Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,123 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

"Okay Google how many grams are in (whatever the measurement is)....."

"Okay Google show me a picture of a ladybird cake"

"Okay Google. Get me nearest cake shop"

Okay wankb*g. Feck off my screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Meangadh

Denise Van friggin Outen and her stupid yogurt.

"Oiiiive faaaaahnd sahmwan ehhhwwwlse"

...yeah yeah you're from Essex, we get it. No need to ham up the accent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

LiamKK1982 wrote: »
    I also hate the UPC preying mantis lookalike telling us her decrepid friend Jane has been fibre powered. Let's hope the fibre is connected to the mains and other end to her snizz. what a C**T advert

I'm literally laughing out loud- snizz in vagina yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭debabyjesus

It's 4 women car insurance :mad::mad:

Sexist ****e but its ok cos its for de wimmins.

'Wheder yer goin to bleedin mayo or bleedin rio'. Stick to the boxing katie, jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

3 in terms of Phones and Hyundai in terms of cars - both of saturation advertising. Both entities seem to proclaim through their adverts that their product is the perfect piece of cool state of the art kit. As somebody who does not use 3 I wait with Baited breath to see the magical benefits promised by using 3 4G. Hyundai, it’s time for your satisfied customers to take up the cause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

The ad for "Bubble Witch 2" is just cringeworthy. Mobile games are pretty much the gaming equivalent of drug pushers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

The McDonalds 'Serious Man Food' ad. Cant f***ing stand it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Meangadh wrote: »
    Denise Van friggin Outen and her stupid yogurt.

"Oiiiive faaaaahnd sahmwan ehhhwwwlse"

...yeah yeah you're from Essex, we get it. No need to ham up the accent.

Hate hate hate that ad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

haro124 wrote: »

Especially the way yer man says "LADS do ya get dis? BARRY, SHAVES, HIS CHEST!" As if it's a matter-of-fact :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Kinder ad "approved by Mums". Where, when and who? More marketing BS. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Shaun Plays Games

The 'Serious man food' ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,254 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

haro124 wrote: »
    uggybear wrote: »
    Especially the way yer man says "LADS do ya get dis? BARRY, SHAVES, HIS CHEST!" As if it's a matter-of-fact :mad:

No waaay?

Also, fcuk the fcuk off Trivago! How many ads do they have per ad break?

And that breathy fcuking Irish voiceover! Have they just added the "Can you show me how?" line. Patronising as hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

The Clearblue pregnancy test one.

"I'm pregnant."
    "Have you been to the doctor?"
    "Not yet."
    "Omg, I think I'm gonna cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy."

:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,415 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

It's probably been already mentioned but that Aldi ad with those smug tossers sitting on the couch bladdering on about how great the Aldi food is.

As for that insurance ad for women, "we know we drive better than guys, sometimes in pretty challenging footwear", spoken in a posh D4 accent and Katie Taylor nodding her head like she has drank 15 shots of Jagermeister.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

The thing I hate so much about that Trivago add is that its catchy!

I absolutely hate the song but I cant get it out of my head. I even hummed it once :(

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

Cravendale milk.

Seen it for the first time just there and my God.

Annoying, creepy and crappy all in one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

That bloody winning streak ad.

Actually Brian I got 3 stars on a scratch card

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Aldi ad.
    comparison of Frosties to their Frosted flakes (I like this one)

With a bold brat of a child with the biggest Dublin accent you've heard. Followed by mummy with the poshest accent you've ever heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭LiamKK1982

amdublin wrote: »
    Aldi ad.
    comparison of Frosties to their Frosted flakes (I like this one)

With a bold brat of a child with the biggest Dublin accent you've heard. Followed by mummy with the poshest accent you've ever heard.

I honestly can't understand a single word that child says. Really.:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I can't understand the first two lines - about the product.

I can understand "I don't want to go to school" and "maaaaaaaaaaaaam it's 102"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭marketty

BMW's latest ad campaign is nauseating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

The last three or four times I've been to the cinema the its4women advert has been on.
    I no longer despise it, because seeing those silly women on the big screen, capped off with Katie Taylor staring into your soul with the weird head tilt and slurred speech like she's just been smacked in the face with a wok prior to filming, and seeing and hearing not one person in the audience, male or female, able to go with a straight face or without laughing or commenting, makes it enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Jikashi

Not an advert I despise, moreso one I can't help but comment on. The new Red Bull advert, which has the same animation but without any reference to wings this time. Instead the ad goes as follows.

Two lads outside a church, one swigs his Red Bull and heads into confession, telling the priest he's slept with a girl. The priest then tries to get the gossip as to who, taking three guesses at the likes of Emer from down the shops and the new student teacher or whatever. After taking three guesses with no answer, the priest sends him on his way. The lad comes out of the church and tells his buddy he now has two new leads...Red Bull.

What the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

marketty wrote: »
    BMW's latest ad campaign is nauseating

I think it's funny though.

Look, we know there was an almighty downturn, that promotion you wanted is still not happening and as for pay rises and bonuses? Forget them. Still, get your new instalment plan BMW and you can pretend it's the early-noughties once more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭allybhoy

The advert for Estrella beer, where they sing probably the most annoying song ever created, they just keep singing Fantastica over and over again, and everyone is so smug looking, its absolute posion

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭mdolly123

All of them as a rule, thats whats so handy about Skybox just fastforward thru the lot.

I've subjected myself to it in the name of translation

- I like dis cereal-befuh skoo-wel. I like dis cereal-befuh skoo-wel.

And then something to the effect of.
    - But today I don wuntta go skoo-wel. I wunt ta watch telleeeee.

-Maaaaaaaaaaam it's a hundra and towehhh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

mdolly123 wrote: »
    All of them as a rule, thats whats so handy about Skybox just fastforward thru the lot.

Guinness ads are the exception to that rule.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

allybhoy wrote: »
    The advert for Estrella beer, where they sing probably the most annoying song ever created, they just keep singing Fantastica over and over again, and everyone is so smug looking, its absolute posion

My curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up,someone got paid for coming up with this ****e?I'd have given them a kick up the behind and their P45.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

darkdubh wrote: »
    My curiosity got the better of me and I looked it up,someone got paid for coming up with this ****e?I'd have given them a kick up the behind and their P45.

My curiousity then got the better of me.. :)

The song is by 'Love of Lesbian' and is called 'Fantastic Shine'.
    I wouldn't be a fan, but the song is not like the advert. That's only a (longish) bit at the end.

I thought the bit at 2:05 was funny, when the girl/woman is smiling and turns to the camera and starts pouting/kissing.. :D

Thankfully haven't seen the ad yet though. That would do my head in over and over again..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement