Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotten Habits in Public!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,608 ✭✭✭Spud83

Ok this for everyone who wants to know the solution to scratchin your ass in public.

1) Wipe your ass, that should really cut down the frequency of said itchs.
    2) Find a pole to rub against like cats, or rub your arse along the ground like dogs ya animals.
    3) I dont care how ya get rid of it deal with it without me feeling physically sick from the sight of you with your finger half way up your hole.
    A variety of over-the-counter and prescription anti-itch drugs as well as many home remedies for itching relief, such as ice, cold water and antihistamines among several that are effective.

Sometimes scratching relieves isolated itches, hence the existence of devices such as the back scratcher. Often, however, scratching can intensify itching and even cause further damage to the skin, dubbed the "itch-scratch-itch cycle".

A number of plants are traditionally seen as natural remedies for itch. For itch caused by mosquito bites, stinging nettles, or poison ivy in the woods, one may use the juice of the jewelweed plant. Another remedy is dock, traditionally used for nettle stings. These traditional remedies often conveniently grow in the areas where the cause (mosquitos, poison ivy, nettles, etc.) is common.

The mainstay of therapy for dry skin is maintaining adequate skin moisture and topical emollients.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

It really gets my tits wobbling when I see young lads in tracksuits, hoodies and hands down their bollox!.

That and spitting. Barring pissing or ****ting in public I don't think there's anything as disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Ok this for everyone who wants to know the solution to scratchin your ass in public.

1) Wipe your ass, that should really cut down the frequency of said itchs.
    2) Find a pole to rub against like cats, or rub your arse along the ground like dogs ya animals.
    3) I dont care how ya get rid of it deal with it without me feeling physically sick from the sight of you with your finger half way up your hole.

Ah, but you can't beat a good ol' dig at the crack of yer arse. Problem is it always occurs when your out in the busy streets and it'll randomly happen. For further embarrasement you try to contain yourself but it gets worse so you end up walking a few steps like your own shíte flew back up your arse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

People scratchin the arseholes really is the most disgusting thing i have seen. i dont mean a quick scratch the people who reall get in there and give it a good go. its horrible.

That's gross. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Duggy747 wrote:
    Ah, but you can't beat a good ol' dig at the crack of yer arse. Problem is it always occurs when your out in the busy streets and it'll randomly happen. For further embarrasement you try to contain yourself but it gets worse so you end up walking a few steps like your own shíte flew back up your arse.
    :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Duggy747 wrote:

Ha ha! That had me laughing behind my screen and the rest of the office looking at me like I'm mad (which could well be the case)

I agree with a previous poster - I pay little attention to what others are doing. But sometimes observing those rotten habits can be unavoidable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Smoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭beans

Fairly sure someone jerked off in our urinal at some point today. That's fairly gross... if not really in public, but still

• Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

OP, nose picking at it's worst! I was on the LUAS a while back and a middle aged man across from me was picking his nose, examining it and wiping it on the window ( nice big smear he had going as well!)

I told him that it was f*cking disgusting and that I wouldn't expect my 3 year old to do something like that.

What does he do then... Pulls a tissue out from his jacket and wipes the snot off the window :eek:

ah jesus!all over the window!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

And not just a little bit, looks like he had spent a lot of effort making the mess he did!

So next time you nod off on public transport, try not to lean against the window!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭michaelanthony

Women who pick matter off their hair or face, examine it intently and then discard it by rubbing their fingers. I see it all the time and it's gross.

RosieJoe wrote:
    And not just a little bit, looks like he had spent a lot of effort making the mess he did!

So next time you nod off on public transport, try not to lean against the window!;)
    It certainly does explain the suspicious trails left on the windows.....lucky I was always too afraid to lean my head against them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

Arse scratchers - go and get some worm pills for yourselves you filthy yokes!

Spitting - no need, no medical cause so just don't do it.

Picking the nose - tissue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

spitting, makes me sick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭kyp_durron

Personally I find women who pick their nose in public highly erotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Muzzy

Snot Rockets
    Obvious nose pickers
    People who need to clear their throat but don't and still continue to talk
    Burping
    Sneezing without putting your hand to yer face
    Popping spots
    Talking with mouth full and spitting bits of food
    Spitters

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 827 ✭✭✭Brian Capture

sh*ting in public is pretty gross.

Saw someone do it in Fleet Street. I was standing around ten yards away waiting for a friend.

Pebble dash scutter.
    Obviously had the runs.

Was asking passers-by for tissues to wipe himself.

No takers.

So pulled up his trousers and walked off. Left the sh*t on the pavement. A dog went over to it and licked it.

How anyone can consider dogs to be decent animals after this sort of activity is beyond me.

Has anybody ever shat or farted a blood clot?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I asked for a slice of pizza in a fast food place off Dame Street. As the person turned I noticed them pick their nose, rub and flick, with the food hygiene gloves on. I hadn't payed, they moved back to the counter. I turned and left. I felt like retching outside the place.. ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Forgot this.. old fellahs usually, the bright green apple crumble type phlegm. On the DART, casual as you please, head down, two horsey coughs and up come a big gobstopper of throaty goodness. Not a bother. Dirty looks from about 3 passengers, no-one says anything. Goes back to checking race fixtures in a tabloid.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

People scratchin the arseholes really is the most disgusting thing i have seen. i dont mean a quick scratch the people who reall get in there and give it a good go. its horrible.

I find if I say" have you something in your eye" when i catch them at it it embarrasses the hell out of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

sh*ting in public is pretty gross.

Saw someone do it in Fleet Street. I was standing around ten yards away waiting for a friend.

Pebble dash scutter.
    Obviously had the runs.

Was asking passers-by for tissues to wipe himself.

No takers.

So pulled up his trousers and walked off. Left the sh*t on the pavement. A dog went over to it and licked it.

How anyone can consider dogs to be decent animals after this sort of activity is beyond me.

Has anybody ever shat or farted a blood clot?

:eek: Disturbing yet funny LOL :D

<EDIT> Actually I'm bursting my sides laughing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

I was on the bus one afternoon when a man sat down a few rows ahead of me. He stuck his finger in his ear, giving it a scratch I thought- but no. He dug out a blob of wax- and put it in his mouth.

And he kept going! It was horrible! I directed my stare out the window but could still see him going at it out the corner of my eye. Aggh!

There's another fella on the bus who likes to touch himself while staring at/harrassing girls on the bus- rotten. Anyone who gets that particular bus knows EXACTLY who he is.

Edit: Also, seen a girl pull down her pants and take a big sh!t. The thing that confused me was she did this directly outside a public toilet- guess it was either a matter of extreme importance, or she decided the footpath was more hygienic...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,223 ✭✭✭Archeron

Gauge wrote:

Edit: Also, seen a girl pull down her pants and take a big sh!t. The thing that confused me was she did this directly outside a public toilet- guess it was either a matter of extreme importance, or she decided the footpath was more hygienic...

Heh heh. I was out with a girl once who did that, except she said she'd be back in a minute, climbed over a little fence and went into the central part of the Dublin Corpo headquarters on Wood Quay and proceeded to blow a nasty scutter into the flower bed. She didnt even hide in the bushes, just in the flowers in the middle. She didnt seem to notice that there were people still in some of the offices that could see her. Needless to say, that was the last time I was out with her.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

beans wrote:
    Fairly sure someone jerked off in our urinal at some point today. That's fairly gross... if not really in public, but still
    Some guy actually did that whilst looking at me in the blokes, back away...

I find nothing wrong with this picking of noses, not really disgusting to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

Don1 wrote:
    Unless you are on medication that induces severe rectal itching! (that was in some Wayans brothers film)
    Wayans movies should also be banned.

And as for the people complaining about teh apes on the buses, buy a DS, or a book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭CherieAmour

RosieJoe wrote:
    OP, nose picking at it's worst! I was on the LUAS a while back and a middle aged man across from me was picking his nose, examining it and wiping it on the window ( nice big smear he had going as well!)

I told him that it was f*cking disgusting and that I wouldn't expect my 3 year old to do something like that.

What does he do then... Pulls a tissue out from his jacket and wipes the snot off the window :eek:

Oh good God!!! Vile!!! :(

Fair play for saying something RosieJoe - I think if I had seen something that bad I would have done so too - that makes me nauseous reading it!

To Daddio, I have a DS and often have a book with me, but you can still see them out of the corner of your eye - knowing that though I am looking away, they're still doing it doesn't make me feel any better. Sometimes I just want to throw something at them! Not my DS though....:D

Advertisement