Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I also found the fit to be very small. I'm a size 10 but would have a big chest and wide hips and found the fit to be more tailored to those with more slender proportions/builds, if that makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Thanks guys. I’m looking at a dress for a wedding but never worn anything from that brand before. It’s online so I can’t try unless I buy.

I generally wear leather soled, handmade in England shoes but I love Nike air max for pottering about ....picked these up in England a few weekends ago for £55

467167.jpg

Augeo wrote: »
    I generally wear leather soled, handmade in England shoes but I love Nike air max for pottering about ....picked these up in England a few weekends ago for £55

Post purchase bargain fuzzy feeling..... €130 in JD sports Dublin...

467358.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

You could glam it up with ankle boots, say red or snakeskin print. Jewelry wise, a long gold necklace would be nice, or statement earrings.

I'm not sure a belt would work as the seam on the waist looks a little high, but worth a try!

It would look great also with a biker jacket, if you had some great shoes to dress it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,965 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

white-ring-zip-front-stiletto-ankle-boots.jpg?strip=true&qlt=80&w=720

https://www.newlook.com/row/womens/footwear/shoes/white-ring-zip-front-stiletto-ankle-boots/p/591039210?comp=Search

Also got those.... though the Zara ones will most likely be infinitely nicer.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Twee. wrote: »
    You could glam it up with ankle boots, say red or snakeskin print. Jewelry wise, a long gold necklace would be nice, or statement earrings.

I'm not sure a belt would work as the seam on the waist looks a little high, but worth a try!

It would look great also with a biker jacket, if you had some great shoes to dress it up.

Great ideas, thank you! I do have a leather biker type jacket. And a long gold necklace:-)) Belt wouldn't work with the seam, which is why I like the dress...I like all the detailed little pinches and seams.

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Thanks guys. I’m looking at a dress for a wedding but never worn anything from that brand before. It’s online so I can’t try unless I buy.
    I bought the Virgos Lounge dress online in the size above my usual size. The top half of it was much too big and because it was quite detailed - there was no way you could alter it. So it had to go back. And they don't have my regular size in stock. Back to the drawing board again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

I went a bit nuts and bought lots of pairs of Air Max and Jordans over the past month. Not sure how to stop :D

57403791_l.jpg

57403703_l.jpg

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/golddigga-pu-zip-skirt-ladies-574037?colcode=57403791

Hopefully the quality is as good as the images would seem to suggest.

The skirts arrived yesterday and are excellent, really nice quality and an absolute bargain at the price listed. The boots from Zara also arrived and as you'd expect they are pretty amazing. I didn't expect much from the New Look boots and it's just as well. While there's nothing wrong with them as such they just lack style.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,576 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

The skirts arrived yesterday and are excellent, really nice quality and an absolute bargain at the price listed. The boots from Zara also arrived and as you'd expect they are pretty amazing. I didn't expect much from the New Look boots and it's just as well. While there's nothing wrong with them as such they just lack style.

Regarding New Look. They are just not as good as they used to be say five to ten years ago. I used to love going to New Look seeing all the lovely shoes they had trying a few on and then buying a pair or two. Its very rare I do that now do.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

New Look used to be great for serious Manolo Blahnik dupes back in the day (15 years or so ago) - I haven't been tempted to try on a pair there in the past maybe 8 years. It's like a different shop.
    I got a pair of Fly London boots https://www.beckershoes.com/shop/women-s/13623-luxe-mid-boot-anthracite.html in a local shoe shop a week or two before Christmas - half price at €75. Delighted - they're absolute workhorses of boots!

Got new shoes ... I've a similar pair that are still almost like new after 3 years (worn only once or twice a fortnight addmitedly but even the rubber heel is barely scrubbed) so I'm expecting these to wear as well...

pitt_373726_cedarcalf.png

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I got these black trousers with a blue strip down side of leg from Vero Moda in their sale
    10204164_Black_681570_003_ProductLarge.jpg?sw=291&sh=388&sm=fit

• Registered Users Posts: 5,087 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Got this Tom Ford tie in BT sale, original price was €195 and I got it for €40!

12732631_12662388_1000.jpg

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Chinese made docs, £32 incl postage, box is a fiver more.

469819.jpg

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,175 ✭✭✭dee_mc

I didn't buy anything (please don't ban me!) but just a heads up: Coast in BT Limerick are selling off a lot of stock at less than half price. A lot of size 6 but a good few other sizes available in some styles - serious bargains to be had.
    They have new stock too, despite seeming to close all their standalone stores in November when they went bust.

• Advertisement

Anyone every buy a dress by the brand Chi Chi London? What is the fit and sizing like?
    Eyeing up this dress on ASOS for a wedding:
    https://m.asos.com/chi-chi-london/chi-chi-london-crochet-lace-skater-dress-in-navy/prd/10392833?clr=navy&SearchQuery=&cid=8799&gridcolumn=1&gridrow=4&gridsize=2&pge=1&pgesize=72&totalstyles=55

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Anyone every buy a dress by the brand Chi Chi London? What is the fit and sizing like?
    Eyeing up this dress on ASOS for a wedding:
    https://m.asos.com/chi-chi-london/chi-chi-london-crochet-lace-skater-dress-in-navy/prd/10392833?clr=navy&SearchQuery=&cid=8799&gridcolumn=1&gridrow=4&gridsize=2&pge=1&pgesize=72&totalstyles=55

Id go up a size, I bought two dresses recently and one was tiny and the other just a little snug.

Although with ASOS I'd probably order two sizes and return one

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

GingerLily wrote: »
    Id go up a size, I bought two dresses recently and one was tiny and the other just a little snug.

Although with ASOS I'd probably order two sizes and return one

Completely agree with this. I've a few with Asos and I've als gone up a size

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I’d also go up a size with chi chi :).

I had a good experience with fit and quality. I have heard others (a few years back) who were disappointed, so do report back about how you got on with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Definitely go up a size. Find them very very tight across the bust too, even when up a size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Can I ask how long the skirts are? I know it obviously depends on your height, but I'm 5'3" and want it to be above the knee. More a mini skirt than a pencil skirt. Have it in the basket at the moment, but just wondering before I buy.

Can I ask how long the skirts are? I know it obviously depends on your height, but I'm 5'3" and want it to be above the knee. More a mini skirt than a pencil skirt. Have it in the basket at the moment, but just wondering before I buy.

Will measure it later for you. I know in my partners case she's about 5ft 9" so on her it's certainly above the knee.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Sir_Name

Can I ask how long the skirts are?  I know it obviously depends on your height, but I'm 5'3" and want it to be above the knee.  More a mini skirt than a pencil skirt.  Have it in the basket at the moment, but just wondering before I buy.
    I was just about to ask the same! I'm the same height as you... and love the skirts...

AMKC wrote: »
    Regarding New Look. They are just not as good as they used to be say five to ten years ago. I used to love going to New Look seeing all the lovely shoes they had trying a few on and then buying a pair or two. Its very rare I do that now do.
    Same. Before I couldn't leave New Look without buying a pair of shoes. There's no New Look near me but I was in one over the Christmas and I actually didn't bother going near the shoe section, the clothing section was poor enough that I didn't bother.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

I don't know, New Look always struck me as very poor quality. Now they are other online brands offering cheap tat (Boohoo) plus the push towards less environmentally taxing shopping means their market is shrinking so it's possibly even more affecting their quality.

Speaking of quality, either I become more picky or the offerings in some high street shops are seriously poor lately. I've been to Zara, Warehouse and Oasis and couldn't find anything to buy.

Anyway I didn't do much shopping lately but got this in sales:

https://www.arket.com/en_eur/women/jackets-coats/product.jersey-wool-coat-red.0502134003.html

https://www.arket.com/en_eur/women/trousers/product.fluid-wool-trousers-blue.0584319001.html

https://www.arket.com/en_eur/women/knitwear/product.merino-marini%C3%A8re-jumper-white.0482957001.html

Arket is easily becoming my favourite brand for good quality basic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement