Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argies v Ireland (2nd Test Sat 8pm)

Options
  • 31-05-2007 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Argentina: F Serra, T De Vedia, H Senillosa, M Contepomi, F Leonelli, F Todeschini, N Fernandez Miranda, J Fernandez Lobbe, J Manuel Leguizamon, Martin Durand (capt), R Alvarez Kairelis, E Lozada, S Gonzalez, P Gambarini, M Ayerza.
    Replacements: E Guinazu, P Henn, P Bouza, M Schusterman, N Vergallo, J Fernandez Miranda, H Agulla.

Ireland: G Murphy; B Carney, B Murphy, G Duffy, R Kearney; J Staunton, E Reddan; B Young, F Sheahan. S Best, capt, L Cullen, M O'Driscoll, A Quinlan, S Jennings, S Ferris.
    Replacements: B Jackman, T Buckley, M O'Kelly, N Best, I Boss, K Lewis, L Fitzgerald.

Lets hope for some Kearnage / Carnage (punmeister).

Duffy's not the answer at 12, as much Baz Murphy is the answer at 13.

Whatcha think ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Looking forward to seeing how Reddan and Leo get on. Think this back 3 could be very good. Plenty of pace and vision there. Be worried about defensive capabilities up the middle though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

has Carney scored a try in every game he's played since coming to Munster?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Good back row. Good to see Jennings and Reddan start. I'm looking forward to this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

im pretty sure gavin duffy has experience playing at 12 from schooldays in roscrea and has played at that position when he captained irish schools on australia tour in 2000. i think he will give a good account of himself and hopefully shane jennings will do the same. little bit of trivia, jennings duffy and john lyne on A side all played on that schools team that beat australia as did denis leamy

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Carney scored a few lovely tries from Crossfield kicks, he looks a quality player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

I just realised from reading a profile of Robert Kearney that I played with his father before RK was born.

Damn .. I'm middle-aged :(

Eddie Spices things up
    Ireland coach Eddie O'Sullivan has expressed his disappointment in the preparations for his side's second Test against Argentina at the Jose Amalfitani stadium.

Due to mayoral elections in Buenos Aires on Sunday, football matches in the city were moved to be played on Friday, Saturday and Monday.

One of the matches played on yesterday involved Velez Sarsfield, whose use the Jose Amalfitani ground, meaning O'Sullivan's side - and their backroom staff - were unable to familiarise themselves with the facilities.

"I'm happy with the players yes, but with the preparations, no," said O'Sullivan.

"It is not just that we run around the pitch but our medical people need to check the facilities, our media person checks where players will be taken for interviews and our kickers get their lines for the post and the players have a run out.

"They must have known about the football match before now. At this level it is unheard of.

"I don't even know what the dressing room is like."

"It contravenes IRB [International Rugby Board] regulations if you want to be picky about it but it really disadvantages our kickers. If we had been alerted to this earlier, we could have gone in during the week and done what we needed there."

The Ireland coach, referring to media coverage of the first Test, said: "They (journalists) are reporting that there were 70 incidents of foul play that the referee missed. That is asinine in my view. We were all at the game, we saw what happened.

"We are not their favourite country to host it seems."

"We all try and use our home advantage but we do it within the regulations. There is nothing wrong with getting the support fired up but some of this stuff is off the wall."

O'Sullivan then went on to call for his side to show a greater level of professionalism after coming away 22-20 losers in the first Test.

"The discipline last week was more about technicalities than foul play, as we had two incidents - Bryan Young was penalised and Neil Best was yellow carded," said O'Sullivan.

"The penalties I was really unhappy with was the silly stuff, coming offside at rucks and pulling down the jumper. There was twelve of those in the game and we only lost by two points."

• Advertisement

All the more reason to sow it into the fckers later on.

I was hugely impressed at the aggression shown last week, and hopefully we're in for more of the same.

...and if you see me walking, i wanna hear about it ;)

Starts in 15-20mins :)

Rte2 once the Gaa is over.

actually, hold up.

Game kicks off at 8.10pm, this Gaa game has at least another 12 minutes to run, and it's now 5 past 8.

Guess we'll be missing the first few minutes.

Cnuts

Why not enjoy the Argie number 8 Leguizamon's showboating from earlier in the season - http://youtube.com/watch?v=4tA3MBgBaA0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭BigTommyBomb

Great, missing the start because of the poxy bogball. Can they not keep tv levels of timekeeping?

I guess this is deferred, so we're not really missing anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭pred racer

can someone keep me updated please, (im in work and that rte feed is unwatchable)

6-0 at half time.

Muprhy is a liability, Staunton missed one in front of the posts, and we're all over the place.

Eoin Reddan is playing quite well, but the general play is messy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Irelands 3rd combination ( as opposed to 3rd team )
    Backs look good at breaking when they have a chance and our scrum is doing very well, c'mon 12-14 collapsed scrums on the Argie line and no penno try, bit harsh ref!:mad:

Murphy I blame for the crash with RK under that high ball. RK was clearly tracking it in the wind as it went touch bound and back in field, Murphy comes from a mile away to bump into the back of him!

RK ducked under one previously and that worked, amybe Murphy as the senior guy is trying to bully him?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

pred racer wrote:
    can someone keep me updated please, (im in work and that rte feed is unwatchable)

http://www.irishrugby.ie/tools/matchdaylive.php?fixid=36231&referer=www.irfu.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

seems like its O'Gara or bust come WC time. These players are showing a lot of potential, but no end product. This is usually as a result of too many handling errors esp from forwards in the line. Quinlan is looking good though

What is wrong with those Argentinians. They are lobbing their seat covers onto the pitch. No wonder nobody wants them in their competitions.

Duffy, Murphy, Carney, Kearny, Young, Redden, Quinlan, Ferris will cause further head ache selections.

Murphy B and Stauton are 2 that can start their holidays 100%.

( another Rylism "Ireland have a mountaon to climb.......Its only 6 points )
    Immediately at the HT whistle. I risk a ban for this one ;)

The cocommentators never correct him either as ( apparently ) hes director of sport and to make him look stupid may mean no call backs:rolleyes: ?

What is wrong with those Argentinians. They are lobbing their seat covers onto the pitch. No wonder nobody wants them in their competitions.

Is that what tyey are crazy?!

Yup OGara or bust....will he make it past the group stage ( physically ) when he has that late game V argentina....:( !

What has this tour shown ?

Apart from being fcuked if any of our top players get injured, we're in trouble.

I thought we played better than Argentina in the first game. Again today we were playing most of the rugby and it was just missed kicks and handling that lost the game.

Argentina looked toothless in attack and I'd say we will take them apart in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭Marshy

Carney, Kearny, will cause further head ache selections.
    I thought they both had a nightmare tonight :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Jesus, it was like watching a bad A match....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

That was poo, gave up watching after the first half, luckily i had taped the Safa game against England :D, habana is a machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,581 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

Although all the backline were poor, Barry Murphy was shocking ...
    The 2 props did well , and the big prop that came on , and quinlan ...
    Jennings blew his chance of a world Cup place....

Finally , please Dave Hmphrys, come out of retirement for the few weeks of the World cup.

Advertisement