Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Today I saw an abandoned classic and took a pic thread!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

spotted this (not quite abandoned) 240 diesel auto in Oranmore today. Got a slap left hand rear. Elderly owner of 20 years. u.k. reg. was in use till xmas. and is available for sale.
    DSCN5567brown230eron.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭superboy

Could that engine be a slant 4. or is it my wonky eyes??? that might mean it was once part of a dolomite. or a vaux viva/magnum. Maybe!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pmg007

spotted this going through Liscannor..
    DSCN2165brown230eron.jpg

so reckoned there might be more so checked round the back..
    DSCN2166brown230eron.jpg
    On the way back to nenagh from Portumna first few bends on the left..
    Co Tipp' reg. 72.
    DSCN5521brown230eron.jpg
    further along that road outside a garage..
    DSCN5524brown230eron.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

pmg007 wrote: »
    further along that road outside a garage..
    DSCN5524brown230eron.jpg
    Ah..similar to this one(which was apparently an ex police car)
    Image879.jpg?t=1248389752

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

Ah..similar to this one(which was apparently an ex police car)
    Image879.jpg?t=1248389752
    is that for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭Tomebagel

ooooooo landyaddict will be happy:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭ji

cars 001.JPG vauxhall viva (all glass and grill are ok)

cars 002.JPG

cars 003.JPG

cars 004.JPG carina

cars 005.JPG Though it was a roller but it has a bently badge

More of the roller/bently.
    Hasnt moved in at least 5 years pity..
    cars 006.JPG

cars 007.JPG

cars 008.JPG spare engine on the ground,engine in car says rolls royce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Where is that Bentley? They look like Dutch plates on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bangerboy

Can you find out if the bently is for sale? If so, how much is on it?

thanks

• Advertisement

Theres never anyone around the house not in the last five years ive droped several notes in the door but no joy,The back window of the house is smashed and the house is well trashed.. its a nice car pity to leave it rot..

Max_Damage wrote: »
    Where is that Bentley? They look like Dutch plates on it.

Cork limerick border..

dutchcat wrote: »
    is that for sale?
    It is..

ji wrote: »
    85941.JPG
    Those T-series bentleys are considerably rarer then the equivilent Shadow,pity to see it dissolve..Must be lefthand drive as its on those plates,and a story to tell as to why it ended up like it did!.I wonder how bad it is close up.

It is..

Ya do ya know who owns it??????/

Ya do ya know who owns it??????/
    Yes,a guy in tralee,i dont know him very well,but i can try and get a number if anyone is interested?

Those T-series bentleys are considerably rarer then the equivilent Shadow,pity to see it dissolve..Must be lefthand drive as its on those plates,and a story to tell as to why it ended up like it did!.I wonder how bad it is close up.

Its right hand drive.

Looks like it had a engine change as theres a old engine thrown by the back of the car(maybe not a success and could have lost interest)

looks ok up close only had a quick look..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭bangerboy

send it my way :D

I dont want the number ive enough of money pits as it is..:pac:

Shame to leave it rot tho..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

It looks like someone has taken the indicator covers off already and Im surprised that the car is still intact, even if the adjoining property has been trashed. Someone should give it a wash....:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

The only thing valuable that T1 is the radiator.....it's for the bone yard....totally shot

ex T2 owner

Bearcat wrote: »
    The only thing valuable that T1 is the radiator.....it's for the bone yard....totally shot

ex T2 owner

Wouldnt say totally shot it actually quiet solid..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Landyaddict

pmg007 wrote: »
    spotted this going through Liscannor..
    DSCN2165brown230eron.jpg

so reckoned there might be more so checked round the back..
    DSCN2166brown230eron.jpg
    On the way back to nenagh from Portumna first few bends on the left..
    Co Tipp' reg. 72.

DSCN5521brown230eron.jpg.

As usual, thanks. Pity the first two are so far away. Looks like the 2nd one, on the CE reg, was used for its chassis, or the chassis has rotted.I know of the Portumna one, passed by a few times, it's outside a farm yard on the bend if memory serves me. looks like it's been used as a mobile skip, but some good parts. I like the lift up tail on it.

Landy

Wouldnt say totally shot it actually quiet solid..
    Would cost a fortune to restore though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭2cv

I know this car... And i know where it's located as well... VERY VERY strange history to that car!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,805 ✭✭✭✭Gary ITR

Care to share?

Onkle wrote: »
    Care to share?

Well i saw the car years ago (at least 5), when it was in better condition...

It's not located in Tralee, but it's just off a backroad somewhere outside Abbeyfeale, Co. Limerick.

It's owned by a dutch guy that went back to Holland. Apparently he left his wife and two kids, so she got stuck with the car. It was originally bought in the UK and registered in Holland, hence the RHD and the dutch plates.

When i looked at the car, it wouldn't start, and judging from the picture, it hasn't moved since, because it's in exactly the same spot.

The wife (she's from Belgium), tried to sell the car, but no luck as she was looking for astronomical money for it at the time. She also had a series 2 Land Rover parked outside the house, which didn't start. Don't know if that's still there though..

:D

2cv wrote: »
    Well i saw the car years ago (at least 5), when it was in better condition...

It's not located in Tralee, but it's just off a backroad somewhere outside Abbeyfeale, Co. Limerick.

It's owned by a dutch guy that went back to Holland. Apparently he left his wife and two kids, so she got stuck with the car. It was originally bought in the UK and registered in Holland, hence the RHD and the dutch plates.

When i looked at the car, it wouldn't start, and judging from the picture, it hasn't moved since, because it's in exactly the same spot.

The wife (she's from Belgium), tried to sell the car, but no luck as she was looking for astronomical money for it at the time. She also had a series 2 Land Rover parked outside the house, which didn't start. Don't know if that's still there though..

:D

Ya its still at that spot hasnt moved in the at least 5yrs, the landie is gone tho..

How much was she looking for it???

Its amazing they never tried to sell the house before it went into disrepair ,strange!

I've been watching the car for years and always knew there would be a interesting storey behind it...

Thanks...

I've been watching the car for years and always knew there would be a interesting storey behind it...

Thanks...

The story gets more interesting....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

2cv wrote: »
    The story gets more interesting....

And on the full moon every August the car starts all by itself and drives around the garden!!:eek:

Advertisement