Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Heavy

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 448 ✭✭Guvnor

I read about a site called:
    www.amplebosom.com

I would agree with others that regular exercise both weights and cardio would be a good idea as well. I do not believe you told us what height you are but if you are 170cm-ish then dropping a good bit of weight would be a good thing on a number of levels.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Please, for the sake of your health lose weight.
    If you're not overeating and take exercise, get your doctor to do blood tests. You might have a hormone imbalance that can cause weight problems.

At 16.5 stone you are very overweight. Your waist size is well into the 'dangerous' zone. Anything over 34 inches puts you at risk of lots of illnesses, including heart problems.

If you exercise you will lose weight all over, and if you start doing resistance and weights (after you have lost some weight, or you'll get bigger with the growth of muscle!) you will be able to support the muscles behind and around your breasts which will help you a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

don't get yr self down.. its easy to get depressed in this situation. i'd recommend goin to ye gp because i'm pretty sure you'll qualify for a breast reduction under the health board because of yr age and the damage it will do to yr spine. it's a risk to yr body.. never mind when u have kids!!!!

keep smiling..;)

No she won't. No surgeon in their right mind would operate on this girl. She is about 5-6 stone overweight. Surgery is dangerous enough, but when you are so overweight it is even more dangerous. Her problem is not that she has big breasts, it's that she is obese. If she loses weight, she will go down a few bra sizes. Any reputable surgeon would tell her to go away and lose weight.

Stop deluding this girl that she can have a quick fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭fits

I used to know someone who got a breast reduction, and she was told to lose a serious amount of weight before they would consider it (on the NHS).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,154 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

eth0_ wrote:
    If you exercise you will lose weight all over, and if you start doing resistance and weights (after you have lost some weight, or you'll get bigger with the growth of muscle!)

No she won't, its is very, very hard for women to put on noticeable muscle mass increases, they just don't have the hormonoes. Starting off doing weights will not make her big, the opposite in fact. She'd be able to shed inches doing weights because it burns calories during it and during rest, it also increases your resting metabolic rest so you need do less to burn the same amount of calories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭microgirl

eh, m&s underestimate bra sizes????? they measured me as 42k??? what the fupp?

Didn't mean so much that they underestimate specifically (though they did in my case) - it was just an illustration that they don't necessarily measure accurately :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 gottoomuchmilk

well like, i'm not gunna lose that much weight that fast so i'm not gunna put it as priority. i'm sure i'm still growing and its probably just puppy fat. i'm 5ft 4 so every pound i gain kinda gets squashed into my bum, belly, thighs and boobs. no where to hide when ur shortish.

i went into bramora on earlsfort terrace and they said they only went upto HH cup, but took my measurements and are gunna enquire into who could make one for them, and they cud cut me a deal if i bought 5 in one purchase, which i guess is ok. they also said once u go past HH cup, bra sizes are really innaccurate because of the actual volume being supported, bigger volumes (imagine a party balloon filled wit water they told me?? haha) need a totally different "chassis of support" to provide comfort. here's me thinking bras were a simple thing!!! haha, thanks for the tips anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 islay

You are at risk of many illnesses anf heartconditions in the future being that size you are nearly hitting morbidly obese. And any doctor in their right mind should be advising you to lose weight. I don't mean for this to sound like a personal attack but tou are not curvy you are fat. As for the bra situation good luck! But please listen to everyone and lose weight for your self you will feel happier....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

I said it in the cuckoo's nest weeks ago, but here we go again OP...

The fitness forum is a wonderful place. Seriously, check it out. I'm not having a go, but it's really inspiring, just reading the random threads makes you want to be healthier... just like if all your mates are studying then you'll want to study to etc etc. It's a positive environment :)

just in case anyone was wondering, i'm getting bramora to hook me up with some of their supplies in the US. they took 10 measurements of my boobs ad the bras shud be coming in 2moro. thanks for all ur advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,297 ✭✭✭✭fits

good luck. I hope you get sorted...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Lough_Swan

i really dont want to go for surgery. i saw my gp last week and she said that obviously i would be a candidate for it but that she wasn't sure if i was finished developing so she is taking bloods every month from me to check hormones etc and has put me on a diet regime of horrible foods that only sticks like nicole richie wud go on. i dont wanna be skinny, i like being curvy but my boobs effect everything in my whole life from relationships to summer jobs to school to sports, exercise and clothes obviously.

eh, m&s underestimate bra sizes????? they measured me as 42k??? what the fupp?

This is so true, ladies with small chests do not realise what its like to be top heavy it affects every activity in your life from them getting in the way which does happen to what to wear.

Women like me like their curves no why should we resort to surgery to shape us into an acceptable image?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

Lough_Swan wrote:
    Women like me like their curves no why should we resort to surgery to shape us into an acceptable image?

because it's bad for your health prehaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 laney82

I'm sorry OP but I fully agree with eth0 - you are seriously overweight and this is why you have such big breasts. Unless you address this issue then you are putting yourself at severe health risks.

At 5ft 4, at most you should be 8.5st -10.5st to be considered within your healthy range. 16 years old - yes you're developing but I sincerely doubt that you are carrying 6st of excess puppy fat that will just disappear when you're 18/19.

I really don't mean to sound harsh my dear but you're 16 - you've got absolutely everything before you, socially/academically/professionally/personally. Why compromise yourself by being so unhealthy and obviously unhappy?

"but i've been telling myself for years then they won't grow anymore" - if you continue to put on and carry so much excess weight then they will continue to grow. It's not rocket science therefore that if you lost some weight then you would notice a decrease on your chest.

I know it sounds daunting to say lose 6st but it is achievable - take it one step at a time. I've recently lost 2st due to weight watchers and I've never been better - I'm 5ft 3 so I know exactly what you mean about being short. But here's something to think on - weight is one of the few things that we can at least try and maintain. Nothing we can do about being short.

I fear that if you don't at least address or accept that you have a weight problem then you will be in an even worse boat in 5 years time.

You're putting alot of energy into finding a big enough bra whereas if you just re-directed that energy, I guarantee you will have a better life and health becuase of it.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I had a friend with the same problem, poor girl got awful attention/slagging in school so at 20 she got a reduction, she is still "big" but at least her back is under less strain.

On your weight OP, if you are happy out then that is great, so many people are intimidated into been a waif, BUT, you are stilll probably a few stone over a healthy weight, what I mean by that is the strain on your lungs, your heart, your joints.
    I am 6ft and come in about 15 1/2 stone and if u were to believe my BMI then I was obese.
    But as I said IF you are happy then feck the lot of them.

Best of luck with your quest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Seraphina wrote:
    ok, no offence OP, but you just need to lose weight
    size 20-22 at 16? you may not want to be a waif, but you're at the total opposite end of the spectrum right now.
    your boobs will only get bigger as you put on weight, and you're gonna end up with some serious back, as well as other health problems if things continue like this.

I agree. a size 20-22 is not 'curvy', its overweight. Its not really fair to call nicole ritchie a 'waif' when you are both at unhealthy weight you at the top end and she at the bottom. Losing weight would no doubt help decrease you boob size as would a breast reduction but doctors may make you lose weight before giving you a breast reduction.
    We are not trying to be unkind, just honest, Check out a BMI table and compare your height and weight it will tell you if you are in the healthy range

Well, as you can see, i havent taken the advice of many people on here and believe it or not i've put on some weight (aswell as my boobs growing a bit)... think i'm just gunna be "one of those girls"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

you've a very pretty girl and if i was you i'd really lose the weight. you'll probably never be a skinny girl but maybe a curvy 14/16. you could be a plus size model if you worked out a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭FruitLover

Hope you like heart disease.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

You could easily be a top heavy model , check out <snip> :) They have a Voluptuous section.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's been nearly a year since you started this thread, so you're probably 17 now? Do you honestly not understand the dangers of obesity? You're at SERIOUS risk for type 2 diabetes, heart disease and potentially liver disease. You're a very pretty girl, you could be gorgeous if you lost weight. You don't have to be "one of those girls", and why would you want to be? Cut back on your eating, walk for 30 minutes each day - in no time at all, you'd find the weight falling off you. Wouldn't you like to be able to buy bras in regular shops?

Pop along to the Nutrition & Diet forum for some great advice, or the Fitness forum. For all the hullabaloo there is about it, losing weight is not that difficult when you're committed to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Well, you seem happy with your decision so I don't think there's much point in going on with this thread.

Or go to the forums Faith linked to above if you change your mind!

Thread locked!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement