Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC-ness gone mad?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Where in the name of God are they getting money for this.

Linkage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Fúck them all into a loada trucks and ship them off to a deserted island somewhere in the north atlantic , nice cold weather will sort em out

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

And after they get here?

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

after they get there i'm sure the irish celtic kittens will move on to another minority to bash when their comfort gets challenged... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

stakey wrote:
    after they get there i'm sure the irish celtic kittens will move on to another minority to bash when their comfort gets challenged... ;)

Yep. Us tax paying Irish are a horrible bunch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭intheknow

Terry wrote:
    Worked with a traveller a few years back.
    He was on the job at 5am and worked until 7pm every day.

Jaysus thats a rarity, He should be stuffed to show to future generations alongside the other extinct stuff. Do-Do's, yeti, spotted Yak etc

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

TheGooner wrote:
    Where in the name of God are they getting money for this.

Linkage

it makes me feel so warm and fuzzy that my tax euros are being spent on these people getting free legal aid to stay here, and continue to contribuate nothing to the economy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

LOL :D

Im sure he did that Terry, but the fact remains that in the hundreds Ive worked with I havent met one. Considering they are just under 1% of the total population, and a slightly higher percentage of the majority of the group ive worked with, still have to say Ive known of at least 5 roma (smaller population group) working.

60 odd Roma, free flight back (300 min per person id imagine), the 18 grand can be better spent imo, let Pavee Point pay for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Anyone else notice the jump in the amount to Roma's on the M50??? First couple of article state 52 now they are saying 80 odd. Do you think that there is other Roma's jumping on the bandwagon???

Not only did the Government offer them free flights back but they have been promised social assistance in their own country and they are still refusing to move. Clever f*ckers! This is not the first county that they have done this in and we certainly wont be the last

Bollix, what a sh1te summer tan wise. I couldve got tanned, headed to the mun, did the Borat accent, got flown to Bulgaria for free and pay a tenner from there for a bus to the Bulgarian resorts everyones suddenly heading for :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Fúck them all into a loada trucks and ship them off to a deserted island somewhere in the north atlantic , nice cold weather will sort em out

Like Rockall.
    Sure we have a claim on it.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rockall

http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwaucwmhey/
    Source wrote:
    The Romanian Ambassador to Ireland is accusing members of the Roma family living on a motorway roundabout in Dublin of misleading the Irish public.

Silvia Stancu Davidou is quoted in this morning's newspapers denying claims by the family that they lived in worse conditions at rubbish dumps in Romania.

She says the Romanian government has found out that many of those in the camp on the M50 roundabout in Ballymun had permanent addresses in Romania and received social welfare benefits at home.

Ms Davidou claims the Roma Support Group and the traveller focus group Pavee Point are spearheading a misleading campaign which embraces stereotypes about discrimination against the Roma community.

The families have denied the ambassador's claims, while the Pavee Point Roma Support Group said they did not think the ambassador's claims were credible.

I can't find the latest news, but it appears that all but 15 will be deported tomorrow (according to tv3 news).
    Pavee point spokeswoman said that the 15 staying to fight against the deportation order are the ones who have been here the longest.

They were taken away in buses early this morning, including the ones who arrived yesterday. Seems there were over 100.

Also on the front page of breakingnews.ie:
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwaucweymh/ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Terry wrote:
    The Romanian Ambassador to Ireland is accusing members of the Roma family living on a motorway roundabout in Dublin of misleading the Irish public.

Silvia Stancu Davidou is quoted in this morning's newspapers denying claims by the family that they lived in worse conditions at rubbish dumps in Romania.

She says the Romanian government has found out that many of those in the camp on the M50 roundabout in Ballymun had permanent addresses in Romania and received social welfare benefits at home.

Ms Davidou claims the Roma Support Group and the traveller focus group Pavee Point are spearheading a misleading campaign which embraces stereotypes about discrimination against the Roma community.

The families have denied the ambassador's claims, while the Pavee Point Roma Support Group said they did not think the ambassador's claims were credible.

thats just crazy. I love how even though the Romanian govt themselves are telling us 'they're basically trying to scam your country', the tree huggers in pavee point wont believe it for a second and are firm in thier resolve to get these parasites a free house or 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Papad

Love2love wrote:
    Anyone else notice the jump in the amount to Roma's on the M50??? First couple of article state 52 now they are saying 80 odd. Do you think that there is other Roma's jumping on the bandwagon???

Apparently another 21 joined the party last night (From Today's Independent):

ANOTHER 21 Roma have flown in to the country to take up residence alongside 86 fellow gypsies who have already set up camp beside a motorway.

Last night the latest arrivals were settling into their new surroundings at the Ballymun exit from the M50 motorway, as the Romanian ambassador launched a hard-hitting attack on Irish support groups.

The Irish Independent learned last night that the 21 extra gypsies flew in to Dublin on a flight from Bucharest on Saturday night.

The latest arrivals carried tents in their luggage and hailed a fleet of taxis to take them directly from the airport to the three makeshift camps occupied by the others for the past couple of months.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/extra-21-roma-gypsies-jet-in-to-join-m50-campers-1043107.html

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well according to this article 21 more have jetted in to join them.

From a public safety point of view the Gardai should have been deployed and the roundabout cleared. All this fannying around will create similar situations elsewhere. It needs to be nipped in the bud.

gandalf wrote:
    Well according to this article 21 more have jetted in to join them.

From a public safety point of view the Gardai should have been deployed and the roundabout cleared. All this fannying around will create similar situations elsewhere. It needs to be nipped in the bud.
    According to the Pavee point bint, those who arrived earlier are also being sent home.

This is gold:
    “We have been dealing with them since early May. A lot of the ones that have left only came here last Thursday and they hadn’t realised that the situation had changed.
    Yeah, they thought they would get a free ride too.
    http://breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwaucwojql/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

"Romanian Ambassador Silvia Davidoiu said many of the people camped on the roundabout were not homeless in Romania, adding that some even have permanent addresses in blocks of flats. Pavee Point said the Ambassador’s claims were not credible."

So the Romanian ambassador doesnt know what she's talking about and Pavee Point,an organisiation set up for IRISH travellers does?Its quite unbelievable the stupidity of these people.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Degsy wrote:
    "Romanian Ambassador Silvia Davidoiu said many of the people camped on the roundabout were not homeless in Romania, adding that some even have permanent addresses in blocks of flats. Pavee Point said the Ambassador’s claims were not credible."

So the Romanian ambassador doesnt know what she's talking about and Pavee Point,an organisiation set up for IRISH travellers does?Its quite unbelievable the stupidity of these people.

Agreed, but I suppose that do-gooders will be do-gooders though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Degsy wrote:

Indeed ! When the muppet from Payvee Pint was quoted the ambassadors words on the wireless today his response was "Well I don't know about what's going on in Romania" (not a direct quote but that was basically it). Hello Di*khead, you were banging on about their conditions being worse back home and now you can't comment on the situation in Romania ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

http://www.rte.ie/news/6news/

Search for Sarah Russell, 4th interview down.........GTFO!!! Get back home, first plane in the morning and never come back.......GTFO!!!

Free air fair home..........GTFO!!!

Then when you've watched that video look for "Woman sentenced for attempted theft" in the right hand side of that window.........GTFO.......6 previous theft charges.......GTFO and never come back. Cheaper to send her home then to put her in prison!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

"We haven't had time to investigate the circumstances"

Then kindly STFU and leave those who have do their jobs. Would be no harm if they deported her as well.

I liked Robson's take down of her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Yeah she should be on that plane as well!!!

Stark wrote:
    I liked Robson's take down of her.
    Got a link. I'd like to see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,949 ✭✭✭✭Stark

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0724/6news_av.html?2272660,null,230

PS: I meant to say Dobson, not Robson. You won't see any sliding tackles I'm afraid :)

Yeah, I had a feeling about that.
    Thanks.

Degsy wrote:

Indeed. And exactly what incentive would the Romanian government have to lie? They could deny knowledge, say that alot of their births arent registered and they dont have permanent addresses, hope to prolong the situation for a few years in order to be rid of this crowd from their own backyard. Instead they co operated and actively encouraged the Irish gov to send them packing.

Personally if I were the ambassador Id deny they were even Romanian, "we`re not takin those lot back" type attitude :)

When things started looking down for them Im surprised Pavee Point didnt advise them to head for England. After all their own interest group has taken over large areas of villages around London with relatively little government interference (on one documentary a few months ago it showed them preparing for said threatened interference- mounting gas canister traps around the enterences to the site) Im sure they breathed a collective sigh of relief when Howard didnt get in voted in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Sing it with me one time!

Na na na na!
    NA NA NA NA!
    WAY HEY HEY!!
    GOODBYE!!

Dont let the door hit your collective gypo arses on the way out now.

Tha Gopher wrote:
    Indeed. And exactly what incentive would the Romanian government have to lie? They could deny knowledge, say that alot of their births arent registered and they dont have permanent addresses, hope to prolong the situation for a few years in order to be rid of this crowd from their own backyard. Instead they co operated and actively encouraged the Irish gov to send them packing.

Personally if I were the ambassador Id deny they were even Romanian, "we`re not takin those lot back" type attitude :)

When things started looking down for them Im surprised Pavee Point didnt advise them to head for England. After all their own interest group has taken over large areas of villages around London with relatively little government interference (on one documentary a few months ago it showed them preparing for said threatened interference- mounting gas canister traps around the enterences to the site) Im sure they breathed a collective sigh of relief when Howard didnt get in voted in.

Here's a bit of footage of the chaos that ensued when they finally evicted them.http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=PJYze2FQzr4 The Irish travellers not the romas..

Brian Lenihan can be congratulated at this address

http://www.brianlenihan.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Episode is nearly over so maybe time for a summary

Goverment: Spending thousands of our money on chartering a plane, garda overtime and the future cleanup operation,

Gypises: Spent months in the worst summer in years and achieved nothing for their trouble bar whoever they got from the do-gooders.

Pavee Point: Did themselves no credit by defending the indefendable.Who will listen to them ever again.

I think the only person to come out without losing anything is the Romanian Ambassador.

Everyone else loses :(

Advertisement