Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q&A with Valor

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

wtf something is different here

• Registered Users Posts: 10,740 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

pok3rplaya wrote:

?

hes saying more than 6 words?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

Who on this forum thinks like you?

Do you think people talk about you much behind your back? Do you hope they do?

If your plane crashed and you were stranded in the mountains and you had to turn to cannibalism, who in the world would you most want to eat?

Who on this forum does everyone think is good, but usually gives bad advice or is a losing player?

Do you play mythical or klag? Would you like to?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

Somehow I knew that question was going to pop up you sicko.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

pok3rplaya wrote:

what are you on about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

RoundTower wrote:
    Who on this forum thinks like you?

Me and Cardshark always seem to give remarkably similar advice
    Do you think people talk about you much behind your back? Do you hope they do?

Do you mean people in general or people on this forum?

If your plane crashed and you were stranded in the mountains and you had to turn to cannibalism, who in the world would you most want to eat?

Eh, I dunno. It wouldnt really matter who they were as long as I didnt care about them. I mean I guess the standard answer is Jessica Alba or someone but I'd rather keep her alive tbh

Who on this forum does everyone think is good, but usually gives bad advice or is a losing player?

I'm not in a great position to answer this because I am not privy to the results of many of the posters on here, and because I gloss over the advice the vast majority of people give
    Do you play mythical or klag? Would you like to?

I have no idea what they are

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭RedJoker

Hi valor. I'm on 2+2 all the time as well. About 1600 posts but not nearly enough in strategy forums. I don't really have any questions but I wanted to post some stuff.

I agree that the standard of discussion on 2+2 is higher than in most books, there aren't a lot of cash game specific books for one thing. The only book I've read at the same standard is The Mathematics of Poker by Bill Chen. I'd recommend it if you haven't read it yet.

FWIW I'm studying Financial Mathematics in UCC and have been investing for about 3-4 years. Check out the finance and investing forum on 2+2, there are quite a few hedge fund managers and investors with a lot of experience there. Read the Vanguard Diehards forum and Morningstar's forum as well.

To the poster who was asking about index funds earlier. For American funds go to Vanguard or Fidelity, for Irish funds use Quinn Life. If you aren't allowed to use Vanguard or Fidelity go to an online brokerage like scottrade, etrade, etc. and buy ETFs.

While you're young you should be able to be 100% in equities. As you get older you can diversify more.

NPV models suffer from garbage in, garbage out, just be aware.

Congrats on the success, finish college though, you have to leave yourself 'outs'.

Advertisement