Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Crucifix wrote:
    I put my alarm on the other side of the room so I have to get up to turn it off.

This used to work for me too; now I get up, walk to the other side of the room, turn it off and climb back into bed.. usually with no recollection of this a few hours later when I realised I've missed a whole day in college :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

firstly, breakfast... then work..... then drinks or music.... but mostly just breakfast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Z

I think the OP means deeper, more meaningful things than "GF pushes me outta bed for work" responses!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

They probably shouldn't have posted the topic in AH then ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I have to share 1 box of coco pops with my 3 brothers

so I have to get up sharpish if I don't want rice krispies :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Acid_Violet

Breakfast, my family nagging/berrating me to get out of bed or the thoughts of meeting friends later that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Work unfortunately. But this morning I woke and said "feck it". I was almost an hour late. All because I wanted another twenty minutes in bed. Only other reason to get up is a girl beside you wanting attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

This used to work for me too; now I get up, walk to the other side of the room, turn it off and climb back into bed.. usually with no recollection of this a few hours later when I realised I've missed a whole day in college :(

I'm the same. I get up turn off the alarm and go back to bed after turning on the shower. My second alarm goes off about 20 minutes later and I get up walk across the room and put it on snooze before going back to bed (This normally happens at least 3 times).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

What gets you out of bed in the morning?

My girlfriend, she's hates the idea of me being late for work :/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Yore ma!

I never thought I would sink that low

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Because my life is brilliant, I feel the need to live it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

The weight of the world crushing my spirit every day and the drudgery of mundane day after day after day of meaningless, unbearable pain that is my pathetic life.....

Other than that life is too good to stay in bed, except for Saturdays & Sundays when I get to have a lie-in from working all week and the resulting weekend piss-up! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I get up mostly just to see what happens, and have a bit of a feck around and a laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭eurotrotter

each day i get up out of bed and 'off my arse' is a day closer to where i want to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭Dublin1983

ur ma

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

scojones wrote:
    What gets me up in the morning... Bills and loans to be honest. I'd love to be 15 again and have no responsibility but you have to get over that. I think if I didn't have any loans or bills I would find it harder to keep working. Are you happy in your current job OP?

Ha, well, I quit not so long ago cause I was very unhappy doing it. Good at what I did but unhappy. Being asked to name 5 things I loved about the company by my manager during a yearly review didn't help either, especially the last question when he asked "when you get up in the morning, do you go "OH MY GOD, YES! Another day at ______!!!"" (He was earnest asking it!) I answered the first 4 as positively as I could but almost lol'ed at him for the last one.:)

So no, the career I chose isn't exactly something that would excite you in the morn.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Yore ma!

I never thought I would sink that low

maybe you should make yourself feel better by shooting yourself in the face?

Also nothing would get me out of bed in the morning if I had it my way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Skip Work!

theTinker wrote:
    I most definitely relate!

I used to put my phone on the wooden floor vibrating because it would wake the whole house up if i didnt get up straight away. I then lived in a karaoke bar for 3 months, now I dont even bat an eyelid if a bus beeps in my ear. Amazing what u can be conditioned to.

For me, Its a day closer to the weekend each time i do it, sooner i do it, the sooner the weekend comes
    ( My logic is flawless. please let me keep it.)

I totally agree with this logic . . . tis the only thing that gets me up in the morn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I get up to see whats gonna happen, maybe something interesting, maybe (usually) not.....and also if i dont get up, my bed will be taken away and replaced by a sleeping back and the steps of the customs house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

Nothing seems to get me out of bed these days unless I've had 9-12 hours sleep. It's really fcuking annoying! I only ever get up before 9 on days when I have work, but they're fewer and further between these days because of the old deadline looming... eek!

My reason for living? Juicy Fruit Strappleberry. How deep and meaningful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭Archeron

I share my bed with three hedgehogs, which makes it fairly easy to get up in the morning, middle of the night, anytime really. Between that and the quite intricate catapult system which launches me naked and screaming into the forest behind my house makes it a doddle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cassie2007

The thought of a steaming mug of black coffee and a sconce around Boards first thing when I get into work, ha ha.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Reku

Having to get ready for work, means days off start much later for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭barrett1965

I read the book you are refering to. I was struck when he talked about finding 'meaning' in a persons life. I think he was bang on when he said this.

But to answer your question: I get up in the morning as I am rearing a family (meaning) but even if I was single, I would still get up as I believe their is a purpose (meaning, again) Don't ask me what it is though. I will say it has a spiritual dimention.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

zuutroy wrote:
    I get up mostly just to see what happens, and have a bit of a feck around and a laugh.
    Here here! :D

To see what strange story life will place me in each day. (Today's story will quite dull, I've got the flu - the highlight will probs be watching the end of Pom Poko...)

Advertisement