Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deadly easy but good food - post them here

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Degsy wrote:
    Go to a good butcher.Buy a stuffed pork roast.Get PLENTY of seasoning.Stick in the oven (180 degrees fior two hours,220 for one hour forty five).Carve into big,quivering chunks,making sure there's crackling in every mouthfull and consume in its entirety with copious cans of cold beer.This can also be done with a leg of lamb but must be rubbed with garlic and cooked with rosemary first.Also the bone should be fcuked into the neighbour's garden whether they've a dog or not.

I'm not waiting 3 hours 45 minutes for Dinner!! :mad:

Whoever mentioned the microwave frankfurters has hit the nail on the head. Just bung 'em in the microwave and nuke them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

jhegarty wrote:
    So thats 8 minutes with at 2000 degrees ?

Thats how it's done.
    Good thinkin'
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Damn, some stuff here I still wouldn't be arsed doing.

For anyone here who's got a George Foreman (I know I do :D ) here's how to make a gorgeous Smoked Rasher Cheese Sandwich

1. Throw 3 Smoked Rashers onto grill.
    2. Select 9 mins and press start.
    3. Watch TV with a nice beer and / or a fag.
    4. When 9 mins are up place the 3 rashers between 2 slices of bread and cheese (One EasySingle slice does the work for me)

ENJOY!!

OPTIONAL: (This is what I do cuz the sandwiches are lovely!!)

5. Put 3 more sandwiches on the grill while you eat your now-made one, by the time you finish it *BING* Time for another one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

Duggy747 wrote:
    4. When 9 mins are up place the 3 rashers between 2 slices of bread and cheese (One EasySingle slice does the work for me)

ENJOY!!

I know a lot will say I'm over complicating things here... but anyway...

5. Put the completed rashers, bread, and cheese back into the George for another 2-3 mins.

The bread soaks up some of the juice off the cooked rashers thats left over on the surface of the plates, and the fact the whole thing is hot adds to the flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Stky10 wrote:

The bread soaks up some of the juice off the cooked rashers thats left over on the surface of the plates, and the fact the whole thing is hot adds to the flavour.

Good stuff - no wastage of good rasher juice - I like ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Brothers I come to you know as I eat a bowl of Spaghetti Carbonara.

Now I know this may appear to be a gay Italian dish, but let me justify it.

Its nice, quick and has meat and eggs in it. Thus giving us protein. Thus allowing our beer drinking bicep to grow stronger and therefore enable us to consume more.

Ingredients:

Long string spaghetti
    Eggs

Step 1: Put Spaghetti in boiling water & salt for 6 - 8 mins
    Step 2: Begin Frying bacon with pepper, garlic & olive oil
    Step 3: Drain excess water from spaghetti. Mix up some eggs in a bowl (1 for starters and 1 per 100g). Mix egg into spaghetti, spaghetti will cook the egg.
    Step 4: Add bacon and mix around again, adding more salt as you please.
    Step 5: Eat

In the absence of wimmen folk, I have been forced to cook for myself. This is the first time I made this/cooked and it was simple.

Enjoy brothers

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

^^^ or:

Dolmio microwave pasta
    Dolmio microwave sauce

3 minutes later....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Kaldorn wrote:
    well maybe when you are all dead from drinking too much and eating unhealthy rubbish you will reget your choice of lifestyle and before you say how can i regret it if i am dead,i believe you will be damned to walk pergatory for the rest of time

that place doesnt exist according to the leader of the catholic cult

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

Itbemee: The thread is about good food. Not simple slop.

Good food can be quick, just ask Gordon Ramsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Just had this excellent meal a few minutes ago and felt it was necessary to share it with you wonderful people.

Ingredients:
    -John West Tuna in Brine
    -Mayonaisse
    -Onion (bear with me now....)
    -Cheese

Method:

1- Drain the juice from the tuna tin... not completely, you don't want it to be bone dry, but you don't want the brine wrecking your meal either
    2- Chop up an onion into bits about 1/3 the size of the nail on your little finger. This makes you feel manly, because you get to use a knife.
    3- Throw the tuna and chopped onion into a bowl, then put a load of mayo in there too. Not too much mayo so that the mixture turns completely white, but enough to lubricate the food as it's going down
    4- Turn on the grill (bear with me...) and lay out your bread to be toasted, on the tray thing. A minimum of 4 slices is required, but 6 is recommended.
    5- When those sides are toasted, turn them all over. Put a bit of butter on half of them, and then throw the tuna mixture onto those slices. Place the slices of cheese on them too. Put the tray thing back in.
    6- Make sure the cheese is not burning, if it is then lower the heat and/or take out the slices with the cheese on them. When the toast is cooked and the cheese is nicely melted, put the toasted slices on top of the other ones. Then turn the sandwich over so that you can toast the under side of the slices holding your fishy goodness.
    7- When this is cooked, take out the sandwiches. Move on to step 8, and pay close attention.
    8- You must now cut the sandwiches diagonally, creating 2 perfect triangles with each sandwich. This appear to be womanly aesthetic crap, but in actual fact this is the most important step, because the triangular slice ensure that the taste particals are evenly distributed amongst the sandwiches. Cutting the sandwich across like a conventional sandwich is just sandwich suicide.
    9- Consume with tea or beer. Bl*wjobs are optional but encouraged.

Here is the finished product:
    43503.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement