Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

That's Some Freaky Feet There Missus

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,980 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Piste wrote:
    This thread is weird!

I know, I mentioned it was at the very beginning. I thought I was normal and my GF was the freak, now it looks like its actually the other way around!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

I can open my toes like that, and have quiet a strong foot-grip/curl. Anything else is just weird.

I think we should have Know your feet thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

I'm afraid I'm not that special and can only curl!
    Pffft! You're all norms as far as I'm concerned...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

dude if those are your feet you win hands down!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

The Gnome wrote:

What in the name of god..... those ain't hands,....they're...they're.....:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

thrill wrote:
    What in the name of god..... those ain't hands,....they're...they're.....:confused:
    times 2! They're strange and almost, kinda sinister looking and just very, very unusual :confused:

The Gnome wrote:

Oohhhhh freaky stuff indeed! Still double jointed people have been around for a long time and we've all heard of them when we were growing up so I maintain that this whole toe's thing is stranger as I thought it was unusual!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

euuuwwwww

/puts breakfast in the bin.

i can hear dog whistles.... if thats strange.

and that bleedin silent ring tone...

23 btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

humbert wrote:
    wiggle your ears eh? Now that's odd! Are there even muscles there??

It feels like there's muscles there, behind the ear itself.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Of course I can spread them. I clasped a duckling by the throat with them once.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I can open out my toes but my bf can't and thinks it's the work of the devil* lol... Freaks him right out... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭The Gnome

humbert wrote:
    dude if those are your feet you win hands down!

:D
    humbert wrote:
    Oohhhhh freaky stuff indeed! Still double jointed people have been around for a long time and we've all heard of them when we were growing up so I maintain that this whole toe's thing is stranger as I thought it was unusual!

It's the same thing as far as I know. Tis called hyper-mobility, my hand thing, the foot thing, being able to touch your nose with your tongue and a lot of the stuff volvoboy can do are all signs of it.

On more serious note hyper-mobility itself is a sign of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I can tongue my nose and roll it too
    can't spread the toes :( but can pick up stuff with them when I curl them
    I can click the right side of my jaw by moving it side to side or back and forth.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The Gnome wrote:
    Dinosaur fingers, i salute you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

The Gnome wrote:
    I can do the 2 of them as well. I can also bend my thumb back mad far (not the best way of explaining it) I can open and curl my toes at the same time. I can raise one eyebrow at a time (can do it with both) Can roll my tongue and touch my nose with my tongue. Yes I truly am a freak.

Reganio 2 wrote:
    I can do the 2 of them as well. I can also bend my thumb back mad far (not the best way of explaining it) I can open and curl my toes at the same time. I can raise one eyebrow at a time (can do it with both) Can roll my tongue and touch my nose with my tongue. Yes I truly am a freak.

Hmnn it would seem that you are. I hope you've:

A- Never attempted all this at once
    and
    B- Never used this as a pulling method

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I can spread the toes on my right foot, but not on the left..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

eo980 wrote:

Basically my missus is able to manipulate her toes in a mighty strange way. She's able to open out her toes like you can do with your fingers. I can't do much with my toes, except curl them which is what I suspect most people can only do.

my wife is the same,they are like some kind of ape type toes,i find it quite freaky

Reganio 2 wrote:
    Can touch my nose with my tongue. Yes I truly am a freak.

Then I'm a freak too. I have an abnormally long tongue, and can lick my chin or nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

FX Meister wrote:
    I can do that with my toes, I thought everyone could.

Same here!

• Advertisement

MooseJam wrote:
    wtf, your misses has hairy toes, has she got a sausage too

i thought that one toe was hairy, the other wasnt .. man im going to have nightmare tonight.

oh, i can partially dislocate one of my toes but it always hurts like crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I can't do the toes thing, but i can pop out a bone in my wrist (both wrists actually) and when i do i lose the power in my hands until i pop them back in....i should probably stop doing that actually!!

Steve_o wrote:
    I can't do the toes thing, but i can pop out a bone in my wrist (both wrists actually) and when i do i lose the power in my hands until i pop them back in....i should probably stop doing that actually!!

You HAVE to put this on youtube, it sounds fantastic, it a bizarre, circus freak kind of way!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

my wife and daughter can spread their toes, far more than in that pic as well

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Pompey Magnus

I only have control over my big toes, and when I bend a big toe all the other ones bend automatically. I have absolutey no control over the other 8. I reckon in a few generations all my descendents will just have two toes on each foot: the big toe, and all other toes evolving into one "super" toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭metaoblivia

The Gnome wrote:
    :D

It's the same thing as far as I know. Tis called hyper-mobility, my hand thing, the foot thing, being able to touch your nose with your tongue and a lot of the stuff volvoboy can do are all signs of it.

On more serious note hyper-mobility itself is a sign of Ehlers-Danlos syndrome!

I have mild EDS! My fingers are about as bad as yours, and I can dislocate several joints in my body on command (although I don't do it). I can bend my hand backwards and lay it against my wrist.
    And (on topic) I can spread my toes and point some of them in different directions. I used to be a gymnast as well, so I'm just as flexible in other joints too (hello boys! ;) )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

ned78 wrote:
    You HAVE to put this on youtube, it sounds fantastic, it a bizarre, circus freak kind of way!

I'll get a camera and try get it onto Youtube tonight!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

zaph wrote:
    I demand a third option for that poll! I can open my toes (I assumed everyone could) but I can't curl them while they're spread.

Fourth-ed.

Advertisement