Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was heading to an awards ceremony recently, and I wanted a new dress. I came across this beauty from Dickens & Jones in House of Fraser in Belfast, reduced to stg75 in their promotion. Genuinely one of the nicest dresses I've ever bought, very flattering.

I_223063346_01_20150826?size=450,600&wid=450&hei=600&qlt=80&op_sharpen=1&ResMode=sharp2&pscan=4

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Got this top in Penneys for €8, thought it would be nice with leggings and converse for casual days in the winter. :)

http://i64.tinypic.com/2r2xl00.jpg

Got a skirt similar to this Reiss one as well in Penneys. Absolutely love it. Going to get it in the burgundy colour too as its fab.

http://i68.tinypic.com/n4tycn.jpg
    Ended up exchanging these as the size 8 was still too big and was gaping at the back when I sat down, so I got the following instead and the skirt is a much nicer fit on me personally. I'm disappointed over the lace skirts as I really loved them.

This skirt but mine is in black, doesn't look much in the pic but is much nicer in reality.

2mq3m87.jpg

Also got a 3/4 sleeve lace top in burgundy, its fab, it can be dressed up or down. I can't find photos of it at the minute but if I find one I'll post it. :) The top was €10 and the skirt was €12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Starting a new job soon so was on a mission to buy skirts that covered my a$$ :o:P

From Dorothy Perkins:

66833324_2_large.jpg

66832562_2_large.jpg

66835902_large.jpg

From New Look (not really for work):

361457067?$zoomPopup$&hei=451&wid=783

359322369D2?$zoomPopup$&hei=451&wid=783

350777501?$zoomPopup$&hei=451&wid=783

From Dunnes:

8592392_black.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Taboola

I got the same boots Jamaican Me Crazy. I've been looking for a pair of black ankle boots. Hoping they are comfy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

Taboola wrote: »
    I got the same boots Jamaican Me Crazy. I've been looking for a pair of black ankle boots. Hoping they are comfy.

I'm wearing them today. No complaints so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭denis160

Ended up exchanging these as the size 8 was still too big and was gaping at the back when I sat down, so I got the following instead and the skirt is a much nicer fit on me personally. I'm disappointed over the lace skirts as I really loved them.

This skirt but mine is in black, doesn't look much in the pic but is much nicer in reality.

<SNIP>

Also got a 3/4 sleeve lace top in burgundy, its fab, it can be dressed up or down. I can't find photos of it at the minute but if I find one I'll post it. :) The top was €10 and the skirt was €12.

was the black skirt with zip penney's?

denis160 wrote: »
    was the black skirt with zip penney's?
    Yeah it is, sorry I thought I said in my previous post but just realised that I didn't. Apologies.

It's called the "A-Line Textured Zip Mini Skirt" and comes in two colours, black and navy.

This is it here http://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/navy-a-line-textured-zip-mini-skirt,D35397117584239

Yeah it is, sorry I thought I said in my previous post but just realised that I didn't. Apologies.

It's called the "A-Line Textured Zip Mini Skirt" and comes in two colours, black and navy.

This is it here http://www.primark.com/en-ie/product/navy-a-line-textured-zip-mini-skirt,D35397117584239

Must have a look tomorrow, looks lovely, thanks.

Just got this Lipsy dress on eBay, mine is in orange. Can't wait to get it.

2d294t5.jpg

Hope it's not too long on me as I don't wear heels only flats :/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,458 Mod ✭✭✭✭CathyMoran

I got two things in Tesco - a red lace sparkly dress in the children's section, I would be a 6-8 and it fits me fine, plus I was able to get it for my 4 year old daughter which she loves! I also got this navy velvet dress in the adult section.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

http://www.hm.com/ie/product/27046?article=27046-K

Picked up this top in H&M for 19.99.Delighted with it because I think it'll look lovely with dark or black jeans on a night out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

For a wedding next month:

Asos, €41
    image1xxl.jpg

New Look, reduced €30 to €20. They remind me of Jimmy Choo Anouks!
    355982493D1?$zoomPopup$&hei=394&wid=979

Not this exact clutch but close enough, €30. NL as well.
    359342693?$zoomPopup$&hei=394&wid=979

Need to figure out jewellery now, think I might do a loose updo and subtle gold dangly earrings.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,513 ✭✭✭✭Lucyfur

Can you post a link to that dress please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Lucyfur wrote: »
    Can you post a link to that dress please?

I didn't post the dress but I went looking for it too so: http://m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS-Curve/ASOS-CURVE-Midi-Skater-Dress-With-Bardot-Cross-Front/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=5122524

Something incredibly useful for this thread is using Google Chrome as your browser, right clicking the image, and selecting search Google for this image, so handy for quickly finding the link and works on mobile too!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Got this for my work Christmas party in 3 weeks. It's a fancy affair so I'm using it as a good excuse to wear a full length dress :)

Think I may get this belt for it too.

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skinny-Full-Metal-Waist-Belt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4456962&cid=4174&Rf1026=6187&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Gold&totalstyles=145&gridsize=3

Reckon I could get away with gold shoes with it? I'm not the biggest fan of my feet and so hate wearing sandals though I think sandals would probably look best.

368679.png

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

351982.jpg

Got this dress - needed to get something nice for the work Christmas party!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I sold a few dresses, so naturally went on a VoH sale bender

1950s-halterneck-plum-sateen-dress-p1599-6689_image.jpg

sarong-blue-rose-p459-5803_image.jpg

1940s-style-tea-dress-denim-light-blue-p1059-3136_image.jpg

raglan-blouse-owl-pink-p1349-4816_image.jpg

Got this for my work Christmas party in 3 weeks. It's a fancy affair so I'm using it as a good excuse to wear a full length dress :)

Think I may get this belt for it too.

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Skinny-Full-Metal-Waist-Belt/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4456962&cid=4174&Rf1026=6187&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Gold&totalstyles=145&gridsize=3

Reckon I could get away with gold shoes with it? I'm not the biggest fan of my feet and so hate wearing sandals though I think sandals would probably look best.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/161540/368679.png

This arrived today and it's not nice at all :( it's a very high empire line around the bust rather than closer to the waist unfortunately. Makes me look incredibly busty (in a bad way!) and almost looks like maternity wear on me, not flattering :(. Back it goes, the search continues! So disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭MissElle

This Asos dress in black for my Christmas party in December, was originally 66 Euro, reduced to 27! Now just hope it fits ok....

cdb49b8e-c63e-473c-8da9-0da84dd083ea_zps5pdqxanv.jpg

Right, attempt no. 2 at Christmas party dress :) let's hope this one turns out nicer when it's on :)

368864.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

The Cool wrote: »
    For a wedding next month:

Asos, €41
    image1xxl.jpg

This came today... and I hate it! I went a size up to be safe but no good. The top crossover off the shoulder bit doesn't sit off my shoulder, it rides up so the straps go over my shoulders instead of round my arms, and if I pull it down then the bust part is too low.
    Also, I have a tummy and the dress makes me feel like a spud. So, it's going back!
    Back to the drawing board for this wedding in 2 weeks, grr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Ciderswigger

The Cool wrote: »
    This came today... and I hate it! I went a size up to be safe but no good. The top crossover off the shoulder bit doesn't sit off my shoulder, it rides up so the straps go over my shoulders instead of round my arms, and if I pull it down then the bust part is too low.
    Also, I have a tummy and the dress makes me feel like a spud. So, it's going back!
    Back to the drawing board for this wedding in 2 weeks, grr!

I ordered this a month ago and it was the exact same thing for me. The crossover part just doesn't work, there's not enough material or something? I sized up too and was practically welded into it. I was raging. Hope you find something in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

All River Island :D:D

679063_rollover?$CrossSellProductPage514$

677979_rollover?$CrossSellProductPage514$

677744_rollover?$CrossSellProductPage514$

jadie wrote: »

I didn't know you could order online from TK Maxx.... happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

denis160 wrote: »
    I didn't know you could order online from TK Maxx.... happy days :)

no sorry you can't, was just taking the pic from the UK site. Unless you did parcel motel. Euro to sterling rate is so poor now though not worth it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 754 ✭✭✭mynameis905

Sperry Gold cup boat shoes

I've always been a fan of deck shoes but used to wear Dubarry. Since I came across Sperry I've sold or donated all the dubes and I'll never go near them again. Decided to treat myself with these ones and since they arrived today I can't take them off. Lambskin lining and a memory foam insole. Like walking around on two preppy pillows :)

sperry-top-sider-gold-cup.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

MH010H-5-1.jpg

All Saints Fedora for myself there was 20% extra off at the weekend so i said why not ?.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Couple of different buys over the last while:

MALINOIS_40_RG_324.JPG
    ALDO Malinois bag - €54 with student discount

image1xxl.jpg
    ASOS LUCKY Mouse Face Pointed Ballet Flats - Around €21 with 20% student discount

15108764_Black_487599_004_ProductLarge.jpg?sw=520
    ONLY Christmas jumper - Around €17 with 20% off first order code

And a lovely burgundy skater dress from TK Maxx that I can't find a picture of anywhere!

• Advertisement

Black lace dress similar to this, will be longer on me though.

item_XL_4958496_1604173.jpg

H&M Tulip Skirt

KcZJjX5.jpg?1

River Island Wrap Dress

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=67419380

Dorothy Perkins skirt (without the belt)

img-thing?.out=jpg&size=l&tid=11163911

River Island skirt

50Cgsi2.jpg?1

ASOS Lace wrap dress in black

hx4410.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement