Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APAT this weekend - Who is playing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I went out bout 44th... apparently AJ is no good against JJ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Ste05

LOL donkaments... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 628 ✭✭✭jacQues

I'm through to day 2 (last 20 players). :)
    I'm a bit short, but there. Anything can happen. :cool:
    Doc Farrel is through too. No other boardie I know off / talked to.

Quite a neat place that Fitz btw; I'm impressed!

jacQues
    (hamster power)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

gone in 31st when my short stacked utg push with 4-5o got cracked by some guys K-K.

i was surprised how quickly it turned into a crapshoot and the standard was shocking. also did that clapping whenever someone got knocked out annoy the fcuk outta anyone else or was it just me.

great fun apart from all that though :)

jacQues wrote:
    Doc Farrel is through too. No other boardie I know off / talked to.
    *cough cough* I'm still in....

102,500 chips

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Just saw some pictures of me on APAT and I look dreamy.
    playing out of my skin, I think its fair to say that I'm the favorite.
    John, Sean from Termon, Solksjaer, and Ronan a regular from the Fitz all still in. pity Solksjaer is banned as he would have quite a lot to say about the quality (and perhaps lack thereof) of my play!

doubled up in last hand when a guy minraises into my big blind with ace queen clubs . i have four seven (not suited)
    flop is queen four seven with 2 clubs. I check, he bets, I go over the top and he calls. whos ahead?
    i think i am with 2 pair, about 8-10%. gonna check right now.

anyhow, feeling pretty confident about tomorrow as the money isn't that much except for first prize so I'm not remotely nervous.
    its amazing what pain killers for a trapped nerve can do for your game! :D

edit:
    turns out i was .1% behind on the flop. whataknow. crazy calculators, i still think i was 10% ahead!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,156 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

mdwexford wrote:
    i was surprised how quickly it turned into a crapshoot and the standard was shocking. also did that clapping whenever someone got knocked out annoy the fcuk outta anyone else or was it just me.

Oh God yes.

Ste05 wrote:

102,500 chips

Well done Ste - what blinds at tomorrow??

• Subscribers Posts: 32,849 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well done Ste, you are one aggressive mofo!!!

Lloyd, I think the next blinds are 3k/6k. It did turn quite crapshooty very early, not helped by skipping the 150/300 level and the 500/1000 level. An average stack now of less than 13 BB's doesn't bode well for 'play' tomorrow.

That clapping thing is totally retarded.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Go on Doc Farrell take it down, i want to hear you smack talking Devilfish in Deauville!.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Good luck to Ste, Doc,Jacques and Willie. Hope one of you take it down

Ste05 wrote:
    Sorry man, but I never know; congenital prosopagnosia... Bottom line: talk to me! :) Same to the others. Say hello and who you are because I cannot recognise you.

mdwexford: I was at the table (#7 seat 4) when your 45o walked into KK. I understand why you did it (shortish and UTG), but was still surprised as you seemed to play solid.

5starpool: 150/300 was not skipped. 500/1,000 was skipped indeed, but I don't see a big issue there. The levels are timely enough IMO.

luckylloyd: 6 minutes of 2k/4k left, then 3k/6k. At that time there will be 250 BBs total, so indeed on average about 13 BBs per player. I expect it to be finished way before the estimated 9pm.

rounders: Sorry mate, but Doc and I already have an agreement. He's taking 7th place and I win it. :D

I also agree on the clapping thing. Its to be expected for the first player to be knocked out and for final table players. But all the others too?!?!?

jacQues

5starpool wrote:
    Well done Ste, you are one aggressive mofo!!!

Lloyd, I think the next blinds are 3k/6k. It did turn quite crapshooty very early, not helped by skipping the 150/300 level and the 500/1000 level. An average stack now of less than 13 BB's doesn't bode well for 'play' tomorrow.

That clapping thing is totally retarded.

Wrong Dom!

edit:
    just reread this and got my sums all wrong.
    jesus Dom, ur right!

two others at my table have over 100 grand too.

admitedly the clapping thing was unusual but its the spirit of the show that i really admired. maybe if they limited it to the table where the fellow busted from.
    blind levels are 40 mins so definitely not crapshooty for the top 6 players yet.

ty rounders, i shall do my best. i'm certainly having some fun!

good luck to Jacques too! i thought i could be mouthy....

good luck to Jacques too! i thought i could be mouthy....
    tranq + wet socks = quiet Doc Farrell
    Hmmmz... above may sound much weirder than it was. O.o

Actually, maybe its me indeed. Never did learn to keep my big mouth shut. ^_^

I noticed that my name isn't on the list of last 20 players. Maybe my hand written player's number 61 was supposed to be 19 after all. :D

In any case; thanks! Good luck to you too and all other boardies still in!!

jacQues
    (loud hamster)

Ste05 wrote:
    LOL donkaments... :D

Mark Donnelly bubbles in 10th

pushes with Ad Qd

Ste05 takes a shot with As 5s

flop 7c 5d 3c

turn/river Kh 8c

Ha ha, nice one.... id like to see an irishman take it down!

jacQues wrote:
    5starpool: 150/300 was not skipped. 500/1,000 was skipped indeed, but I don't see a big issue there. The levels are timely enough IMO.
    It was skipped. They chipped up the 25 chips after the 75/150 level. I'm sure everyone else that played can confirm this.

4 Boardsies making the final table of this, great stuff.

Good luck to Ste05, Doc Farrell, The Snapper, and Jacques.

5starpool wrote:
    It was skipped. They chipped up the 25 chips after the 75/150 level. I'm sure everyone else that played can confirm this.

Yes, the structure skipped 150 / 300 and 500 / 1000. Which are key levels as there are cruel jumps in the price per round when they are avoided.

stevire wrote:
    Mark Donnelly bubbles in 10th

pushes with Ad Qd

Ste05 takes a shot with As 5s
    This wasn't me...

Went out in 9th, AQd v 88 no help on a flop of Jd,xd, x

Best of luck to the lads left in... hope one of them takes it down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Doc out in 7th. Jacques chip leader.

David Jones 420,000

Lazza 250,000

Brendan Hartnett 30,000

Jacques Kieft 425,000

Paul Townsend 370,000

Brendan Byrne 80,000

• Advertisement

The Snapper (Brendan Byrne) gone in 6th. Not great for Baords. Jacques is our only hope.

5starpool wrote:
    The Snapper (Brendan Byrne) gone in 6th. Not great for Baords. Jacques is our only hope.
    No not looking great, just once that David Jones doesn't win, he's really really bad, I had him as my biggest target on the table.

Ste05 wrote:
    This wasn't me...

Went out in 9th, AQd v 88 no help on a flop of Jd,xd, x

Best of luck to the lads left in... hope one of them takes it down.

Hard luck Ste. A rather impressive performance for a man who hasn't played live or in a donkament in, well, donkey's years. :)

Heads up now, Jacques vs Brendan Harnett.

Jacques takes it down!!

all in from him with pocket 3's vs KQ

Flop:
    6 7 J rainbow
    Turn:
    River:
    J

Well done Jacques, makes the trip up definitly worthwhile!

I have Chuck Heston's voice in my head saying, a la Planet Of The Apes,
    'Oh my God, what have they done'

i am dumbstruck, not something that can said about Jacques!

congrats Jacques, incredible, unbelieveable comeback from a couple of big blinds. i hope you enjoy it and exploit it to kiss lots of bad ladies.

never saw a decent hand all day, quite proud of a few bluffs but really my day was a disaster.
    was trying to nail that David kid who was bluffing a lot but fair to him he had the hand when i called him down like a donkey.
    so Jacques I have a cheque for 600, you have 3 grand sterling and a ticket for another 5 grand.
    i'm slightly sick but genuinely delighted that you and your crazy ways won it. kind of. now get out there and party with some goth girls.

Well done Jaques....
    Was at your table for most of the first day, nice to see ya make a big recovery from being shortstacked!

Well done sir!! Impressive result. Which EPT you gonna take a crack at?? Hard luck Des and Brendan. Good performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Jacques wins and sits into a 1/2 plh cash game - a true sicky...

Des - you know it your self but your exit hand was a mess. If you think he is at it then all you have to do is call on the end - no need to push. (Im not aware of the stack sizes at this point - maybe push/call were effectively the same thing)

wd all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

wp Jacques congrats.

Advertisement