Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 950 ✭✭✭mickmackmcgoo

syklops wrote:
    I don't know why the advert annoys me so much, but it does.

The jist appears to be to go to Maxol after losing the county final by a point to a terrible refereeing decision and they will stroke your ego , patronise you and life will be much better when you walk out their door . It's a very annoying add .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The jist appears to be to go to Maxol after losing the county final by a point to a terrible refereeing decision and they will stroke your ego , patronise you and life will be much better when you walk out their door . It's a very annoying add .

I'm glad its not just me that the ad annoys then.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Iceland ads, its frozen ****e not gourmet 5 star

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Holy Christ - just seen a new advert for cadbury roses I think it is - got a hashtag as well #thankyouverymuch or something - hate it already anyway ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

The ALDI rugby ad. Just so annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Radio5 wrote: »

Marketing execs, stop putting kids in ads. Its not cute. Its annoying. On this page the three main votes for adverts we despise are:

Maxol: Kid plays "cracking GAA game"
    AIB: Precocious kid does more research on his new possible home than either his parents or the estate agent
    Aldi Rugby ad: Annoying kid rehearsing his motivational speech.

And dont get me started on the haribo ads with the adults lip syncing to the kids talking about the sweets. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The ad for Asda with the woman saying "That's better" every second.
    She sounds so thick and it's beyond annoying.

The Fiat Tipo ad with the tune to "That's Amore" is being played every fking ad break and I HATE IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The ad for McVities Chocolate Digestive Nibbles. Just a fancy name for broken biscuits. And on a similar theme, what's with this Micellar water. If I want to put water on my face, I'll stick my head under the tap, or out the window. Rant over.

The ad for quooker tap... Its getting monotonous now.... Plus I can't afford one which kinda rubs salt into the wound lol

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

The ad for quooker tap... Its getting monotonous now.... Plus I can't afford one which kinda rubs salt into the wound lol

My girlfriend pointed out that the woman in those ads has a really oddly stained, hoarse tinge in her voice that really gets into your head. Once she pointed it out it's all I could hear.

I'm out of the country now so dunno if it's the same ad you're talking about, but that one was never off the box.

• Advertisement

My girlfriend pointed out that the woman in those ads has a really oddly stained, hoarse tinge in her voice that really gets into your head. Once she pointed it out it's all I could hear.

I'm out of the country now so dunno if it's the same ad you're talking about, but that one was never off the box.

yes, very peculiar vocals - got to be UK English speaking woman but I couldnt geographically pinpoint where "its out with the tap, and in with the Quooker!" - last time I checked the prices were something like 650 UK Pounds for one, not cheap ... but snazzy

• Registered Users Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

They're double that price according to this

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭DaithiMa

That Subway ad. Boom! You ordered a poxy roll mate. Hardly a life altering experience. Steak and Chorizo me bollix.

They're double that price according to this

:eek: eek! - worse /more expensive than what I thought!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

madmaggie wrote: »
    The ad for McVities Chocolate Digestive Nibbles. Just a fancy name for broken biscuits. And on a similar theme, what's with this Micellar water. If I want to put water on my face, I'll stick my head under the tap, or out the window. Rant over.

Micellar water dissolves make-up. Water doesn't.

These high brow business HP adverts on TV3 - there was one just now in the AD break of the x-Factor ... i mean like anyone who watches x-factor has a brain .... haha does that mean I haven't got a brain? LOL .. so be it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Another contender. That Euromillions ad with the island. Just a lazy rehash of almost every lotto ad ever made in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

The chords at the end of RTE weather for Avonmore milk-before that it was the woman singing Oh Danone.....

SILVAMAN wrote: »
    The chords at the end of RTE weather for Avonmore milk-before that it was the woman singing Oh Danone.....

I like that jingle

La la la la lala lala la la lala lala la ......

Fall in love with toilet roll and never be distracted from toilet roll ever again. What??

• Advertisement

The Kinder Surprize advert .. she asks if she could ask A question and then proceeds to ask about 4 or 5 questions! ... talk about taking the p*ss !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

Radio5 wrote: »

Came here to post that. It induces a cringegasm for me.

And they lost that game too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Anything with Craig Doyle...or Conor Mullan's voice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

Te new Vodafone ad with all the lads with moustaches.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Mod warning.

Thread cleaned up

Less of the abusive name calling of kids.
    Less of the abusive ranting about ads. Just say why you dislike the ad without the all the emotion and abuse. The thread is called Adverts you despise, not Rudely Abuse ads you despise.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Any ad for detergent capsules featuring children, then warning to keep them away from children. Maybe they could try making them less attractive to children instead?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

I hate lotto ads so much, every one is worse than the one before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

My wife just said "Wat doing" in funny accent as I walked past her in the kitchen :rolleyes:

Well thats one advert thats made its mark :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭ollaetta

The Snickers one with the mime artists. The first Joan Collins one had novelty for a while, the Rowan Atkinson one less so but this one is just flogging a very a tired idea. Fail.

• Advertisement

my3cents wrote: »
    My wife just said "Wat doing" in funny accent as I walked past her in the kitchen :rolleyes:

Well thats one advert thats made its mark :mad:

The boxer dog who says "what doing?" - is so F***ing cute.

Don'y even remember what it advertised.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement