Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mixers and spirits

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Nope, just prohibitively expensive. You can buy certain types of absinthe here-ffs, you are in Sligo, get down to Foleys offy and have a look at the shelf behind the counter!!!
    But be warned, a bottle of absinthe costs around €70.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

get a blender, 2 oreo cookies (specifically), a block of ice cream (the typical ones you get from HB) and bailys. put the 2 cookies in with about 1/3rd of the block of ice cream, then add a good bit of baily's.

winner. :D

Do you wear a dress while drinking this or will a skirt with a nice blouse suffice? For shame brother, for shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

Jagermeister ftw.

Scary bottle...scary liquid....scary stag on the front....and it tastes like "burning black liquorice death"

Mix it with some Red Bull and away you go :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Nope, just prohibitively expensive. You can buy certain types of absinthe here-ffs, you are in Sligo, get down to Foleys offy and have a look at the shelf behind the counter!!!
    But be warned, a bottle of absinthe costs around €70.

I've been to Foley's off license before and never noticed the absinthe before although the only time I go there is when I'm on my way to envy and I'm sober (a scary thought indeed) and need a nagan to neck back in the queue. What type of absinthe is it. *Starts pratying to the Gods of alcohol it's the black stuff*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Absinthe - the drink of lunatics. My first time ever drinking a bottle of this liquid death, I did not realise how strong it actually was (80%). I ended up drinking half of the bottle in the space of 2 hours and spent the next 6 hours being the blindest drunk I have ever been in my entire life. I won't scare you with details of the hangover brothers.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Yes it is potent stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

Black toothed grins \m/ pleanty of whiskey and a splash of coke
    that or bushmills with ice is pleanty manly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

It is to my great shame that I must admit to sometimes drinking rum and blackcurrant in my youth. :o In my defence, it did turn my teeth a nice shade of black on a given night out.

These days it's pints or shots, praise be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I like the very masculine gin and tonic but never in a pub that doesnt have a free bar.usually on holidays..5 quid a bottle of gin,nice big bbq'd steak and sit at the harbour afterwards pissed out of my mind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Gin and Juice....lets me act out my gangsta rapper fantasys!!

• Advertisement

I've been to Foley's off license before and never noticed the absinthe before although the only time I go there is when I'm on my way to envy and I'm sober (a scary thought indeed) and need a nagan to neck back in the queue. What type of absinthe is it. *Starts pratying to the Gods of alcohol it's the black stuff*

Its the proper green stuff with the absinthe lady on the label. Although perhaps they keep the black stuff out of sight??

Its the proper green stuff with the absinthe lady on the label. Although perhaps they keep the black stuff out of sight??

€70 seems a bit expensive if it's only the green stuff. What percentage is green again?

65 or 70 percent. In terms of the beverages we might be used to purchasing it is expensive, but I believe it is cheaper than going to Spain or wherever to get the cheap stuff, as people have suggested to me before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

Anything that gets you merry is ok by me. Guys who are concerned with the 'manliness' of what they are drinking are pretty sad and probably gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

im a fan of the captain morgan spiced rum myself

65 or 70 percent. In terms of the beverages we might be used to purchasing it is expensive, but I believe it is cheaper than going to Spain or wherever to get the cheap stuff, as people have suggested to me before.

It's not the 80% of the black stuff but it would be good for an occasion. Still €70 is pricey though. Might get a bottle for when I go back to college :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

A load of pints of either stout, carlsberg or bulmers. May have a gin and tonic after that. Not usually though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Vodka and blackcurrant is all I ever drink. No, I'm not gay.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

DarkJager wrote:
    Gin and Juice....lets me act out my gangsta rapper fantasys!!
    First time I heard gin & juice I thought it was a pisstake, i.e. a slag "look at yer man drinkin gin & juice".

captain morgan spiced rum
    Thats the stuff, and captain morgan dark is nice (pisses on that old seadog crap).
    Rum is the best spirit, distilled from sugar based washes so has only trace amounts of methanol=no cogener hangover.

and pirates are on the bottle :D

rubadub wrote:

and pirates are on the bottle :D

WOW Pirates :eek::eek::eek::eek: I think a little too easily impressed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

WOW Pirates :eek::eek::eek::eek: I think a little too easily impressed.

yarrrrhhh ye scurvy knave. if there was a pirate riding on the back of the babycham deer I'd be drinking it too

rubadub wrote:
    yarrrrhhh ye scurvy knave. if there was a pirate riding on the back of the babycham deer I'd be drinking it too

Well if it's got pirates on it you know it's good.

Advertisement