Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Latest Purchases - Read mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Got this in Dorothy Perkins yesterday with 10% off. Half thinking of wearing it to an April wedding . Any ideas for shoe colours ?

b07752221thumb.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

bobbygirl wrote: »
    Got this in Dorothy Perkins yesterday with 10% off. Half thinking of wearing it to an April wedding . Any ideas for shoe colours ?

b07752221thumb.jpg

That's pretty, I like the shape and the way it hangs! The colour is so bold, maybe pale shoes would be nice with it - yellow, pale pink?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Love that dress bobbygirl! How is the sizing? I have a couple of dresses like that and I find I often have to go up a size because I have a huge ribcage :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭KayTee

bobbygirl wrote: »

b07752221thumb.jpg

It's gorgeous! Nude would look great, or red!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

I'd go for a metallic shoe. A nice dull gold colour

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

I'd go for hot pink or else yellow shoes myself! I'm all about colour!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Susie_Q

Got a couple of things in the Dorothy Perkins sale today.

A navy top (£13.50) which looks like this from the front:

front.jpg
    And like this from the back:

back.jpg

My first ever pair of skinny jeans (£18):

jeans.jpg

This super gorgeous adorable pendant (£5.50):

pendant.jpg

And these earrings (£4):

earrings.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Bought a lovely floor-length red dress from Chupi in Topshop, but I can't find pictures anywhere! It's jersey material with a scoop neck, very flattering on :)

I also got a navy dress with blue/purple flower pattern in Om Diva but again, no pictures online :( And my room is both far too messy and really badly lit for me to take a pic myself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭líreacán

Got this skirt in Forever21 yesterday, along with a coral cami that was dressed out on the mannequin with it! They only had XS left on the hangars, but the mannequin was in a small, I thought I'd be medium, but tried on the small nonetheless,and voilá! it fit!!

84701797-02.jpg

I'm going to wear it with sheer navy tights, coral pumps I got in Dunnes last year, the cami and a cropped denim jacket, soon to be purchased!!!

I also got a dress in Carousel, chocolate boutique brand, but can't find a pic at all online!!

I also bought this online the other night in the Lady Umbrella "no joke Sale"

Ladies%20Fashion%20Tshirt%20-%20LadyUmbrella%20and%20the%20Trike%20SM.jpg

I have one of their t-shirts already, and the fit is so lovely on it, nice and long, which is always a bonus!!! And shipping is free!!

And finally, I bought my boyfriend's mum this 0_0_0_0_181_170_csupload_23331927.jpg?u=2110754585 for her birthday from Horse&June the new vintage store on Drury Street. The candle has 85 hours of burn time, and smells delish!!! If you're into vintage clothing in any way, pop in here and have a look!!

Always feels great to support local, Irish businesses as well as places like Forever21!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Got myself a few necklaces from ebay, I've no ides what they're like but at a euro a pop I though I'd give em a go!

AN3+Red+Camera+Necklace1$5.20.jpg

!B4OJQZgBWk~$%28KGrHqQOKjgEyPCBQWGYBMpCt0sGGg~~_35.JPG

an-owl-necklace.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

phasers wrote: »
    Got myself a few necklaces from ebay, I've no ides what they're like but at a euro a pop I though I'd give em a go!

AN3+Red+Camera+Necklace1$5.20.jpg

!B4OJQZgBWk~$%28KGrHqQOKjgEyPCBQWGYBMpCt0sGGg~~_35.JPG

an-owl-necklace.jpg

A euro?! Links please!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Back Top with knot detail on sleeve - Forever21 - €4.99 reduced from €15:D
    F21-1.jpg

Close up of knot detail on sleeve
    F21-2.jpg

Black Bandage Dress (OK, I bought this before Xmas, but forgot about it until I found it in my wardrobe, so it is new, kinda)

Savida, Dunnes Stores - €30
    P4040028.jpg
    Back of dress
    P4040032.jpg

Turquoise dress eBay. The seller never mentioned anything about the elasticated waistband and wore a belt in the pic, so first I knew of the EB was when the dress arrived, it is nice, but I have to get a belt, hard, as most belts are too big on me :(
    P4040034.jpg
    Close up of ruffle detail
    P4040035.jpg

Karen Millen Pink Tropical Cuff - £15/€17.48
    image1xl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭bobbygirl

Faith wrote: »
    Love that dress bobbygirl! How is the sizing? I have a couple of dresses like that and I find I often have to go up a size because I have a huge ribcage :(.

I'm normally an 8 but had to go up a size for this one. It is very nice on and the colour is very bright !!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Emm511

http://images.asos.com/inv/media/0/4/9/2/1472940/black/image1xxl.jpg

Just bought this. Wanted it in red but they were sold out of my size. Think im going to get one of those chicken fillet stick on bras to wear with it im fairly small chested.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

OK, this dress looks a bit much here, but it's really lovely on! Without the shrug, it just has little straps. I'm not sure if I'll even wear the shrug with it.

River Island, €30, down from €80

598400_main.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Sibylla

I love the colour Twee, I think it would look great with wedges and without the shrug for a summer look, It's lovely haven't seen it in my local RI.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

That is so adorable Twee!

I like the way the shrug and waistband sort of clashes with the floral, I think it makes it look more vintagey or something :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

@Twee

Uggggh - now I'm starting the day off with a filthy dose of envy, that's beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

Love it Twee:) Going to check out River Island later, would love something like that for my son's confirmation.

Awh glad you all like it! I was thinking it was a bit crazy looking in the picture! It's in the RI sale, they had a good few in the Henry St Branch yesterday. As far as I know they never got it into the Liffey Valley branch.

I tried it on last night with a tulle underskirt, these shoes and my pillbox hat and it's SO Betty Draper! Now I just need somewhere to wear the damn thing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭boomkatalog

Twee. wrote: »
    Now I just need somewhere to wear the damn thing!

EVERYWHERE :D

EVERYWHERE :D

Haha yes! I'l wait until there's a bit of heat so I can go bare legged though! The shrug actually looks deadly over a cami top with jeans :D

Went to Mahon earlier and they didn't have Twee's dress in the branch there:(:( If anyone spots it in the Cork City branch can they let me know?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭TheFlamingo

Look much much nicer in real life, all vibrant and summery!

Got this Hell Bunny Dress on Ebay earlier.
    41nRFi5kyML._SS500_.jpg
    (Actually thinking of wearing it for the confirmation but it may be a bit much with the skulls and its very low cut too:pac:)
    €20 delivered and its brand new.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Emm511 wrote: »
    http://images.asos.com/inv/media/0/4/9/2/1472940/black/image1xxl.jpg

Just bought this. Wanted it in red but they were sold out of my size. Think im going to get one of those chicken fillet stick on bras to wear with it im fairly small chested.:rolleyes:

Penneys are doing an excellent bra for smaller chests, thinks its called ultimate plunge or something. Two of my friends have them and they make a huge difference!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Vodkat wrote: »
    Penneys are doing an excellent bra for smaller chests, thinks its called ultimate plunge or something. Two of my friends have them and they make a huge difference!

the ultimate cleavage is it?
    I have one and I know its all padding but my god its like I put my boobs on a shelf with the oompfh they get!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement