Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which jeans are your style?

Options
  • 29-06-2007 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

What style of jeans are you wearing? I'm really into boyfriend jeans right now, especially the dark wash ones...mmmm, comfy. Plus I can get into them! :D Tried the skinny jeans thing but I had a frantic ten minutes in a dressing room hopping around trying to get them on/off. Anyway, what style of jeans is everyone wearing?

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

What's the fashion in D14 these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

What's the fashion in D14 these days?
    *sigh*
    DIFFERRENT THREAD, PEOPLE. Different thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i love bf jeans:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Mrs. MacGyver

Bootcut vintage look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Skinny jeans at the mo. Gotten into wearing mine with ankle boots. I'm far too *ahem* "curvy" to get away with them but they're comfy and I like the way they show off your shoes. Handy when it rains too because your trousers don't get soaked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

I tend to wear petite skinnyish jeans but with a big of a boot cut. I am too short for skinny jeans and too thinfor the boyfriend cut ones. I do have a pair mind you and they are SO comfortable but I look like a bit of a tool in them.

My fav fitting jeans in the whole wide world are River island jeans, I love it when you buy jeans and it is like they were made for you. It is rare but when it happens its great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Plain black demin jeans.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Have a pair of soft comfy stone washed to lay about in, plus a pair that are flaired with holes in knees, a thigh, and, well... you can guess where else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭*tOpLaSs

Umm.. I'm wearing skinnies I guess, with pumps or Vans..
    Although I got a cool pair of bootcuts in Oasis recently, they're pale denim and v. comfy..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Plain black demin jeans.

Likewise.

I never really liked blue jeans though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wth are boyfriend jeans?

favourite style for me would be low rise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I bought a pair of Hilfiger Woody jeans recently and I love them - they're boyfriend style and comfy.

I find tight jeans too uncomfortable to wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misssouthside

Cremo wrote:
    wth are boyfriend jeans?

favourite style for me would be low rise.
    Boyfriend jeans are baggy jeans. Basically, it should look as if you borrowed them from your b/f...even though you proably payed for them... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Skinny jeans ftw!

I tried on a pair of wide-legged high-waisted denim dungarees today - pure Brady Bunch! :eek: :eek: Not a good look!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Tchocky

Either flares or skintight

Apparently I've got the perfect legs for skinny jeans, but...no. just no

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

as long as they are boot cut I am happy. I hate jeans that are tight at the ankle and don't cover the opening of the shoe... if you know what I mean

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Been wearing flares for the last few years. I love em. But need something to show off my cowboy boots, so thinking of a change. Not sure if i can manage the Iggy Pop strut if i go for skinny jeans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I love flared jeans - tight as far as the knees and flared at the ankles. They have to have a sufficient flare to cover my shoes though! Nowhere sells them anymore, so I have to mind my few trusty pairs of Susst jeans (one of which is 10 years old).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Nightwish wrote:
    I love flared jeans - tight as far as the knees and flared at the ankles. They have to have a sufficient flare to cover my shoes though! Nowhere sells them anymore, so I have to mind my few trusty pairs of Susst jeans (one of which is 10 years old).

Exactly, try looking for flares if you're a guy and you just get strange looks from anyone you ask. Plus most of what's advertised as flares are really just a boot cut. Roll on 1976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i like boot cut.
    At the moment i am wearing my boyfreind jeans..love them. I have a pair of Tommy boyfriend ones too..but i have misplaced them, which is a complete balls...as they were the comfyest jeans i owned...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Plain, navy or black, straight leg (not skinny) jeans if wearing shoes. Moderate boot cut if wearing trainers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭catspring

wearing flares, as i have done since i was about 12. bloody hard to find these days indeed :/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Bootcut ftw, although I do have a some boyfriend jeans and a straight cut pair. Apparently, skinny jeans would be perfect for me but I feel weird in them. I do want to get high-wasited jeans though; they look cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

River Island jeans ftw! I have this one pair of jeans, they are the comfiest ones I own. Nice little flair at the end, to cover the openings of my shoes, though I have them ages, so they're pretty frayed at the ends. They're the jeans I want to wear all the time... Unfortunate, and I can't get any more :(
    I'd like to try skinny jeans, but I'm not too sure about them. I generally think I look ridiculous in them. What does one wear with them anyway? Flats definitely, but a tight top, or a smock like one?
    Boyfriend jeans, not for me. I'm thin, and they make me look fat. Baggies, not for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

Skinny jeans ftw :D
    It's gotten to the stage now that it feels weird to wear any other kind of jeans besides skinny jeans..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Nautica Big Baggy for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,753 ✭✭✭qz

Topman skinny jeans. Even the not-so-skinny-ones feel baggy. =/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Drainpipes/Skinny jeans

been wearing them for about 4 years and will for a long time to come I think, even when they go "out of fashion", so much comfier and they look really neat and don't get soaked in the rain and the ends are never frayed. Sometimes the arse will rip cos they're too tight but that is the beauty of them. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭July

Nightwish wrote: »

Does anyone sell Susst jeans anymore? (not the baggy ones but the fitted flared ones). Hairy Legs used to be great for them but they're gone from Galway and another old thread here said that the Dublin branch was closing.

I know they're kind of a teeny-bopper brand but they're the only brand that fit me properly and I've tried jeans from everywhere from Dunnes to Brown Thomas. I could cry when I think of the pairs I threw away while travelling! The three identical pairs I have at the moment are getting a bit old!

Edit: Found this shop in Waterford :http://www.southeaststores.com/index/details0112.asp?business_ref_num=83
    Anywhere else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Skinny jeans, skinny flare, bootcut, and (very old) flares.

Advertisement