Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

lindtee wrote: »
    Went to Mahon earlier and they didn't have Twee's dress in the branch there:(:( If anyone spots it in the Cork City branch can they let me know?

I think I saw it there a couple of weeks ago. They might get it back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭degausserxo

Vodkat wrote: »
    Penneys are doing an excellent bra for smaller chests, thinks its called ultimate plunge or something. Two of my friends have them and they make a huge difference!

Dunnes are doing push up bras at the minute for €8.. grabbed one the other day and didn't realize it was a push up til I got home, but they're really good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Those Penneys ones are ridiculous though, we all know when my housemate is wearing hers :P I bought one to wear for my 21st as my dress was a little big on me all over but they're just insane :eek: I think the idea is to make you go up two sizes?? The bra is nearly bigger than my actual boobs =/

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Shmatter

Ye the penneys ones are mad, great, but very extreme!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Couldn't resist this either. Was humming and hawing for the past few hours but decided to go for it in the end. From Amazon.
    stock_dress_rh_cherrydot_1.jpg

Also ordered Max Factor Colour Adapt in Creamy Ivory. Was looking for a pale foundation, and after reading recommendations here and elsewhere, I tried some today in Boots and it seems perfect.
    41lDJpq-XTL._AA300_.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Ladies_Mickey_Mouse_Pullover_from_Junk_Food_500_478_514_76.jpg
    Junk Food! (truffleshuffle.co.uk)

Picture1-22.png?t=1302143604
    Awear. Actually really lovely on! Looks kinda crap in that photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

205534_1797877400513_1647092482_31829303_2412167_n.jpg

Yay, got these in the post this morning. Nice surprise! Just mentioned to my Dad that I thought they looked cool a few days ago and now they're MINE! Muahaha. (they're from the mens section apparently :o but shhh)

Converse @ Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭maggie_cork

this is my new purchase for hitting the pool over the weekend in the sunny weather

matalan-bikinis-heatwave-tankini-top.jpg

s2442534c754_1.jpg

Got both in Matalan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Kookai dress, on sale at Asos...

ifoqhh.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Faith wrote: »
    I went a bit mad in New Look yesterday :D

216218513?$get_the_look$
    Do you mind me asking, what closing does this bag have? Button/fastener or zip? Is it big? And whats the material like?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

It's a button in the middle. It's a very soft fake-leather outside.

Faith wrote: »
    It's a button in the middle. It's a very soft fake-leather outside.
    Thank you so much for your help, I appreciate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Twee. wrote: »
    Awh glad you all like it! I was thinking it was a bit crazy looking in the picture! It's in the RI sale, they had a good few in the Henry St Branch yesterday. As far as I know they never got it into the Liffey Valley branch.

I tried it on last night with a tulle underskirt, these shoes and my pillbox hat and it's SO Betty Draper! Now I just need somewhere to wear the damn thing!
    That sounds like such a fab outfit, Twee! Love it :D

Oasis
    3710017969.jpg

5320028001.jpg

I got the bag in purple, but it's not on the site. It's a dark, violety shade.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

This Uttam London dress from TK Maxx earlier on. Went in for a shock absorber bra but they didn't have any in my size.
    C254%20Black%20India%20copy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Hermione* wrote: »
    That sounds like such a fab outfit, Twee! Love it :D

Oasis
    3710017969.jpg

Very summery, very nice!

Got these wedge shoes in New Look today, so comfortable and they feel so light.

Espadrille Sandals - £11.99

215146883?$prod_details_hero$

Floral Cream Bangles - £5.59

215486913?$prod_details_hero$

Brogue Bowling Bag - £15.99

216436807?$prod_details_hero$

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Rainbow_brite

I was in Vila today in Clonmel and picked up this dress http://vila.bestsellershop.com/EU/news/vantage-dress/411495

Just had a browse on their website and they have a few nice summery things that I didn't see instore.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

I have an 80s fancy dress party next weekend so went shopping for outfit today.
    Sleeveless Denim jacket - Penneys
    Badges - Penneys
    Sunglasses - Penneys
    Tie - Claire's Acccessories
    Black Nail Polish - Claire's

Gonna wear it with a black lace dress I have, black lace gloves,and hoping to borrow a pair of red dr. marten's boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

http://bit.ly/iinDHU

Benefit's Finding Mr Bright. All I wanted was erase paste for my ridiculously dark under-eye circles! But then I got sucked in by all the other products in this.

The neon packaging was a bit of a turn-off, but the sample size products won me over. I'll review them soon in the Reviews thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Green poppy dress, reduced from £40 to £20:

dress.jpg

And a nice summery top, £18:

top.jpg

Both from Dorothy Perkins, got 25% off so both bargains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

Ooh love both of those Susie Q! How did you get the 25% off if you don't mind me asking?? :p

Shelga wrote: »
    Ooh love both of those Susie Q! How did you get the 25% off if you don't mind me asking?? :p
    Discount code posted in this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=71625098&postcount=250

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Just bought this off asos.com :)

image1xxl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Got this top (the white one) in H&M:

MLA01_2557_118R_91020.jpg

And about 3 pairs of cheapy pumps in Penneys, plus these in Miss Selfridge:

51P09FMUL_thumb.jpg

Plus these Prada ones:

prada-bluefly-pumps-rose-patent-bow-detail-dorsay-pumps.jpg

ONLY JOKING!!!! That was just a dream. I ain't spending €500 on shoes right now. If anyone has seen something similar let me know ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Managed to come out of the ASOS mid-season sale with just 2 things! WIN
    ..........bought 16 things from elf this morning..... not so win. :p

0.365x365.jpg
    €30. It's a bodycon dress but with a sheer cape over it

image1xl.jpg
    €11. Just for casual wear, maybe with leggings and flip flops.

tomissex wrote: »
    Managed to come out of the ASOS mid-season sale with just 2 things! WIN

image1xl.jpg
    €11. Just for casual wear, maybe with leggings and flip flops.

I like this tunic. Tell me, how you you go to the sale section in Asos and not become completely overwhelmed by the sheer mountain of items on sale? :D Do you go in looking for something specific, eg, sleeveless top, grey top, etc. or just browse and pick something you like? I just find it impossible to go through thousands of things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭tomissex

Malari wrote: »
    I like this tunic. Tell me, how you you go to the sale section in Asos and not become completely overwhelmed by the sheer mountain of items on sale? :D Do you go in looking for something specific, eg, sleeveless top, grey top, etc. or just browse and pick something you like? I just find it impossible to go through thousands of things!!

Haha I know what you mean, I just really limit the amount of stuff I'm shown. Take the dresses section, I select my size so I'm shown what's available in my size only. I put the budget to the highest amount I'd ever be willing to pay on a sale item (or on a dress or a top etc) and then I sort them all from low to high. By the time I get close to the top of my budget I'm happy with what I've found and don't want to look anymore :p
    Depending on my mood, I'll sometimes sort by colour as well.

Haha I know what you mean, I just really limit the amount of stuff I'm shown. Take the dresses section, I select my size so I'm shown what's available in my size only. I put the budget to the highest amount I'd ever be willing to pay on a sale item (or on a dress or a top etc) and then I sort them all from low to high. By the time I get close to the top of my budget I'm happy with what I've found and don't want to look anymore :p

Good skills :cool: I should be more discerning. I am so methodical I need to look at every bloody thing sometimes, then I just get sick of it halfway through, haha!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

This is also my method. Although I finding having no money in my bank account is a fairly good deterrent for buying the entire website.

I'm trawling through it now. I WANT IT ALL.

Edit: Does anyone know if there's a magical way you can stop it showing maternity clothes? I tried the "hide this brand" thing but it got rid of all ASOS brand clothes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement