Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What sort of mouse do you use?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭SeanW

With a laser mouse you don't need a mouse mat. Just about any solid, non-transparent surface will do perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

nibble wrote:
    MX518 + Everglide Titan mat, pretty good combo I have to say.
    which mat? mine is ->

fnaticf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Logitech G5 ftw!
    And a decent mousemat make a big differerence for comfort and when gaming. I got a gel filled wrist-rest mousepad, with kind of a cloth surface. Very smooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

The Logitech MX400 Performance Laser Mouse has what is described as a "zoom" feature which allows the user to instantly zoom in and out.

Is this feature actually beneficial, or a gimmick?

http://www.dabs.ie/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=3ZXX&SearchType=1&SearchTerms=mx400&PageMode=3&SearchKey=All&SearchMode=All&NavigationKey=0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

I use Microsoft's wireless laser mouse 5000
    LINK
    Heavy thanks to the non-rechargeable batteries but six months later and still no sign of batteries needing replacing :D
    Not a great mouse for gaming btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

MX1000 Bluetooth version.

Imma chargin mah lazer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

Using the MS Laser 6000 mouse and wireless keyboard... have had it a year and havent had to replace the batteries yet.. great mouse.. only thing, every so often fluff might get caught under it by the laser hole and it causes it to wobble the cursor..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭John mac

Another MX-1000 owner here.
    Got sick of using the ball one thats nearly 8 years old!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

zoe wrote:
    Is this feature actually beneficial, or a gimmick?

Gimmick.

I use the MX510. I had a 518 (better resolution) but it broke and I actually prefer the feel of the 510. Can't explain that weirdness, as you can move the res of the 518 down to the 510 level. Anyway....it's still working, and a cracking mouse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Still using my MX510, but the LMB is getting a bit finnicky... as it does with all my mice eventually.

Also, I wouldn't use a wireless mouse if I got it for free... which is funny because I was given one for free a few months ago and never use it... laggy load of arse, and since when do mice need batteries?! pff... I'm supposed to pay a premium for that?! Ask me bollox tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

For game machine MX518. has buttons to change speed of the mouse and loads of buttons.

For my laptop I use Mighty mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

zoe wrote:
    The guys here that use wireless laser mice, do you find having to constantly charge the batteries a hassle?

How long does it take to charge to mouse batteries?

How much use do you get from a charge?

Do you have the charger going beside you all the time and then when you're not using it for a few minutes set it in the docking station (so it's always being topped up), or do you charge it fully at one time such as charging it overnight?

I have the logitech G7 wireless mouse.

Yes I am constantly charging the batteries , but thats not a problem at all. The mouse runs off of a single lithium ion batery, but you get 2 in teh pack , which means you have one battery constantly in the charger and then swith it when the mouse is dead, and by the time the fully charged mouse is dead teh other battery will be fully charged. And there is a nice spring loaded mounting system for the batteries so yo dont need any tools. Also the charger plugs into any usb port on a pc ,so it does not leave a trailing lead doen to the socket.

I game quite heavily ( at least 2-3 hours a day, well for hte last few weeks anyway ) and I have to say I have not noticed any latenc issues at all. The only problem is that sometimes the cursur will start to go crazy for a period of time, as though its not synced properly or something, but I have yet to find the reason. Also dont worry about interference, I have a wifi router about 4 feet away from the mouse and reciever and it does not affect the mouse .

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

I game quite heavily ( at least 2-3 hours a day)
    wtf ?!!

when you start 5+ a day, come talk to me :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

but you get 2 in teh pack , which means you have one battery constantly in the charger and then swith it when the mouse is dead, and by the time the fully charged mouse is dead teh other battery will be fully charged.
    I don't get it... why does having a wire coming out of your mouse bother you to the point where farting around with swapping/charging batteries becomes preferable?

I don't get wireless keyboards either...
    "Yeah a wireless keyboard, great, now I won't be tripping over the cable every time I get up"
    do people use their PCs from the couch? It's the only situation where I could see a wired keyboard being a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

I use my mouse as a remote control for when i am watching DVDs in my room. Saves me having to get up and actually do something akin to physical exercise :p
    The only problem is that sometimes the cursur will start to go crazy for a period of time

More than likely if its a laser mouse, some debris near the laser and its using that instead of the flat surface as its reading surface

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭fletch

Razer Copperhead here and I don't even play games :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭zoe

Ginger wrote:
    I use my mouse as a remote control for when i am watching DVDs in my room. Saves me having to get up and actually do something akin to physical exercise :p
    :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i can see the use for wireless mice/keyboards on the likes of HTPC's but on any gaming pc it's just like, why bother.

Advertisement