Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the hetero guys aged 25+!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You obviously aren't looking for an unbiased opinion by putting this thread up, because if you were you wouldn't have been so horribly biased in your original post. You give girl one a myriad of positive attributes and not a single negative one.
    But what's wrong with that? Wouldn't you agree that either girl exists? Plus, I gave enough info on girl number 2 - maybe not as many words were typed but everything that needs to be said has been.
    And you were expecting what exactly... You might as well ask if people think murdering children is wrong!
    Bull****. There have been plenty of mixed answers.

The two girls I know don't seem to pull and I, along with other friends, have wondered whether this was because they weren't all girlie and silly. Same for myself in the past.
    It's so typical of so many Boards users to make assumptions - I must be really serious and constantly trying to be intellectual. ARSE!!! Guys tell me they can't believe how easygoing I am about bawdiness, when other girls would be like "ooh, that's disgusting".
    I mustn't be attractive - I don't have the Jessica Simpson look but I've been told that I look like Michelle Ryan (Zoe from Eastenders). Personally, while I'm delighted with such a comparison:), I don't think I actually look like her. However I do have similar hair, complexion and eye make-up style.

So I know it's easy and understandable to make assumptions about a person based on their Boards postings but try not to - some of you are WAY off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Dudess wrote:
    So I know it's easy and understandable to make assumptions about a person based on their Boards postings but try not to - some of you are WAY off.

Ha! I knew you were a guy all along :p

There is no rationale behind chatting up and/or choosing a prospective partner on any given day. Trying to figure it out will only give you head pains. A-sexuality ftw :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,032 ✭✭✭✭event

it would depend what you're looking for

perhaps some future and a longterm girlfriend, Girl 1

some fun that night, Girl 2

simple as

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

This is such a silly thread. The descriptions are horribly biased.
    Some one has a chip on their shoulder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dudess wrote:
    I mustn't be attractive - I don't have the Jessica Simpson look but I've been told that I look like Michelle Ryan (Zoe from Eastenders). Personally, while I'm delighted with such a comparison:), I don't think I actually look like her. However I do have similar hair, complexion and eye make-up style.
    All this mentioning what celebs you look like and over analysing your looks....

What other traits do you share with girl no. 2?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Pythia wrote:
    This is such a silly thread. The descriptions are horribly biased.
    Some one has a chip on their shoulder.
    I agree with this guy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

JC 2K3 wrote:
    QFT.

Anyway, this topic is stupid and the poll question might as well have been "Are you a proud intellectual?"

Voting for the first option here is essentially the pretentious dismissal of what is likely the majority of modern young people - image obsessed, materialistic, unopinionated etc.

Thing is, the likelyhood is that girl 1 won't be all that different to girl 2 if one were to analyse the situation properly.

I mean there's a lot more to having a "great taste in music, film, literature, art etc." than simply rejecting the conventional mainstream trends. The likelyhood is that someone who considers themselves an "intellectual" just adheres to what is popular amongst their subculture. It's not so much thinking for themselves as deciding they would like to adhere to an alternative stereotype.

Along the same lines, you'd wonder just how unique and interesting girl 1's opinions on politics and history would really be.

Also, as part of this "intellectual" subculture, girl 1 would probably have some kind of resentment towards "blonde bimbos" and would strive not to look anything like them. Perhaps her peers would consider her to have a unique sense of style, but unless she makes her own clothes or something, she's probably only dressing in slightly less popular items of clothing than these sort of girls.

She probably wouldn't wear very exposing clothes on a night out because she presumably would believe that that would make her a slut. Ironically, this could be considered regressional and pseudo-intellectual, as the mentality that girls who dress a certain way are sluts is an old fashioned attitude. Indeed, it's just a convention that "intellectual" girls don't dress like sluts.

All either is doing is adhering to a certain stereotype. Same thing basically. Now I accept that you haven't described girl 1 fully enough for me to simply lump her in with an alternative herd of sheep, she could actually be my dream girl.

What I can conclude, however, is that if she wasn't like how I've described above, then she wouldn't have posted this topic in AH. ;)

HERE, HERE!! :D

I bet you girl 1 would be a right pretentious cúnt after you have went on one or two dates with her and you would be sick of her.

Of course you would be sick of girl 2 too after one or two dates, but at least you would of gotten some great sex. Girl 1 would be too busy talking about Trotsky, Lenin and all that pretentious shíte.

In conclusion, girl 2 and some great sex! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Ger_Hankey

Dudess wrote:
    I am, however, interested in finding out (in as much as AH can reveal, which I agree is hardly definitive) whether it's true that, ultimately, most guys will go for looks (no matter how much of a bint she is) over someone who's interesting and great to chat to

Well, the answer to this really depends on the bloke in question. Personally I have found that when talking to a girl, she tends to get less attractive if she has nothing to say for herself or isn't particularly friendly/chatty, and I know really good looking girls I wouldn't touch cause I know they are dumb or shallow. I also find the opposite is true aswell. On the other hand I have friends whose opinion of somebody is based mostly on their looks and that opinion isn't changed much by their personality.

So I suppose in answer to your question, I would go fir the girl I would be happy spending time with (number 1).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

So what if she has a chip on her shoulder? she's already said that she's good looking.
    Dudess the issue is that we don't fancy people in the same way we pick our friends. So perhaps your friends are also to blame. Maybe they are attracted to vacuous metrosexual guys and shouldn't get annoyed when those guys fancy dumb bimbos.

Perhaps alot of the men they know are pseudo intellectuals who are threatened by brains.

Alot of men who claim to be feminists aren't. Alot of men who say they like strong women don't.

And remember if you have breasts use them. If you have a nice arse show it off.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

Dudess you do seem to have a chip on your shoulder?
    Playing up girl 1, saying you're like her, and playing down girl 2?!
    Is it about your friends not getting chatted up?
    I find it hard to believe that they NEVER get hit on...even in pubs or clubs?!
    Tbh I have to agree that men may not think they are stunning even though you think so!
    Male friends usually don't agree with me when I think a girl is hot!
    They have different ideas than us as to what is attractive.

The question was way too biased, the female examples you gave are complete opposites in the extreme.

I think more women would generally have attributes from each!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Can you vote twice?

JC 2K3 wrote:
    All this mentioning what celebs you look like and over analysing your looks
    Oh yeah, I've no problem doing that. But while I notice celebs (there ain't no getting away from them) they're not important to me.
    Nope. No chip on my shoulder. It's only an experiment and a bit of fun. I can assure you I'm not one of those resentful women who thinks that guys who leer at pictures of busty women are chauvinistic pigs.
    Plus, I don't think I'm being overly negative about the second girl - I think I've pretty much described her well: vacuous and superficial. But there's no reason why such a girl wouldn't be a nice person. And there's this assumption that the first girl I'm describing is really serious - definite no-no. I've said she's witty and easy to talk to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Dudess wrote:
    there ain't no getting away from them
    I beg to differ.
    Dudess wrote:
    Plus, I don't think I'm being overly negative about the second girl - I think I've pretty much described her well: vacuous and superficial. But there's no reason why such a girl wouldn't be a nice person. And there's this assumption that the first girl I'm describing is really serious - definite no-no. I've said she's witty and easy to talk to.
    The more you try and explain exactly what the differences between the two are, the more similar they both seem.

And whether they are really that different personalitywise isn't going to be all that clear from a conversation in a noisy pub/club in the first place - unless you're going to be superficial yourself and assume that a hot blonde in revealing clothing = an idiot.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You are all liars and charlatins.

If I was in that position I'd be bringing the blond home for a one-nighter and taking the other girls phone-number to meet up. One is girlfriend material, the other is not but on a random night out, and you've just met them both and the blonde has the hots for you, you're taking her home 10 out of 10 times!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

SetantaL wrote:
    You are all liars and charlatins.

If I was in that position I'd be bringing the blond home for a one-nighter and taking the other girls phone-number to meet up. One is girlfriend material, the other is not but on a random night out, and you've just met them both and the blonde has the hots for you, you're taking her home 10 out of 10 times!

Much as I would like to say I would do otherwise this is probably the corect answer to this question. The thing is that you know that girl number 1 is probably not gonna put out on the first night (and you would probably prefer she didnt because she seems like the type of person you could build something with) all hot blonde has is her looks and to keep you interested she will probably do all kinds of kinky wit ya on the first night. You dont care because you cant build a relationship with someone this stupid but you wouldnt mind being on her for a while. So take phone number form number 1 and take number 2 home.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

MikeHoncho wrote:
    Much as I would like to say I would do otherwise this is probably the corect answer to this question. The thing is that you know that girl number 1 is probably not gonna put out on the first night (and you would probably prefer she didnt because she seems like the type of person you could build something with) all hot blonde has is her looks and to keep you interested she will probably do all kinds of kinky wit ya on the first night. You dont care because you cant build a relationship with someone this stupid but you wouldnt mind being on her for a while. So take phone number form number 1 and take number 2 home.
    ^^ +1

Why is it that men always want to date a slut but marry a virgin?!
    Or something like that :o

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭I-like-eggs,mmm

Agree with everyone that has said it's biased. If anything I sense a hint of jealousy. If the person is happy with themselves then they wouldn't give a dam about girl number 2....

And don't judge on appearance, she could be quite a nice girl, who's to know. Just because she may be uber hot, doesn't mean she's a bimbo... Maybe cailin uimhir a haon is a dull as the weather has been... They're probably both lovely lasses in ther own right.

Jealousy is a b*tch OP :p

And don't be so harsh on the blond lady, everyone needs love, she may be going the wrong way about getting it :)

Lady in public but slut in the bedroom I thought it was :)

EDIT: no I remember now.. "Lady in the street but a freak in the bed" (Usher - Yeah! .. Wise man :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

"Marry a virgin, sleep with a whore" I think is the saying??

• Advertisement

Ah right well I was close enough...wasn't I?!

Anyway, there's no reason why the "lady in the street" and the "freak in the bed" can't be the same woman! ;)

JC 2K3 wrote:
    assume that a hot blonde in revealing clothing = an idiot.
    But just say this particular one is!! Of course not all hot blondes are idiots.
    If anything I sense a hint of jealousy. If the person is happy with themselves then they wouldn't give a dam about girl number 2
    :rolleyes: You've just advised me not to judge on appearance, so if you wouldn't mind, please don't judge me on a few posts. And maybe read the thread through - you might just find out that I'm not a jealous type and I am very happy in myself!
    Oh, and I don't understand how it could be biased.

Anyway, there's no reason why the "lady in the street" and the "freak in the bed" can't be the same woman! ;)
    True, but that's like the Holy Grail of Women! Rare indeed

Awh thanks, you're too kind! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Exactly! That's what every man wants to marry. You've just answered your own question.

Zulu wrote:
    Exactly! That's what every man wants to marry. You've just answered your own question.
    Ok guys...form an orderly queue :p

*takes a number* Now hurry up or we'll need a clean up in aisle 4! :p

(I should really go eat something rather than posting bad jokes here, but... )

Awh...I was hoping there'd be about a hundred of you by now!

Ya really know how to make a guy feel special don't ya? ;)

• Advertisement

It's a gift! :p

Advertisement