Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amiga Emulator ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 KeredDrachir

Thanks. It's a bit late but I'll try and download it. I must admit the version I'm using is one a friend installed for me about 15 years ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

Are there any standout Amiga titles that weren't out for PC or were emulated adequately on the consoles? I can't think of a single one atm

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

A lot of the time the Amiga version was better then the pc version! Took a while for the pc to get going ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

Ah the good old amiga i still play my A1200/CD32 to this day,anyways as for hardrive installations you would only need them for workbench stuff or if few any amiga hardrive installable games *piracy was rifte on the amiga so they didnt bother with hardrive installation most times*,my own fave amiga games-

Lotus challenge
    Supercars
    Cannon fodder*way better than the snes/md ports
    Desert strike*another one thats better than console ports
    Banshee *an defo overlooked 2D shooter,but cd32 version gets good price on ebay

Sensible soccer
    Body blows
    Chaos engine
    Super stardust

Some of the Amiga games I play I can play on the PC. Lotus Turbo Challange II I can't get for the PC. Only version I which isn't as good. Populous I doesn't have the sound and doesn't let you skip the levels you've already done in Conquest mode on the version I've got. Prehistroik I downloaded yesterday for the PC but it's not neraly the same with out the background sound.
    If anyone know how to get these for the PC but the way they were on the Amiga, that would be fine.
    I also have a Spectrum Emulator but that doesn't work unless your using 256 colours and most computers today don't got below 16 bit.

• Advertisement

Some of the Amiga games I play I can play on the PC. Lotus Turbo Challange II I can't get for the PC. Only version I which isn't as good. Populous I doesn't have the sound and doesn't let you skip the levels you've already done in Conquest mode on the version I've got. Prehistroik I downloaded yesterday for the PC but it's not neraly the same with out the background sound.
    If anyone know how to get these for the PC but the way they were on the Amiga, that would be fine.
    I also have a Spectrum Emulator but that doesn't work unless your using 256 colours and most computers today don't got below 16 bit.

i assume if you have an pc with a soundblaster card they would take use of it,an excellent spectrum emulator i use is zxspin,it works on my desktop color of 32bit,has fastloading option aswell for the cassette games...

Do you know what the extension to the files is, I've got about 3,000 on my disk so I'd like to be able to use those games. I find when downloading games for an emulator that the availability is very limited.

the extensions are tzx for disk and tap for tape files doubt the real games would work unless you have emulator that reads from the spectrum through soundcard?,anyways world of spectrum website has games for legal download,click on archive and go to games,some games are not available due to licenceing reasons but can be found through a quick google search

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,967 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

What spectrum emulator are you using? Take a look at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/
    I'm proudly sporting the Lotus II intro music as my phone ring tone. It's always funny when it goes off on the dart as one person takes there face out of there book and gives a nod of approval ;)

Advertisement