Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to position a toilet roll holder

Options
  • 21-07-2007 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

I've a little bit of a dilemma and I thought the experts here might be able to help out. We've just added an unsuite to the guest room and its at the stage of adding the assesories, mirrors, soap dish, towel holders, ect. Our dilemma, which side to put the toilet roll holder at. Both walls are equal distance from the throne and there are no waterpipes or wires to worry about hitting. The debate is simply right or left. Its something I never thought about before but it seems different people use different hands to wipe with.
    Your input please.

Which side of toilet would you prefer the loo paper to be? 59 votes

Right hand side
    0% 0 votes
    Left hand side
    49% 29 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    50% 30 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,966 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Paper Rock Scissors!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I would go with the left.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Good old Friday nght drunk threads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Wow, thats my the first time in my life I've ever had to consciously think about which hand I wipe with.

I vote Left hand side. After doing a few, er, "simulations" here at my desk I think it would be easier to reach for right-handed wipers - your hand would more easily and naturally reach to the left instead of folding it in tightly to reach to something just to you right.

Best thread ever, btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Most people are righties so have it to the right side. Also I'm pretty new to boards and was wondering why in a lots of poll options are atari jag...WHY??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 551 ✭✭✭funktastic

Always my right hand. And I wipe sitting down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

cornbb wrote:
    Wow, thats my the first time in my life I've ever had to consciously think about which hand I wipe with.

I can see it now. The "Which hand do you wipe with" thread. Another AH classic.

The left hand side is the way to go for the roller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

Fit 2 of them just in case..

btw.. is an unsuite like a regular bathroom?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Put one on each side, for emergencies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭patrickolee

most people are right handed... majority wins

• Advertisement

creggy wrote:
    Most people are righties so have it to the right side. Also I'm pretty new to boards and was wondering why in a lots of poll options are atari jag...WHY??
    http://wiki.boards.ie/wiki/Atari_jaguar

nesf wrote:
    Put one on each side, for emergencies.
    I had one earlier, but nobody needed to know that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

why in a lots of poll options are atari jag...WHY??
    I don't know the answer myself. but polls seem to get a better response if you include A.J My first time posting a poll. It was remarkably easy to set up considering the ammount of drink i've taken. Full marks Terry.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,115 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Terry wrote:

ahh a little ritual, haha nice

btw.. is an unsuite like a regular bathroom?
    Well for starters theres no bath.

2 stroke wrote:
    Well for starters theres no bath.

lol.. hence the un I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

I'm not one of these wipe-while-sitting-down guys. I'm a stander. Thus for me it's a big Atari Jaguar; it makes no difference as I can face the toilet or face away for optimal location.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,502 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Left hand wall. If your right-handed, it can be awkward getting it from the right wall if it's too close. It's actually easier to reach your right arm across to the left wall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

When removing the required amount of roll, I hold the roll with the nearest hand (to stop it rolling) and tear with the other. So if the roll were on the right, the paper would end in my left hand.

But since I then proceed to go through an elaborate paper folding routine before use it doesn't really matter which side.

Which leads to another important question - do you fold or scrunch your paper before use?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,576 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Paper!!!! What paper?

With proper diet she should exit like the proverbial"Four man bob" and dive gracefully into the water."Nothing but net" is the phrase I'd use.

Quick tightning of the sphinct,to crimp off any loose chads.. Bobs yer uncle!!

• Advertisement

Sarsfield wrote:
    When removing the required amount of roll, I hold the roll with the nearest hand (to stop it rolling) and tear with the other. So if the roll were on the right, the paper would end in my left hand.

But since I then proceed to go through an elaborate paper folding routine before use it doesn't really matter which side.

Which leads to another important question - do you fold or scrunch your paper before use?

Sounds like you need one of these..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Paper!!!! What paper?

With proper diet she should exit like the proverbial"Four man bob" and dive gracefully into the water."Nothing but net" is the phrase I'd use.

Quick tightning of the sphinct,to crimp off any loose chads.. Bobs yer uncle!!

It helps to have good cheek spreadage too

• Registered Users Posts: 11,977 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I perch me leg on the sink so I can get the best angle of attack. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

MooseJam wrote:
    It helps to have good cheek spreadage too

And a hairless arse

Known as the Teflon Turd.

http://www.derbygripe.co.uk/oddsocks/turd.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

Giblet wrote:
    I perch me leg on the sink so I can get the best angle of attack. :)

You have no idea the effort it took to stop my imagination from picturing that scene.

I think it may be handy to keep a few sick bags within reach of my computer for bog related threads. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Sarsfield wrote:
    And a hairless arse

very true, my hairy arse gets to be like a wet peat bog sometimes

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Always, always left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Irish Wolf wrote:
    Sounds like you need one of these..
    "You have taken 1 square of toilet paper"
    Father ted ftw

Thanks for the link sarsfield. Best bit of toilet humour ever.

• Advertisement

The guy wrote:
    "You have taken 1 square of toilet paper"
    Father ted ftw

HAHAHA!!! God bless you!

Advertisement