Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Bought From ComputersComputers.ie?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Folex wrote:
    Hey Gabico,

Sorry to hear of your struggles with this guy; I get the feeling you might be in a worse situation than me. I've just mailed PayPal again there insisting on my money in return (it's now 30 days to the hour since they originally stipulated I'd receive my "reversed payment").

My searches dug up the same as you; i.e. his name is Andrew Lane and he runs both those sites. I've left several (increasingly nasty) voicemails on his system and written him emails as well, but to no avail. To be honest, I was beginning to think he was some kind of loner who died and no-one knew of his webstores or something ;) That was, at least, until you mentioned that you bought something from him only two months ago.

Man, I'd happily go with you down to Limerick to pay him a visit. I wonder if there's some way to legally look up the contact details for a sole trader. Something along the lines of the Data Protection Act or similar... I'm not really up on that sort of thing though; anyone have any ideas?
    Why didnt you just back charge your credit card through your bank?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

axer wrote:
    Why didnt you just back charge your credit card through your bank?

I tried that axer, but the bank told me that since it was PayPal I actually made the credit card transfer too, they couldn't retract the payment. I tried to argue it with the lady on the phone and, although she was sympathetic to my plight, she assured me there's nothing they could do about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 macattax

I found this on irishabroad.com

ComputersComputers.ie
    Andrew Lane
    Owner
    219 Woodhaven
    castletroy, Limerick, na
    Tel: 1890876688
    info@computerscomputers.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

Bank details

Account Holder:
    Account Number: 45566098
    Account Type: Current
    Bank: AIB
    Branch Name: Newcastle West, Co. Limerick
    Branch Code: 93-52-39

Internal Site pages still up and running
    http://www.computerscomputers.ie/catalog/contact_us.php?osCsid=d43ba0221723fd25edd123bd2d01eefb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

if you have the registered address of the company from the CRO then issue small claims proceedings against them. it costs about €10. I've done it in the last 12 months. it was for a pre existing problem on a car. cost me 200 to repair the guy refused to repair it or refund me I played nice then he stopped answering my calls. So i went to the small claims at Christmas. in July they had failed to respond to the courts so the Court issued a decree and the sheriff was sent in. a month later i got my money back and he has to pay the sheriffs expenses.

the court will send a registered letter once it's signed for then it was received if he fails to respond they will issue a decree, you just have to give them time, then you go in and sign an affidavit stating you haven't received payment and he did not contact you or offer to resolve the issue. they send that to the judge to be signed then they issue the decree to you, you pass this to the sheriff and pay €9.50 and he's screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Can the domain be reported to the IEDR for fraudulent activity perhaps?

Also, anyone feel like getting him to call around to your house? :D
    http://www.computron.ie/contactus.htm

he owns the above site too doesn';t he?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Folex wrote:
    Some more info on him. Not much help, but all the same...

Address:: 7 Howley Court, Steamboat Quay, Limerick, Limerick
    Email: info@computerrepairs.ie

From: http://www.whois.ie/cgi-bin/whois.cgi?whois=computerrepairs.ie&Search.x=0&Search.y=0

domain: computerrepairs.ie
    descr: Aclane Computer Services Limited
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: ABA592-IEDR
    tech-c: HH36-IEDR
    renewal: 09-November-2007
    nserver: ns1.hosting365.ie
    nserver: ns2.hosting365.ie
    source: IEDR

person: Andrew Lane
    nic-hdl: ABA592-IEDR

person: Hosting 365 Hostmaster
    nic-hdl: HH36-IEDR

For the record, I'm still doing battle with PayPal to get my money back. The more time that goes by, the more tempted I am to go down to either of those addresses...

That company (Aclane) doesn't show up on the CRO company search

Also on http://www.computron.ie/whyus.htm in one of the testimonials it mentions "Daniel" but no Andrew. Weird!

Never heard of him/them, down here in the depths of North Kerry!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nice to know Mr Lane is alive and well,

Sent him a nice "newbie" looking mail today
    Hi!
    I'm trying to order a MacbooK through your website but I keep getting an error "this page cannnot be dispalcyed" each time I'm trying to add it to the cart, can you fix this please??/

Thanks,

he replied

Hi,

We've been having some problems with our database server which will take some time so sort out. If you would like to still order we can do this over the phone.
    Just call 1890 87 66 88 and we'd be happy to help in any way.

Best regards,

Andrew Lane
    Director

www.CompuTron.ie
    LoCall 1890 87 66 88

So he's certainly alive and well and answering queries from customers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

How can he say that he's a director, when he doesn't appear to have a limited company? Isn't that fraud in itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭Gabico

I'm glad to see that this thread is still alive. Maybe together we can expose this scammer.
    mcaul > Yes that is the account where I lodged the money in.
    I'm definitely going to Limerick at the end of the month. I hope Ill find one of those addresses and meet the "director" in person..
    In the mean time I should probably try the small claims court. The thing is that I bought from him trough adverts.ie not his websites. But I can prove that I lodge the money into his account and had an agreement with him to send the laptop. Do you think I have a case?

• Advertisement

Can't see why not, as long as you have proof of money transfers etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Gabico wrote:
    The thing is that I bought from him trough adverts.ie not his websites. But I can prove that I lodge the money into his account and had an agreement with him to send the laptop. Do you think I have a case?

All depends on whether you bought of his company or off him. If you lodged in to his personal account, then it's a private transaction outside the protection of the consumer act, and the SCC is unlikely to be interested (but, by all means contact them and see). If you lodged in to the company account, you'll have a much stronger case.

He is also spamming the search sites eg. google by adding almost every place name in ireland to the bottom of his page (its not visible until you highlight the whole page because the font is in white).
    So for example if you search pc repair dundalk he will appear quite high up in the list or try any other town name and his site will come up.
    I cant see how this guy could serve the whole country with his services.
    I am pissed off mostly because I have a Computer repair business in my home town and now he is coming up as the first hit in google.
    Asshole!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Report the site to Google. Id imagine they wouldnt permit that.

Google probably wouldnt care tbh as I am sure they are too busy to care about such things.
    Unless you have heard of anyone being helped by google to sort this kind of prob out?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

macattax wrote:
    Google probably wouldnt care tbh as I am sure they are too busy to care about such things.
    Unless you have heard of anyone being helped by google to sort this kind of prob out?

I was reffering to search engine abuse.

The other issue can be solved by taking legal action. Not much point talking about it much further - just step in, and take the appropriate action..

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

macattax wrote:
    I found this on irishabroad.com

ComputersComputers.ie
    Andrew Lane
    Owner
    219 Woodhaven
    castletroy, Limerick, na
    Tel: 1890876688
    info@computerscomputers.ie

That is very probably student accommodation, you may be able to talk to (even warn) the students renting it to get a proper phone number for him. It may be a new avenue for investigation. Is he a registered landlord for example?

I was referring to search engine abuse as well.
    So what would be the procedure in reporting this abuse and is it a valid complaint that google would take interest in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

No more info then you already have but found this anyway

http://www.whatswhat.ie/business.php/Computer-Repairs/23637/

Advertisement