Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

I dont remember what the add is for exactly, but it features a Spanish man singing and making a bunch of head wrecking whimpering noises at an orange in a blender and then the orange just explodes....

*sigh*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

This. It's so shamefully conspicuous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

I dont remember what the add is for exactly, but it features a Spanish man singing and making a bunch of head wrecking whimpering noises at an orange in a blender and then the orange just explodes....

*sigh*

It's for Club Orange, their ads are always annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

HazDanz wrote: »
    This. It's so shamefully conspicuous.

XBox on .... bitch!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

uggybear wrote: »
    It's for Club Orange, their ads are always annoying

Yes thats the one. God I hate it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

that fúcking West Coast Cooler "Girls Shine On" ad.

I've seen it at least 50 times now and I still don't understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

SlickRic wrote: »
    that fúcking West Coast Cooler "Girls Shine On" ad.

I've seen it at least 50 times now and I still don't understand it.

It certainly is proving "popular" on this thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Given Worst Coast Cooler's atrocious ad, I'm glad I'm not in Ireland right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Any ad with Nicole Scherzinger - yogurt and shampoo are the two I can think of. Someone please tell her she can't act.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,853 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

There's an ad for Gaviscon where it says there are two twins, John and James (let's say, I dunno exactly), John gets heartburn, James gets indigestion. Sometimes it's the other way round.

So WHAT was the ****ing POINT of mentioning that there are twins? Obviously the twins aren't real, so why not just say "John sometimes gets heartburn or indigestion". ****ing spanners.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Marje wrote: »
    Any ad with Nicole Scherzinger - yogurt and shampoo are the two I can think of. Someone please tell her she can't act.

Her delivery of "I call it.....Müller-licious" makes me want to punch my tv everytime I hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

That feckin AIG ad where some tea-drinking, housecoat-wearing tosser throws jerseys at various Dublin GAA mugs as his oddball friend with the over-emphasized double chin watches on in horror. Ugh! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Marje wrote: »

Exactly can't think of anyone trying to make a satisfied moaning voice yelling "YES! YES!" When it hits the "spot" when eating yogurt or washing their bloody hair! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,902 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh My God, we have a new king of the Adverts You Despise thread I think, Sky Sports new one, every single adbreak, some stupid hipster b1tch singing about going down to the park with me with a ukelele and a guy on a scooter takes his Euro back... It is fooking repulsive.

Bit of a glut of torture ads at the minute:

West Coast Cooler Not in Kansas
    Stupid Katie Taylor challenging footwear insurance ad
    McDonalds shaves his chest
    Guy talking with his mouth full about getting another quote

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

I've got to hand it to UPC, they can manage produce some of the worst ads on tv. They've a new ad now for their Sky Sports for €1 per month promotion, featuring some busker and a guy on a scooter. I've only seen it a few times and it's already doing my head in.

Bring back that woman and her friend Jane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,322 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

ugh i know. seriously going back to take the euro out of your wans basket he just put in, for feck sake it's only a euro, surely your not that broke :mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

God I fcuking hate Lucy Kennedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

That frightful smug woman going on about being fibre powered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Oh great Rawwwwwwz is back on the VHI ad to tell us about 'being in her own baaaaaad'. Aaaaargh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭rustyf81

Can I add a radio add? The airtricity add with the voice of the lead actress in Raw. It drives me battttttttyyy!! Change the station every time it comes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭mmg0305

McDonnell's curry sauce, with that muppet running around the countryside! Chips. Veeeegetables. Never tried the sauce, but it looks vile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

The Irish have no clue when it comes to curry sauce. Curry needs to be left to the professionals.

Indian amateurs are pretty good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

I wonder do these advertising agencies realise that their terrible ads are actually putting people off buying their stuff & judging by the sheer amount of posts in this thread I don't think i'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The only advert that's actually made me stop getting the product was the Sheddies ad where the squares are "knitted by nanas" and the box had this mouldy auld bag grinning out at you while handling the Shreddies I was eating. It was a few year since those ads started that I ate Shreddies again. Seriously put me off them. Even if it's not literal I like the idea of my food pawed by some smelly old betch with her "oo-er, eat up dearieeee". Blegh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Fuc#ing horrible, cheap american online ads like 'lose a little bit of belly fat every day with this weird old trick'. accompanied by sh1tty animations drawn by a six year old.
    The disgusting one with a picture of some old bag pulling the skin off her face like Tom Cruise in mission impossible springs to mind too.
    It's really depressing to think that they couldn't afford to be putting them all over the net unless lots of stupid people were actually falling for them.
    Not forgetting ads that vibrate to get your attention so annoying :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

Fuc#ing horrible, cheap american online ads like 'lose a little bit of belly fat every day with this weird old trick'. accompanied by sh1tty animations drawn by a six year old.
    The disgusting one with a picture of some old bag pulling the skin off her face like Tom Cruise in mission impossible springs to mind too.
    It's really depressing to think that they couldn't afford to be putting them all over the net unless lots of stupid people were actually falling for them.
    Not forgetting ads that vibrate to get your attention so annoying :mad:

It's probably been said a million times before but Adblock will make the web 100 times more bearable.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

rustyf81 wrote: »
    Can I add a radio add? The airtricity add with the voice of the lead actress in Raw. It drives me battttttttyyy!! Change the station every time it comes on.

The tone deaf "La La La" Arnotts radio ad is the one that drives me mental.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Thargor wrote: »
    Oh My God, we have a new king of the Adverts You Despise thread I think, Sky Sports new one, every single adbreak, some stupid hipster b1tch singing about going down to the park with me with a ukelele and a guy on a scooter takes his Euro back... It is fooking repulsive.

Bit of a glut of torture ads at the minute:

West Coast Cooler Not in Kansas
    Stupid Katie Taylor challenging footwear insurance ad
    McDonalds shaves his chest
    Guy talking with his mouth full about getting another quote

I agree with all you have said there, Thargor, in fact I sound like yer wan Nicole Shirtswinger, yes, yes yes , yes oh yes!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement