Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can provocative internet forums be shut down??

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

its hilarious alright,though some of the tosh you hear round the country from the pub republicans in their celtic shirts (gross stereotype i know) is equally as offensive,how often have i heard people say " i hate brits" and some vitriol in cork,limerick, dublin,rich and poor,male and female, for shame....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

The best you could do is have it delisted in search engines which have individual country domains,

for example, if it is a fascist site you could request it to be removed from the index of google.de, if it is inciting race hate, then you could request it be removed from google.co.uk etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Dunno about the rest of ye, but I'm more offended by people request to have this kinda thing banned than the content of the original post, Sh1te like this is easy to dismis as the ramblings of a loon, however people who I would consider sane and rational requesting censorship :rolleyes:

Goes back to that Voltaire quote dont it.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,350 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a difference between incitement to hatred (an action) and freedom of speech.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

0ubliette wrote:
    . However, console yourself with the fact that this idiot will spend the rest of his life waiting in vain for the day when the UK 'reclaims the hate state' and crushes all us Catholics with it. It wont happen, and hes going to spend the rest of his life pissed off and angry, possibly giving himself a nasty case of piles in the process.

any similarities there to your own feelings about the romas maybe? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

tbh wrote:
    any similarities there to your own feelings about the romas maybe? ;)
    that was one of my thoughts, would there be this much condemnation if he were talking about Muslims, or romas, or travellers?

I suspect not.

Advertisement