Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice Broadband steadily becoming even more terrible

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jamesmf

Finally back today, Eircom arrived at the door yesterday with a promotion 10 months free line rental so i will be switching over.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭Xpro

I was with ice for nearly 3 years now, and lately their service is gone ****e. It was ok up untill christmas, and then it went down. They fixed it and it just hasnt been right ever since. Max speeds of 0.8mg, high latencys,etc. i rang them on numerous of occasions with no joy, just empty promises.
    im going back to eircom now:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

I see in the irish Independent today that the Revenue have applied to the high court to wind up Ice Broadband. The hearing is on 12th of April.
    Is this a sign of the times for providers who are unable to provide a decent service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Kent Brockman

ptdireland wrote: »
    I see in the irish Independent today that the Revenue have applied to the high court to wind up Ice Broadband. The hearing is on 12th of April.
    Is this a sign of the times for providers who are unable to provide a decent service.

Have you a link for that story? Cant find anything about it on-line.
    What does that mean for their customers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 ptdireland

It was listed in the legal notice section of the Irish Independent today.

There is also a listing on the Courts website regarding an earlier winding up order but I think they were just chancing their arm with the revenue.
    The case listed in the paper is scheduled for the 12/4/10

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,516 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Petition to Wind Up: Ice Communications Limited
    Petition to Wind Up: Ice Communications Limited
    24 March 2010

To be heard on: 12th April 2010
    Petitioner: Collector General
    Solicitor for the Petitioner: Frances Cooke
    Registered address: 50a Rosemount Business Park, Ballycoolin, Dublin 11
    Last accounts filed: 31/12/2007
    CRO number: 368905

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭kev22185

the collector general that wants it wound up. . . basically they
    havent been paying tax or filing accounts since 2007.

in 2007 when they were suppose to be doing good business they had a loss of 3.8m euro. the company is a shambles. the staff weren't told the place was going under until one of them read it on a website.

Good riddance.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭jaredGalen

They may have crap customer service but they are still the only provider that can come close to giving a broadband service in many rural areas.

I've had them for a few years now, if they go I'm going to be in the dark again for god knows how long.

This is not good news for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭ruthiepie

Is anyone elses ice out at the moment?? Just wondering is this one of they're normal things when the service goes down and you cant get through to the 'customer service' to ask or are they actually gone now??

Have arranged to get a new service provider in cos it doesnt look like they'll be around for much longer but typical ice, they take my money for this month and the service goes down 3 days later :mad::mad: And cant get the new provider for another couple of days

ruthiepie wrote: »
    Is anyone elses ice out at the moment?? Just wondering is this one of they're normal things when the service goes down and you cant get through to the 'customer service' to ask or are they actually gone now??

Have arranged to get a new service provider in cos it doesnt look like they'll be around for much longer but typical ice, they take my money for this month and the service goes down 3 days later :mad::mad: And cant get the new provider for another couple of days

Finally got through to someone in Ice, they're still there(for the moment!) and all of Limerick is down :mad:, they cant tell me when it'll be back up, got no text message to say it was down, couldnt tell me why I didnt get that either!! Oh how I cant wait to leave them, its got to be the worst customer service EVER!! I feel sorry for the people working there cos it seems they dont know much more than me

• Advertisement

I'm in Limerick too and they are out again.
    Didn't bother trying to ring.

ruthiepie, what provider are you getting? I'd like to move so have to start my research again. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

jaredGalen wrote: »
    They may have crap customer service but they are still the only provider that can come close to giving a broadband service in many rural areas.

I've had them for a few years now, if they go I'm going to be in the dark again for god knows how long.

This is not good news for me.

Yeah I am in the same boat... Not lucking forward to no broadband - bloody hell

jaredGalen wrote: »
    I'm in Limerick too and they are out again.
    Didn't bother trying to ring.

ruthiepie, what provider are you getting? I'd like to move so have to start my research again. :(

Hey where abouts would you be? Im in a rural part of limerick too and they can cover me so depending on which part of limerick your in they might cover you too??

If you want to PM I can give you the details?? They only seem to be covering a small area at the moment, but fingers crossed it might be the same part!! :D

They called to me Saturday night to get me to swap, they've rang me today to tell me they'll be installing me tomorrow and that installation is free, one of my neighbours has it and have said that one you ring his mobile he actually answers and will sort you our no matter what time is it, cant say that about ice!!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

ruthiepie wrote: »
    They called to me Saturday night to get me to swap, they've rang me today to tell me they'll be installing me tomorrow and that installation is free, one of my neighbours has it and have said that one you ring his mobile he actually answers and will sort you our no matter what time is it, cant say that about ice!!:rolleyes:

Should be interesting to see if there phone manner changes when they start getting inundated and over whelmed with ex-ice customers!

Should be interesting to see if there phone manner changes when they start getting inundated and over whelmed with ex-ice customers!

Well to be fair, i dont think they're customer service can be as bad as ice's :rolleyes:

Im do hope that the new crowd will be better cos my options for broadband are fairly limited where i am but even that cant convince me to stay with ice!!

PM sent ruthiepie, thanks. Would be nice if it worked out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

Well i heard this morning that they are shutting up shop... Fairly soon..

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭CCOLGAN

Well i heard this morning that they are shutting up shop... Fairly soon..

how soon is fairly soon? Can't see them hiring legal representation for this court case, so the end is near..

Hope someone will take over their sites!! But not betting on it.. I am already looking for alternatives!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 theawfultruth

"We have a lot of people unemployed, and we're paying for those people to be unemployed, essentially. One very simple stimulus would be to pay companies to take them on board. We'd get two things out of that. We would take people off the live register and we'd also be putting them back into employment which will help to stimulate the economy," he said.

Q. The author of these words?
    A. Mr. Fran Rooney

(Sunday Independent 22nd November 2009)

Well today the author of these words added the staff of Ice Broadband to the live register!

I feel sorry for the staff (who despite many comments on this forum) have done their best to keep the show on the road and the customers who have been knowingly treated in a shambolic way by those behind the company.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

http://www.limerickleader.ie/news/ICE-Broadband-trouble-could-leave.6195714.jpg

I find it incredible that they actually still have 1,000 customers in Limerick! Good riddance to bad rubbish. It is a crime that this shower of shameless cowboys got away with operating for so long. Comreg is toothless. It seems it's ok for Ice to fleece their customers, but Revenue steps in when they fleece the public purse. :mad: I never received the refunds I was entitled to, and now that they're winding up and there's a 12 month backlog in the small claims court, I never will.

Have to disagree with you previous poster on the customer service guys - one foreign lad was always very sympathetic and helpful as he could be, but the other guy didn't give a fcuk and was totally blatant about it, making a bad situation worse. :mad:

Any mention of Ice Broadband now raises my blood pressure! :rolleyes:

I am with Munster Broadband for the last few months and the service has been excellent - I could measure the difference between the two companies in light years!

• Advertisement

I see in the Irish Times that Ice is up for sale as a going concern.

Apparently there is a capacity for 40,000 customers. This must have been added cos it's April Fool's day looking at this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 theoneandonly19

If you look at the other forum Ice Broadband you will see as the ex employee has said there has been no water in their office for up to six months, staff had to deal with situations with no back up or guidance from senior management. They have done their best to fix issues for customers with the insuffecient tools they had being provided from recyled equipment to Site owners not being paid and the plugs to the Base station being pulled when why areas have being down for months on end. Payment for march was not paid the staff they were told on wednesday 31/03/10 that the company was gone into recivership and basically heres a letter for the social welfare and good luck.

If you look at the other forum Ice Broadband...

Maybe a mod might merge threads?

The Joe Duffy Show will be discussing ICE Broadband this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 bmcomp

My broadband has been down for the past few days. Finally got through to support this morning and they told me the company has gone into receivership. But that's all he could say, couldn't guarantee that my service will be resumed until he found out more information but until then he said all he could do is let me know when he knows.

So you may want to start looking at other options just in case.

Final nail in the coffin:

http://www.insolvencyjournal.ie/more...s_Limited.aspx

For those of you who missed Liveline on Monday, having spoken for an hour about tattered Irish flags rolleyes.gif , two customers from Ice were given airtime. The first lady repeatedly had more than €100 taken from her account on three or four separate occasions despite her monthly direct debit being €25 per month. As Joe pointed out this is tantamount to theft. The second caller was a guy who'd again been charged for two or three months despite having no service.

Looks like anyone owed money by Ice is not going to get a penny back. mad.gif

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Just seen this on the insolvency journal site. I am guessing that the supplier was the main supplier of the Alvarion equipment, and the sum that Ice owe them might explain more than a few things about the problems of getting things fixed hardware wise!

Judgment registered 25th March 2010 for €69,632.04, plaintiff – Ceragon Networks Ltd, Israel.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

Just seen this on the insolvency journal site. I am guessing that the supplier was the main supplier of the Alvarion equipment, and the sum that Ice owe them might explain more than a few things about the problems of getting things fixed hardware wise!

Judgment registered 25th March 2010 for €69,632.04, plaintiff – Ceragon Networks Ltd, Israel.

That should only be a small bill to them. Their monthly turn over would have to be several hundred thousand euros going by their customer base of several thousand at an average of €37.99 each.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 joey2thec

Any more news on this ? Is anyone considering taking over there customer base. I have tried O2 BB and Digiweb in the last few days and o2 is extremely slow, and Digiweb cant get connection. Theres a mast for ICE within viewing distance of me and I always got good speeds with no download limits, I just want that back :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭manufan16

joey2thec wrote: »
    Any more news on this ? Is anyone considering taking over there customer base. I have tried O2 BB and Digiweb in the last few days and o2 is extremely slow, and Digiweb cant get connection. Theres a mast for ICE within viewing distance of me and I always got good speeds with no download limits, I just want that back :(

Im disappointed to hear u got no signal with digiweb mobile. I have it ordered but they say it wont be delivered until this Friday Im not holding out much hope for getting xbox working on it if you cant even get a connection !

Iv also been searching the internet daily for options and cannot find anything about anyone taking over their customer base

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement