridge as well.
    Maybe put a little fridge in the jax.

A mate of mine just suggested putting a urinal in the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

The way around needing to piss in the shower is to turn it on, then use the toilet, then get into the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Terry wrote:
    The way around needing to piss in the shower is to turn it on, then use the toilet, then get into the shower.

or just take a piss in the shower, it's only water, sure we all do it don't we

MooseJam wrote:
    or just take a piss in the shower, it's only water, sure we all do it don't we
    Not me.

• Advertisement

I've heard it's a cure for athletes foot to piss on your toes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The best is having a shíte in the shower, then using your toes to squish it down the plughole.

That's a good cure for athlete's foot aswell.

seansouth wrote:
    The best is having a shíte in the shower, then using your toes to squish it down the plughole.

That's a good cure for athlete's foot aswell.

lmao thanks, I'm not sure if i'll give that a go though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Okie

As soon as I get enough money together........

*Bling*

MooseJam wrote:
    I've heard it's a cure for athletes foot to piss on your toes
    It also cures a multitude of previously incurable ailments.
    List available upon request.
    Send an SAE to
    "Piss cures all
    123 fake street
    Dublin 23"

Terry wrote:
    It also cures a multitude of previously incurable ailments.
    List available upon request.
    Send an SAE to
    "Piss cures all
    123 fake street
    Dublin 23"

please, don't diss the urine therapy, it's actually a very serious alternative medicine http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urine_therapy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 667 ✭✭✭aequinoctium

i think it depends on which hand you write with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Right side so as to be reached by left hand without shoulder impingement. Paper must roll over the top for best physical advantage for one hand tearing.

....this is important stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

2 stroke wrote:
    We've just added an unsuite to the guest room

Just tell your guests they'll have to do what the dog does, clean their butts by dragging their ass along the ground.

While your at it, tell em to do their business in the garden, that way they'll have nice soft grass to drag their rear ends along.

I've never suffered from athletes foot, I wonder why.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kristen

All the toilets in work have rolls on the right and I always thought it was akward. It would be easier on the left as I would hold roll with left hand and tear with the right. I would then have the paper in the hand that I need it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

which side does YORE MA have it on?

that's the reason I say the right, that's where my parents have theirs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 kristen

Fold or scrunch? depends on what Im wiping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

scrunching after reaching to my left for bog roll :D boo yeah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

Ok what ya do is position the Toilet Roll next to your Front Door (outside) That way when you are sneaking home from the Pub you wrap the toilet paper around each shoe and creep upstairs to be without being noticed hehehehe :D:D:D:D:D:D

OHP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

OHP wrote:
    Ok what ya do is position the Toilet Roll next to your Front Door (outside) That way when you are sneaking home from the Pub you wrap the toilet paper around each shoe and creep upstairs to be without being noticed hehehehe :D:D:D:D:D:D

OHP
    Or take your shoes off...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

ROFL!! At this stage I have lost my shoes and am just tryin to get to bed. He he he nice one though :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Lauraaa!

kristen wrote:
    It would be easier on the left as I would hold roll with left hand and tear with the right. I would then have the paper in the hand that I need it in.

exactly :)

Thanks everybody for your contributions I did not expect as many replies, obviously this is an issue that affects us all but we are rarely asked for our opinion on it.
    The bog roll has been fitted to the left as viewed from the seated position, it has been tested an is working properly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement