Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Zealand -v- France

Options
  • 29-05-2007 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭

Did you guys see the All Blacks team Graham Henry has chosen?

Here it is:

McDonald - Rokocoko, Toeava, Mauger, Sivivatu - Carter, Weepu - McCaw (cap), Masoe, Thorne - Williams, Jack - Hayman, Mealamu, Woodcock

Bench: Hore, Tialata, Flavell, So'oialo, Leonard, Evans, Nonu

We are going to get hammered!!! :(

I'm thinking 70 - 10 or something like that... Not looking forward to it at all!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

henry said in his press conference, he wants his team to lay down a marker for the tri nations and WC with this selection i think they are going to do just that and back up their credentials as wc favourite, am predicting a 30point+ victory

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

30point+ is being optimistic for France (or pecimistic for NZ...).

I mean, come on, even Magne is playing! It's going to be painful to watch... Might actually give it a miss!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

france by 5:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

If the bookies offer around NZ -30, like they gave SA -28 at the weekend, it could be another good punting weekend :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Whens this match on, is it on skysports? Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭burnedfaceman

its on ss1 at 9.30ish on sat morn

its on ss1 at 9.30ish on sat morn
    It's actually on at 8:00AM (KO @ 8:35AM) on Saturday morning, Sky Sports 1.

Enjoy the trashing! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Henry was giving out earlier about teams fielding second rate players - what about when he completely changed the side against us last year?

• Advertisement

Funkstard wrote:
    Henry was giving out earlier about teams fielding second rate players - what about when he completely changed the side against us last year?
    Very true that! He's an idiot anyway...

Isnt Thomas Castagnaide playing as well?

Kerrazy

Isnt Thomas Castagnaide playing as well?

Kerrazy
    Indeed he is. But I don't think a single man will make a huge difference to this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

new zealand by 10!

sticking my neck on the line a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

France by 5 :eek:

Someone has to beat those arrogant baxtards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

I would probably bet on New Zealand but i would still wonder whether that very odd French attack might catch the zealanders off gaurd, we saw how Ireland got caught off gaurd last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,153 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

We also saw how NZ hammered France, twice.

Sangre wrote:
    We also saw how NZ hammered France, twice.
    You should have wrote: "We also saw how NZ hammered France's first team, twice."

Imagine what they'll do to that one... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Pinetree Boy

Funkstard wrote:

Remind me of the score again. Don't know if you would have wanted to face the "first rate" players.

• Advertisement

You can't compare the NZ team that played Ireland to the SH teams being sent here.

First test Irelend 10 June 06

Muliaina
    Rokocoko
    Howlet
    Nonu
    Mauger
    McAllister
    Kelleher
    So'oialo
    McCaw
    Rawlinson- replaced by Flavell
    Jack
    Holah
    Hayman
    Mealamu
    Dermody- replaced by Tialata

Only three players not in this years shadow world cup squad (two of whom were replace by players who are). I am sure the Irish team that day didn't think Henry was doing them any favours.

You can't compare the NZ team that played Ireland to the SH teams being sent here.

First test Irelend 10 June 06

Muliaina
    Rokocoko
    Howlet
    Nonu
    Mauger
    McAllister
    Kelleher
    So'oialo
    McCaw
    Rawlinson- replaced by Flavell
    Jack
    Holah
    Hayman
    Mealamu
    Dermody- replaced by Tialata

Only three players not in this years shadow world cup squad (two of whom were replace by players who are). I am sure the Irish team that day didn't think Henry was doing them any favours.

Sorry, should have said Autumn '05. 15 changes to a team after beating Wales? And he berates NH teams for doing the same?

http://www.irishrugby.ie/6855_5058.php

12 Nov 05 ????

McDonald
    Howlet
    Siviatu
    Nonu
    Mauger
    Evans
    Weepu
    Tuiali'i
    McCaw
    Williams
    Eaton
    Lauaki
    Afoa
    Mealamu
    Woodcock

Four players not in this years squad including Eaton injured. The other 3 are in the junior all blacks. In 2005 NZ sent the best available. The fact was that Henry could field two teams the equal of anything in the NH.

Even still the aim of the managers on this tour remains the same as his; to field players in order to develop them for the world cup. I just find it hard to believe he can publicy speak out against managers for doing what he has done recently. Anyway this is OT, better cut it off

AND the score has everything to do with it. 45-7 against Ireland and 41-3 against Wales hardly suggests that Henry took an understrength squad.

Funkstard wrote:
    Even still the aim of the managers on this tour remains the same as his; to field players in order to develop them for the world cup. I just find it hard to believe he can publicy speak out against managers for doing what he has done recently. Anyway this is OT, better cut it off

The French are not developing players. Henry's point was that the IRB are yet again sitting on their hands and allowing clubs to dictate. NH rugby will not develop unless internationals come first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

Didn't Henry have two different international teams playing at more or less the same time last summer, one against Ireland in NZ and one that travelled to play Argentina?

The French are not developing players. Henry's point was that the IRB are yet again sitting on their hands and allowing clubs to dictate. NH rugby will not develop unless internationals come first.
    That's pure BS as far as I'm concerned. To me, Club Rugby is far more important and interesting than International Rugby... You talk like Syd Millard...

Perhaps that attitude explains the difference and the gulf between the NH and the SH. Down here we only care about the Super 14 until the tests start- then couldn't give a toss.

• Advertisement

Advertisement