Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aviation & Aircraft Photo Gallery *No Discussion*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭gerire

DSC01198.jpg

Shannon to Colombia direct? or is this just the good drugs coming in for a stopover? :D

I really should have put in more effort for my 2k post

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Killinator

What camera are you using? SLR or otherwise? I've had my SLR ages, but with anything else its best to focus BEFORE you take the shot, i.e semi depress button and pan with the aircraft before you shoot

Its the older version of the Sony cyber-shot H50, just a digital(wish I had a DSLR:rolleyes:)
    I try to focus before the shot and pan but often a bit of fence or barbed wire:mad: will pass the lense and throw the focus off for a split second, which as I'm sure you know is plenty enough time for the shot you wanted to be gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Killinator wrote: »

I try to focus before the shot and pan but often a bit of fence or barbed wire:mad: will pass the lense and throw the focus off for a split second, which as I'm sure you know is plenty enough time for the shot you wanted to be gone

If your at the Viewing area at EINN id recommend looking behind you and trying to stand or balance yourself on that wooden fence behind you! gets rid of the barbwire etc but ya gotta be flexible like me or you will fall flat on your arse like whats happened to my mates one day we were there:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭CaptainSkidmark

Question!!

ya know the place at the end of the runway(furthest away from the terminal) in the field where one must jump a gate. i take it so long as your only taking pictures they wont say much? there is cow's in the field so i dont think its airport property.

Question!!

ya know the place at the end of the runway(furthest away from the terminal) in the field where one must jump a gate. i take it so long as your only taking pictures they wont say much? there is cow's in the field so i dont think its airport property.

anywhere that your jumping a gate to get photos is probably a bad idea, the airport police frequently check the perimeter, even if its not airport property they may contact the land owners about trespassing, I may be wrong though, and jumping certain fences would be very tempting due to the fact that you could get much better photos without much of a fence in the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,833 ✭✭✭✭Armin_Tamzarian

Amazing example of helicopter stunt flying.
    Enjoy...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

anywhere that your jumping a gate to get photos is probably a bad idea, the airport police frequently check the perimeter......
    Or you could just take the pics from around here like I do :)
    TOWER_EINN.jpg

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

The_Joker wrote: »

Thats just teasing!

Wouldn't mind getting to spent a few hours up in the tower at DUB

TOWER_EINN.jpg

I'm sure the view isnt that good:(

anywhere that your jumping a gate to get photos is probably a bad idea, the airport police frequently check the perimeter, even if its not airport property they may contact the land owners about trespassing, I may be wrong though, and jumping certain fences would be very tempting due to the fact that you could get much better photos without much of a fence in the way

tis only just like a gate going into a normal field.

great spot for spotting, there is a barb wire fence(just a normal 4 foot one for keeping cow's back) right at the end of the parameter fence with a wooden stairs to walk over it, jump on that and ya can see right down the runway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭SniperSight

tis only just like a gate going into a normal field.

great spot for spotting, there is a barb wire fence(just a normal 4 foot one for keeping cow's back) right at the end of the parameter fence with a wooden stairs to walk over it, jump on that and ya can see right down the runway!

Bit confusd here,
    Not quiet sure where your talking about(not that I'm in a rush to jump fences:p)
    Is it down at the threshold of 06 or nearer the actual park viewing spot next to the aerospace??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Bit confusd here,
    Not quiet sure where your talking about(not that I'm in a rush to jump fences:p)
    Is it down at the threshold of 06 or nearer the actual park viewing spot next to the aerospace??

AFAIK just before Shannon Aerospace, on the road down towards it on the left.

Not too sure if it is advisable to be going in there though!!

The airport police will be after us next, with the discussion of potential security breaches at Shannon..!!

AFAIK just before Shannon Aerospace, on the road down towards it on the left...
    Any chance of showing it on google maps?
    google_maps.jpg

Bit confusd here,

directly at the end of 24.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Swiss Toni

Hi Folks,

It's my first time posting in this forum. I've a keen interest in aviation and like to photograph aircraft whenever the opportunity arises. I'm very much an amateur when it comes to photography so pointers from the more experienced members are welcome. I'll probably post some more at a later date but for now I've just posted two below to get started. (Hopefully I'll post them properly!)

Thanks for looking.

EasyJet Airbus A319 (G-EZEW) on short final to runway 24 Ibiza (LEIB).

AF3E9F5284FE4D0F84DF6C137040D953-800.jpg

Air Nostrum De Havilland Dash 8 (EC-IIA) on short final to runway 24 Ibiza (LEIB).

F087E68C9A0C473697E5F72626A5A2F8-800.jpg

Welcome Swiss Toni, 2 very good shots there indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Welcome on Boards Swiss Toni :)

A few pics and a vid I got while down in Ballybunion Co Kerry yesterday, Thanks to the Nikon D90 & 70-300mm vr lens, bit of a pig trying to hold it steady and manual focus at full zoom when shooting video :)
    IRCG1.jpg

IRCG2.jpg

IRCG3.jpg

IRCG4.jpg

Still can't get a youtube vid to embed HELP!!

Hi joker-

To embed youtube use the 'Youtube' button
    but instead of pasting in the entire URL i.e. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NyM5JHW_Nw

just copy in everything after the = i.e 2NyM5JHW_Nw

So you should have something like [-youtube]2NyM5JHW_Nw[/-youtube]

Hope that helps - A.T.

Great helicopter shots BTW.

Joker they are BRILLIANT, first one is something special.

• Advertisement

Thanks steyr.
    I was over the moon when I saw these guys approaching it certainly made my day!
    Brilliant weather camera in my hand and a live show thrown in, that's what I call a great day at the beach :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

IMG00055-20090525-0922.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Can someone tell me what this is... I've a few more shots, but it looked like they came in real low, scooped up loads of water and then lifted off.

mg6637.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I think its a Canadair CL-215 (or Bombardier as they are know now) fire fighting plane. They scoop up the water and then dump it on fires.

*Kol* wrote: »
    I think its a Canadair CL-215 (or Bombardier as they are know now) fire fighting plane. They scoop up the water and then dump it on fires.

Correct, they are extremely common along the beaches of Spain and Italy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks guys!

I guessed they are firefighters, but never heard of wild fires in Spain or Italy? May be its not as big a problem like in Australia or the US?

And yes, this was off Vernazza in Italy.

*Kol* wrote: »
    Steyr wrote: »
    Correct, they are extremely common along the beaches of Spain and Italy.

Spot on guys

The Canadair CL-214 and CL-415 "SuperScooper" were were purpose-designed amphibians and were the only aircraft ever designed specifically as water bombers. The CL-415 is a turbo-prop development of the radial engined CL-215 which first flew on 23 October 1967. The first CL-215 delivery was to France, with production continuing in batches through to 1990. In 1989 Canadair tested two CL-215s with turbo-prop engines. The CL-215T was not pursued, beyond offering retro-fit engines for existing CL-215 aircraft. The improved, turbo-prop CL-415 first flew in December 1993, with deliveries beginning in 1994. The aircraft remains primarily a fire-bomber, but can be configured for other purposes, including passenger, passenger/cargo, maritime patrol, or search and rescue.
    9cl215.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Thay are based in Ciampino Airport in Rome:

I haven't had much to contribute for a while but here's a few.
    (Steyr, you can reuse anything here that you like, they're all mine.)

DC10
    dc10.gif

C130-Hercules with VC10 in background
    c130herculesair1.jpg
    c130herculesair2.gif

VC10 - Refuelling Tanker
    vc101air.gif
    vc10air2.gif

A pretty decent looking 767, can anyone spot the obscure runway (fans of 'Vulcan 607' should have no problem).
    767.jpg
    runway.gif
    runway2.gif

F-3 Tornado undergoing ground checks.
    f3service.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

A pretty decent looking 767, can anyone spot the obscure runway (fans of 'Vulcan 607' should have no problem).

Ascension

Advertisement