Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Inn - a place to chat and introduce yourselves (Awww...a Kildare forum..)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Terry wrote:
    Seperate parish.
    It is a townland too, as much as Kellystown, Cooldrinagh, Easton (to the west), Weston (to the South East), Etc.

Bleedin' farenders.

I am also Leixlipian, from Confey, a born and bred hiller!! (Well, bred anyway!)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

A far ender myself.

=-=

Confey: Hillers
    Leixlip: Far Enders

Leixlip also known as leeky-kip
    Celbridge also known as smell-bridge
    Maynooth also known as gaynooth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Gaynooth? How original :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Spring_bud

Why is no one selling its praises???

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Clane ALL the WAY!!!! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,814 ✭✭✭dobsdave

the_syco wrote: »
    Leixlip also known as leeky-kip
    Celbridge also known as smell-bridge
    Maynooth also known as gaynooth

When you're 10yrs old, maybe.

Anyway, smellbridge all the way!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Kildare Dude"91

flyin d flay for the awesome kildare haha :D

• Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

flyin d flay for the awesome kildare haha :D

I've read this. and reread it. and reread it again. now please. . what do you mean???:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭banjopaul

ChewChew wrote: »
    I've read this. and reread it. and reread it again. now please. . what do you mean???:eek:
    I'm guessing he meant flag..
    My as well join in this thread, outside Naas here!

my bad haha :L

• Advertisement

banjopaul wrote: »
    I'm guessing he meant flag..
    My as well join in this thread, outside Naas here!

hahhaaaa. . thats surely does make some sense!!! Thanky you for clearing that up!! :p

Ans to join. . Am Celbridge myself :D
    my bad haha :L

Silly billy!! lol. :P

haha my digit slipped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭abitlonely

Terry wrote: »
    Easton (to the west), Weston (to the South East)

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Buffman

Northon and Southon were taken...:P

Smellbridge rocks

Leixlip, as long as they stay on there side of the motorway, theres no trouble:P

Maynooth gets along with everybody, never heard of Gaynooth before:confused:

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Buffman wrote: »
    Northon and Southon were taken...:P

Smellbridge rocks

Leixlip, as long as they stay on there side of the motorway, theres no trouble:P

Maynooth gets along with everybody, never heard of Gaynooth before:confused:

smellbridge does rock!!! :D big YAY for smellbridge!! LOL :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

Gaynooth, love it! I've never heard this before either, but it's genius. When I went to maynooth college i couldn't help but notice two things. (1) I only ever say one black dude on campus, and he was a lecturer! (granted this was a couple years ago, but in my experience of other college campuses, NUI maynooth struck me as being a whole lot whiter!) and (2) there were gay people everywhere. I never did a survey but I think somewhere between 90-90% of the people there were gay (and EVERY girl i tried to chat up there responded with something along the lines of "sorry, i'm gay"...funny, that!).

I'm sure "gaynooth" came about due to the childish habit of using the word "Gay" as some sort of outrageous insult, but those childish sons of guns didn't know how right they were!

thats a very interesting story!! you should have done a survey! :pac:

Yep, I could see that working very well. "Excuse me sir/madam, are you gay by any chance?"

this would probably lead to one of the following things happening:-

1) Offended straight guy headbutts me
    2) Offended straight girl knees me in balls
    3) Offended man-hating gay girl kicks me in the shins with her doc martins
    4) Offended gay guy biatch-slaps the taste right out of my mouth
    5) Flattered gay guy tries to bring me home to have his way with me.

I don't think the survey was worth the risk!!

Another celbridge-head here, seems to be all north kildare folks on this, does no one south of naas use boards?!

Fall_Guy wrote: »
    between 90-90% of the people there were gay (and EVERY girl i tried to chat up there responded with something along the lines of "sorry, i'm gay"...funny, that!).

Wow, those are some interesting stats alright, you should should post a survey in the NUI Maynooth forum and see what happens:rolleyes:

Could be the reason why there are so many shopping centres in Maynooth...:D

does no one south of naas use boards?!

No, I hear they're still waiting for the oul electricity to reach down that far..:D

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

Yep, I could see that working very well. "Excuse me sir/madam, are you gay by any chance?"

this would probably lead to one of the following things happening:-

1) Offended straight guy headbutts me
    2) Offended straight girl knees me in balls
    3) Offended man-hating gay girl kicks me in the shins with her doc martins
    4) Offended gay guy biatch-slaps the taste right out of my mouth
    5) Flattered gay guy tries to bring me home to have his way with me.

I don't think the survey was worth the risk!!

Another celbridge-head here, seems to be all north kildare folks on this, does no one south of naas use boards?!

dude that made me laugh so hard. seriously. I could imagine every single one of those things happening. hhahhahahaa :D

Yup. Celbridge chick here too. Dont think teh tinterwebs has travelled that far?? I dunno.

Wow, those are some interesting stats alright, you should should post a survey in the NUI Maynooth forum and see what happens:rolleyes:

Could be the reason why there are so many shopping centres in Maynooth...:D

There's not THAT many shopping centre's is there??? :D:D:D

• Advertisement

There's not THAT many shopping centre's is there??? :D:D:D

Well, theres a little itty bity one over near the Newton Inn, another smallish one at the Maxol on the Straffan road, the slightly larger one at the Glenroyal, the biggish Manor Mills, the equally large Tesco SC, and the humungous new Tesco's which is being built at the mo ( I hear M&S are going in there too...)

Although 2 shops in close proximity are a S.C. to me so I may be exaggerating....:D:D

O ye, and a Lidl and an Aldi in the same town, hmmmm, seems fishey to me....:D

Well, theres a little itty bity one over near the Newton Inn, another smallish one at the Maxol on the Straffan road, the slightly larger one at the Glenroyal, the biggish Manor Mills, the equally large Tesco SC, and the humungous new Tesco's which is being built at the mo ( I hear M&S are going in there too...)

Although 2 shops in close proximity are a S.C. to me so I may be exaggerating....:D:D

O ye, and a Lidl and an Aldi in the same town, hmmmm, seems fishey to me....:D

I would'nt exactly call them shopping centre in fairness :eek: but Manor Mills falls under that category. ;)

The new tesco will be great. There is going to be Marks & Spencers and a Penny's amongst others. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Gaynooth, love it! I've never heard this before either, but it's genius. When I went to maynooth college i couldn't help but notice two things. (1) I only ever say one black dude on campus, and he was a lecturer! (granted this was a couple years ago, but in my experience of other college campuses, NUI maynooth struck me as being a whole lot whiter!) and (2) there were gay people everywhere. I never did a survey but I think somewhere between 90-90% of the people there were gay (and EVERY girl i tried to chat up there responded with something along the lines of "sorry, i'm gay"...funny, that!).

I'm sure "gaynooth" came about due to the childish habit of using the word "Gay" as some sort of outrageous insult, but those childish sons of guns didn't know how right they were!

Definitely a big gay population in NUI Maynooth, always wondered about that. Considering most of the students there are from the country I'm thinking gay-ness is a big thing amongst us culchies.

Clare Bear wrote: »
    Definitely a big gay population in NUI Maynooth, always wondered about that. Considering most of the students there are from the country I'm thinking gay-ness is a big thing amongst us culchies.

I KNEW it wasn't just me, the place it crawling with gay folks (not that there's anything wrong with that!)...hmm, about the culchie thing, i'm guessing after 18 years of having to supress their sexuality in order to avoid regular gay-bashings from the local jocks from the gaa clubs, the fresh faced culchie gay-folk lose all the run of themselves when they reach the liberal gay-friendly college town that is maynooth. They must love it, its like a whole village-load of the only gay in the village all descending on one unsuspecting satellite town, from a famine to a feast in one simple CAO admission!

I KNEW it wasn't just me, the place it crawling with gay folks (not that there's anything wrong with that!)...hmm, about the culchie thing, i'm guessing after 18 years of having to supress their sexuality in order to avoid regular gay-bashings from the local jocks from the gaa clubs, the fresh faced culchie gay-folk lose all the run of themselves when they reach the liberal gay-friendly college town that is maynooth. They must love it, its like a whole village-load of the only gay in the village all descending on one unsuspecting satellite town, from a famine to a feast in one simple CAO admission!

NUIM was a choice of places for me to go study in next year. . I'm worried now!! :eek:

I would'nt exactly call them shopping centre in fairness :eek: but Manor Mills falls under that category. ;)

The new tesco will be great. There is going to be Marks & Spencers and a Penny's amongst others. :D

Yep, I may have been slightly 'overselling' the idea.... get it..:D:D

I was actually at a cattle market once on that tesco site before they demolished it, now that was an experience...
    NUIM was a choice of places for me to go study in next year. . I'm worried now!! :eek:

Is there something you want to tell us..... :D:D:D

Yep, I may have been slightly 'overselling' the idea.... get it..:D:D

I was actually at a cattle market once on that tesco site before they demolished it, now that was an experience...

What you did right there, . . . . . I saw it!!! :D

and I so remember that cattle mart. holy moly!!! how old are you??? I was only a kid when it was there :o

Is there something you want to tell us..... :D:D:D

nothing at all. I is girl. I like the boys. I dont have teh ghey. :P

What you did right there, . . . . . I saw it!!! :D

and I so remember that cattle mart. holy moly!!! how old are you??? I was only a kid when it was there :o

23, and I was a kid too, surrounded by all those oul smelly yokes, and I ain't talking about the cattle....:eek:

NUIM would be handy for ya anyway, location wise that is:D:D

23, and I was a kid too, surrounded by all those oul smelly yokes, and I ain't talking about the cattle....:eek:

thats is like WAY too gross. smelly old farmers :eek: :eek: :eek:
    NUIM would be handy for ya anyway, location wise that is:D:D

Oi you cheeky mare!! :P

And I've been swayed to attend an IT. . so NUIM is out for the foreseeable future!:D

• Advertisement

And I've been swayed to attend an IT. . so NUIM is out for the foreseeable future!:D

Well I was a DIT man myself, so welcome to the darkside.:D:D
    IT s kick ass

Advertisement