Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how about a random photo thread?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ThOnda wrote:
    magicsomething: the first one is amazing!
    cheers; for the sake of comparison, here's the original scan, from velvia. i essentially just desaturated and darkened it a tad.

160707012wx7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Magic, would you mind if I had a quick go at the colour version in Photoshop? No worries if not!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,142 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

no problem whatsoever.
    i'm up to my oxters scanning here, so that was just a quick and dirty job.

Cheers, I just did a colour version now couldn't get it looking exactly how I wanted, but it has great potential for B&W...

Also would have made a great IR shot, white grass & reflections with a pretty black water & sky... Nice work!

160707012wx7copy.jpg

cheers - i may scan it again, and play with the gain, might get more detail out of the sky. i've more shots from that lake, between 1 and 8 seconds long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

love this thread. another random one. one of my personal favourites.

66273664_c2c0facb56_o.jpg

Shutterclick, that's a great shot. Is there any way you can bring the swan into it a bit better? Not sure, it just seems to blend in a bit... maybe it's my monitor?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

You've been there, you saw it, you took a picture, you were willing to play with it...
    Great job.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭shutterclick

Shutterclick, that's a great shot. Is there any way you can bring the swan into it a bit better? Not sure, it just seems to blend in a bit... maybe it's my monitor?

thanks. yeah i know .. there is something a bit off about it, but thats the best i could do with it at the time. the original was a bit overexposed so the swan was a bit blown out. its a couple of years old, that shot.

cheers - i may scan it again, and play with the gain, might get more detail out of the sky. i've more shots from that lake, between 1 and 8 seconds long.

Even in the low res one there, there's plenty of detail in the blue's of the sky. Should be loads to play with! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Spyral

The lead singer from a band, Im not that good at people (or low light conditions :D - blame it on no prime lens ;) ) but I think this one came out ok-ish

feverpitch2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭afatbollix

stp60627mediumrg4.th.jpg
    first holiday snap...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭positron

I called this 'The Curse of the Ware-Rabbit', for some reason!

835190813_f33b17c538_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

844134003_aecfa456a9.jpg

Irish Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grendo89

i'm no photographer now..someday hopefully! just thought id see what other people thought!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Rojo wrote:
    844134003_aecfa456a9.jpg

Irish Summer

Thats an excellent shot. What sort of processing did you do on that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Rojo

Thank you! PP for that shot, it was pretty much all done in the raw editor. Then there was lots of burning and a contrast boost in photoshop!

It is indeed a very nice shot Rojo!

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭msdurden

Great idear for a thread... this one was taken in IMMA, (needs straightening I know :D)

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n148/ddunne_1982/?action=view&current=immaflags.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

Racing in Athlone last Sunday;
    Walderstown_RoadRacing_2007__Pans_DSC_9173.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,630 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

great speed in that photo biker , i assume you panned to get that results and did you use particularly slow shutter speed ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Biker.ie

1/20 and he was shifting, the classics were that bit slower so 1/10 was possible, any slower than that and it gets a tad... abstract :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Damned Thing

717297455_134d8e3b46.jpg

726028912_4f9f17c3c2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43 grendo89

i really like your second one damned thing, love the expressions! fair doos!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

847389632_53471a24f8.jpg

he kept asking me to take his photo. It was a freezing cold Saturday morning in late January 2007

• Registered Users Posts: 2,852 ✭✭✭Hugh_C

Total poser!

844041797_3efcba122b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

hughchal wrote:
    Total poser!

844041797_3efcba122b.jpg

The handwritten word is a beautiful thing to behold, beautiful photo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

717297455_134d8e3b46.jpg

726028912_4f9f17c3c2.jpg

Great shots Mick!!

Thanks, Danny, grendo.
    Haven't taken snaps in a week, getting itchy fingers again ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

This one is for you Mick. It's the only one that I was able to sneak in the door of "that group" over on Flickr ;).:

577716038_1c159a61ac.jpg

• Advertisement

Remember it well.
    Left that group now and set up another one...I have a low attention span ;)
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/fstopdublin/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement