Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the hetero guys aged 25+!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

It's a gift! :p
    And now we're back to the Holy Grail thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    And now we're back to the Holy Grail thing!
    I made a funny :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I think there's an assumption that girl number 1 wouldn't be very sexual. What if she was THE FILTH?!

Dudess wrote:
    I think there's an assumption that girl number 1 wouldn't be very sexual. What if she was THE FILTH?!
    So basically you just want everyone to vote for girl number 1?!

But if she was, would she not be more like girl number 2 in your example?

Girl number 1 is the more long-term prospect, but in fairness you don't really (go looking to) meet these girls in nightclubs.

• Advertisement

So basically you just want everyone to vote for girl number 1?!
    NO!!! The assumption is being made that she wouldn't be good in bed, or interested in a shag that very night. There's no reason why she would be like that.
    JC 2K3 wrote:
    What I can conclude, however, is that if she wasn't like how I've described above, then she wouldn't have posted this topic in AH.
    Yep, I really make an effort to appear intellectual, bla bla. Heaven forbid I'd just be myself.:rolleyes:

Well that's the way you put her across!
    The same way girl number 2 could be intelligent!

Seeing as it's kinda similar, here's what I posted in the "Intelligence" thread:
    I'd rate "intelligence" in a partner as someone who knows her own mind, has an opinion on something beyond Big Brother and celeb crap, and who can hold a decent conversation.

At the same time though it's equally important that they can be fun and spontaneous and just go with the flow sometimes.
    So based on that then, I suppose a mixture of girl 1 and 2 in the original example.

There's an overwhelming assumption that girl number 1 would be virginal. To me, THAT's stereotyping.

Dudess wrote:
    There's an overwhelming assumption that girl number 1 would be virginal. To me, THAT's stereotyping.
    I don'k that's it.. I think the problem is the original description is in fact a stereotype itself, ie: girl 1 is somewhat quiet (dare I say boring?) and reserved, whereas girl 2 is more of a fun easy-going "whatever" type.

While there are indeed both types out there, I think most women are a mix of the two. It's finding the RIGHT mix that's desireable.

• Advertisement

Kaiser2000 wrote:
    girl 1 is somewhat quiet (dare I say boring?) and reserved
    No, I said she's witty and a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dudess wrote:
    But just say this particular one is!! Of course not all hot blondes are idiots.
    How would one know this for sure of this though?

Is it an actual nightclub situation you're asking us to judge or is it merely asking us to choose between two hypothetical girls, and if the latter, in what context? For a relationship? For a one night stand?

Also, there is a problem with your definition of girl 1 as it is both vague and concrete at the same time. Is she supposed to be our dream girl or just a girl who just seems to reject conventions? For example, I presume when you say that she has "great taste in music, film, literature, art etc." that her taste would simply correlate with ours, which would make her our dream girl in that respect, however, you seem to make a point in saying that she doesn't expose much skin, which seems to be a rather concrete attribute of this woman. Also, when you speak of her attractiveness it's hard to know how we're supposed to classify her. You're saying she can be attractive to you but can't be conventionally attractive, which is a paradox for anyone attracted to conventionally attractive girls.

If your question can be simplified to "Would you choose a hot blonde over your dream girl who's only slightly less attractive than the blonde?", the dream girl is going to win every time, obviously, but I think that you meant it to be a little less obvious a choice than that, perhaps, "Would you choose a hot blonde over a girl who is well educated, has a music/film/literature/art taste that deviates from the norm, has a good knowledge of history, current affairs and politics yet is considerably less attractive than the blonde, despite not being ugly?" - in that case, you'd get quite a few going for the blonde, with answers differing in some cases depending on whether you're talking about a one night stand or a relationship.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Johnny Meagher

Agree with everyone that has said it's biased. If anything I sense a hint of jealousy. If the person is happy with themselves then they wouldn't give a dam about girl number 2....

And don't judge on appearance, she could be quite a nice girl, who's to know. Just because she may be uber hot, doesn't mean she's a bimbo... Maybe cailin uimhir a haon is a dull as the weather has been... They're probably both lovely lasses in ther own right.

Jealousy is a b*tch OP :p

And don't be so harsh on the blond lady, everyone needs love, she may be going the wrong way about getting it :)

This is just the loveliest contribution to the whole thread, I say we make I-like-eggs,mmm No 3 and vote again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

I'd hole them both!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Me too.
    The intelligent one first and keep the dim hot chick on the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Anto McC

I don't know why there's a choice. You pick whichever one is easiest to get into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Laslo

Take the intelligent girls phone number for theatre and dinner during the week but take the hot blonde home for a good old pole-axing that night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I havn't read the whole thread but my vote is for girl number 1. Fairly sure I fell for girl number 2 a few times though. Hope I didn't ignore girl number 1. Things can look a lot different when the 1 eyed snake is about.

JC 2K3 wrote:
    How would one know this for sure of this though?
    First impressions. That's all it can be. Look, I described a situation - agreed, it's an oversimplified one - but, as someone else said, it's for argument's sake. I understand how people could view it as biased, but there are still plenty of people saying they'd choose the second girl. And that's what I would have hoped for! I'm not bothered by people choosing the second girl - that wasn't the aim at all! I'd have been disappointed if people only picked the first girl.
    It simply boils down to, if you were getting on great with girl 1 and then a much more sexually attractive (in an obvious sense) girl made a play for you, would you ignore her, would you be torn, or would you make a beeline for her (should have added a third option - the middle one - I know). Yeah I know there are all sorts of details and logistics to consider but the situation as it stands does contain elements that most of us recognise and can relate to, and that was all I felt was necessary.
    And I must stress again: it's After Hours, only a bit of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Dudess wrote:

Why would you assume we want her to be the filth? There is room in this world for Girl A and Girl B and they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Depending on mood you would choose one and in a nightclub type situation with a few beers in me I would be in no mood to wax intellectual and would defo be straight on the to Girl B who is more interested in grinding on my leg. If I was in a pub or a house party sitting down with a few mates Girl A would win every time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Peared

Theres no way most men would pick Girl 1, and do ya know why? Cos if girl 2 was in the same pub men wouldn't even see the other one.

Girl 1 could have the hottest body ever but if she aint showin it off its no use to men. They want to look. And the easier its made for them to look ie less clothes, the more they will look. Men want to look at flesh, they may get bored of the personality within the flesh, they may not even be able to stand the girl, but they will still look.

And given the chance, touch.

Men who dont agree.. on your next night out see if your eye is drawn to the "nice, clever" one. Or the one with her tits out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

I'm not sure if that nice clever girl exists or I just can't see her. But if she is so clever why doesn't she get her tits out?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Peared wrote:
    Theres no way most men would pick Girl 1, and do ya know why? Cos if girl 2 was in the same pub men wouldn't even see the other one.

Girl 1 could have the hottest body ever but if she aint showin it off its no use to men. They want to look. And the easier its made for them to look ie less clothes, the more they will look. Men want to look at flesh, they may get bored of the personality within the flesh, they may not even be able to stand the girl, but they will still look.

And given the chance, touch.

Men who dont agree.. on your next night out see if your eye is drawn to the "nice, clever" one. Or the one with her tits out.

I know a girl with the golden bush.
    She's got enough, she's got too much.
    But I know, you wouldn't mind
    You could have it all if you wanted.
    You could have it all if it mattered so much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Where's the "I'd just fcuk them both!" option?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's combined with the still living with your parents option.

I notice the percentage voting number 2 is widening :)

Flaws aside, I do find this interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

I voted #2.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Where's the I'm-so-very-deep-and-unique-and-non-conformist-and-classy-that-I'm-not-attracted-to-fake-Playboy-playmate-types-but-intelligent-poetry-reading-pale-skinned-real-women brigade?

Looks very much as though they're done voting. It was 85-15, it's now 80-20!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭NeMiSiS

Thinking back on the people I have been with, I dunno it depends wtf is going on in your head at the time.. you don't want the same thing all the time. You could be talking to a girl that is interesting.. but that's it.. she's interesting.. it might not register in your head that she is attractive..

I've been in a situations talking to a girl.. when looking back on it.. she was hitting on me.. but I was far more interested in her friends arse.. just what my brain was telling me at the time.. Then other times the opposite is true.. but I would never actively seek to go out with some complete dumb ass.. but I would never assume because a girl is good looking she was a dumb ass .. if you get me.. which is what this thread seems to suggest.. well in a way anyway...

TK

Advertisement