Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which jeans are your style?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Bootcut for me at the min.
    Skinny jeans on men.....there's just something wrong there, can't put my finger on it though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

My faves are my A-Wear short leg in dark denim High Waist flare. They are really flattering on my curves but are out of stock :(
    Also have A-Wear boot cut for work and A-Wear light blue wide flares for casual.

For going out I have black skinny jeans and white skinny jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Low-rise bootcut, black or dark denim. It's such a relief to see them back in the short. I spent a year unable to buy a pair of jeans that I liked. Skinny jeans are great if they suit you but they're not for everyone and it's such a headache when all the shops jump on a trend and stop selling anything else. I should probably stock up now while the going is good.

I have to say I love the jeans in the fake Diesel store off grafton st. They're good quality, the price is right and the staff are lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

July wrote: »
    Does anyone sell Susst jeans anymore? (not the baggy ones but the fitted flared ones). Hairy Legs used to be great for them but they're gone from Galway and another old thread here said that the Dublin branch was closing.

I know they're kind of a teeny-bopper brand but they're the only brand that fit me properly and I've tried jeans from everywhere from Dunnes to Brown Thomas. I could cry when I think of the pairs I threw away while travelling! The three identical pairs I have at the moment are getting a bit old!

Edit: Found this shop in Waterford :http://www.southeaststores.com/index/details0112.asp?business_ref_num=83
    Anywhere else?

What you should do is actually contact Susst, if they still exist, and ask them who their stockists are.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭andrewie

I prefer Marc Ecko baggy jeans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

What's with all of the jeans in BT coming in a standard length 34?:mad:

For us shorties, the shape at the bottom of the jeans is gonna be gone if there's 3 or 4 inches taken off them!

If I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money for a pair of jeans, I want them to look damn good! It's an extra cost too to have to shorten them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭missingyou

July wrote: »
    What's with all of the jeans in BT coming in a standard length 34?:mad:

For us shorties, the shape at the bottom of the jeans is gonna be gone if there's 3 or 4 inches taken off them!

If I'm paying a ridiculous amount of money for a pair of jeans, I want them to look damn good! It's an extra cost too to have to shorten them.

why not just shop petite??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

i wear skinny jeans, straight leg jeans and bootcut.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Eseram

Does anyone remember this brand?.I found a pair at home recently from years ago.The size on them just says 1.Anyone know what size that is ,like is it a 12 or something?.They are no way near a modern size 0!!!,if ya get me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭pretty*monster

Some clothes (Morgan is the only one I can thing of off hand) size their clothes 1, 2, 3, etc (or T1, T2, T3) I'm not really sure how they correspond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I tend to wear petite skinnyish jeans but with a big of a boot cut. I am too short for skinny jeans

Personally I think skinny jeans look grrrreat on petite girls. Thinking Rachel Bilson and Ashley Olsen.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

im a bloke, and i like skinny's!

Right now i have grey ones on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Unaton

Low-rise, boot cut, hip huggers, with a bit of flare. I could pull of the skinnies too but somehow they don't seem too appealing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

Boot cut ftw, I like them fitted around my arse and hips and wider from the knee down. I'm glad to see flares coming back into fashion, skinny jeans just don't work on me the bottom half of my legs are really skinny making my hips look huge :(

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I really like thin fabric jeans.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Boot cut or baggy, as for color I generally go for faded blue.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Its baggy jeans all the way for me and boot cut!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RubyXI

Boyfriend or kick-flare for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭stratospheres

My new favourite jeans?

Bright blue, low rise, skinnies!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Medium wash blue denim Cheap Monday skinnies, stonewash River Island slouch jean, dark denim skinnies, black skinnies, white skinnies, wide flare (all River Island... I work there).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭hippety-pippety

wat does ftw mean?

wearing skinnies atm bt they dont look that great on me cos i'm "curvy" i loved th skinny trend from the start bt now i'm pretty sick of it. my fav type is def straight leg, but that's really hard to find

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ftw means for the win. it's an internet acronym that basically means x is cool or along those lines.

like you would say "straight leg jeans ftw!" becuase you like them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Nightwish wrote: »
    I love flared jeans - tight as far as the knees and flared at the ankles. They have to have a sufficient flare to cover my shoes though! Nowhere sells them anymore, so I have to mind my few trusty pairs of Susst jeans (one of which is 10 years old).

Exactly! I hate too much of my shoe being seen (although I've had to get used to it recently). I managed to find a pair in Jane Norman, of all places, that are really fitted to the knee then flare out a good bit. They're really low rise though, so you have to wear long tops with them.

I miss Susst and Nope :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

Boot cut or boyfriend are fine. Skinny jeans would look awful on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 devineamydevine

Skinny jeans are a no no for me too - boyfriend or boot cut only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

faith and nightwish A wear fit and flare jeans are the way of the future they are tight where they should be and the cover a good amount of shoes and they are so comfy i live in mine are they are reasonable as well like 35e. i could never see myself investing in a pair of skinnies think they just look wrong on me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Cupcakes

i like tight & ripped "light wash" jeans (like light coloured) they have to be low rise. i wear skinny jeans alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 enchantedpixie

i like skinnies, boot cut and wide leg jeans ... !

Advertisement