Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

the advert I despise is the new one for Samsung Galaxy S7 and he drops it in the sink full of water and answers it .... only because it looks like a cool phone and I wish i can afford one and every time I see the advert its like rubbing salt into my wounds and if it could talk it would say "haha, your broke and you will never ever be able to afford a phone like this - so dream on looser!" ....

He only puts it in the water in case it catches fire tbf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

Pressure King Pro uses "Healthy Steam Technology" and "Steam Infusion Technology"

There was a time when you could go to a party with your friends and no one would notice you were on your period but not nowadays, now you can jump up and down while deejaying in a tiny pair of shorts, you can even jump up and down and save penno's whilst you are in goal for the USA football team, but now we have the ultimate, you can be a f**king trapeze artist and do a handstand with your legs open as wide as is physically possible ( as demonstrated at the end of the advert) how many more of these cringe worthy adverts for sanitary towels must we endure? If any ad fits the despise category it is those, bodyform, always, tampax, weak bladder stuff things, dough vagina creams, gimme a break will ya.

Is the "just because I am a woman it doesn't mean..." bit that baffles me. There have been women dj's and footballers for years and why is being woman such a handicap. Makes me mad and I am a man.

As for all these "new improved", "best ever" product claims, look at the Finish dishwasher tablets, their basic product does two things like wash and sparkle, their quantam super pro plus lifts dirt, moves dirt, buffs, sheens, shines and other such bollox.

Rachel and Steve must have been too young for their target market, we now have Kian and Julie with their singing jacks. Ive only seen 1 ad, presumably there will be a series of them. We may be missing Steve and Rachel fairly soon!

http://www.independent.ie/business/media/adios-steve-and-rachel-35038365.html

Cian

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Cillitt Bang. Bring back Barry Scott, all is forgiven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The An Post ad for funeral insurance for over 50s. I'm over 50, well, barely, but Jaysus, give me a shovel and I'll start digging my own grave. Is 50 now officially geriatric?

The An Post ad for funeral insurance for over 50s. I'm over 50, well, barely, but Jaysus, give me a shovel and I'll start digging my own grave. Is 50 now officially geriatric?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

Any advert for yogurts. When they are mostly full of sugar and they promote them as being especially healthy for you, and as if drinking them they will transform you health life forever. With added special 'bacteria' for you gutt.

Similarly , adds for crisps, that show skinny models munching till they can't stop. When have you ever seen obese people in these adds?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

madmaggie wrote: »

im over 50 ... I aint got no money to bury me - let them give me a Paupers funeral if they like... I have been to one of these Pauper funerals before , I tell you they are not bad at all - or just bury me in the back garden or put me in a wheelie bin if u like ... i wont mind i will be dead innit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭learn_more

im over 50 ... I aint got no money to bury me - let them give me a Paupers funeral if they like... I have been to one of these Pauper funerals before , I tell you they are not bad at all - or just bury me in the back garden or put me in a wheelie bin if u like ... i wont mind i will be dead innit!

Does anything matter once your (one) is dead. I don't think so.

• Advertisement

Where - aaaarrrr has all the mud gone?

Thought it was funny first time. Not the subsequent 20,000 times.

Also, on talking dogs - "Let's check our credit on clearscore!" Ad is both the most irritating and funniest simultaneously. "What doing?" I can't handle the conflict!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

madmaggie wrote: »
    The An Post ad for funeral insurance for over 50s. I'm over 50, well, barely, but Jaysus, give me a shovel and I'll start digging my own grave.
    You get 10% off the premium if you dig your own. I'm making my coffin from old pallets.
    Radio5 wrote: »
    Cillitt Bang. Bring back Barry Scott, all is forgiven.
    Do a search on youtube for "cillit gang" for a NSFW spoof

Any foreign advert that has been badly dubbed for the Irish market. Pee's me off that their mouth moves in one direction whilst they are talking.

Says a lot for the product that they cannot specifically make an irish advert using Irish actors for the irish market and that they have to get a UK advert and put an irish voice over on it or get a european advert and dub it with an Irish voice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Firewalkwithme

Any ad that refers to children as 'your little ones'.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,830 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Any ad that refers to children as 'your little ones'.

And mothers as "mums". Obnoxious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,948 ✭✭✭Radio5

Ads for headache tablets with the main person, usually a chef or really busy man saying he 'doesn't have time for a headache'.......................

Radio5 wrote: »
    Ads for headache tablets with the main person, usually a chef or really busy man saying he 'doesn't have time for a headache'.......................

how they have 'time' to take tablets then?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,582 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I just saw an ad for an air freshner called Airwick Pure.

It's a spray, you spray an chemical aerosol in the air in the room you are in. Y'know, into the air that you are actually breathing into your lungs.

You know what makes it Airwick "Pure"?

No added water! So it doesn't make your hair frizzy!!

Did anyone notice that the ad for baby water wipes used to say "Skin five times more delicate than ours" now says "Skin more delicate than ours"? How does anyone quantify skin delicacy?

I have Epidermolysis Bullosa. So that ad did p1ss me off!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I just saw an ad for an air freshner called Airwick Pure.

It's a spray, you spray an chemical aerosol in the air in the room you are in. Y'know, into the air that you are actually breathing into your lungs.

You know what makes it Airwick "Pure"?

No added water! So it doesn't make your hair frizzy!!

When I see those ads with yer wan spraying this sh!t everywhere, I just want to shout "OPEN A FCUKING WINDOW!!!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Steve Winwood's music being used in some way in a baby milk advert. It just feels wrong... :o:o

Haha brilliant, no i didnt know about that ad or never seen it/heard it before - class though all in all... :D

I had a Lump! - ... In my Breast! ....

good woman yerself!!! -

I shouldnt despise it because the poor woman had breast cancer , but she is so kind of blasé about it and comes across as "I only had breast cancer - get over it - its nothing!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,844 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Hey, you know what's worse than calling your app "Shpock" of all things? Shoving the name down viewers' throats until they choke with an inane backing track which goes, "Shpock-shpock-shpock-shpockshpockshpock!" Please, fuck off and go bankrupt.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pablo7285

The one with the American woman soccer goalie is absolutely cringeworthy. First line reeks of persecution complex.

Total and utter b***ocksology

She's Canadian. Stephanie Labbe. She played in the Olympics

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pablo7285

There is an ad for Bet 365 on BT Sport during the football and the guy says things like:

"Cash out and collect your profit" and "we're giving an extra 10% on your profit"

This is an insidious piece of marketing trying to re-position winning a bet as a "smart business practice" and paint gambling as an investment.

What next? Quench your thirst with a cool glass of Smirnoff?

New bank of Ireland ad with the woman with the singing towel on her head. Yes, I really did see that, can't blame the nurofen.

never mind about wrecking them, i bet all those telephone boxes always smelt of stale smoke and pee just like the UK ones ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The Maxol Ad. I dont know why but it really annoys me.

Guy goes into Maxol with his 7 year old daughter in her GAA strip, and someone asks how was the game, and the Dad goes, "They lost, but Anna did well". And then Chinese whispers starts across the shop and by the time the Dad and the girl are at the Deli counter the token Polish worker is congratulating her on her great game. By the time they get to the counter, some northern one is acting like she scored the winning goal at Wembley, but in a really patronising voice.

I don't know why the advert annoys me so much, but it does.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement