Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If britain invaded the 26 co's

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

McArmalite wrote:
    So melodramatic aren't we. As Fratton Fred would say "
    here we go again. The Podge and Rodge guide to alternative history." Still he didn't like my "499 British soldiers were killed. I suppose Podge or Rodge would probably say " Only 499, pity it wasn't 499,000 ":D
    I didn't like it because it is a pathetic statement, said in jest or not

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Sand

So melodramatic aren't we.

Nothing dramatic about it actually, despite it sounding insane this was what Adams and Co were up to before they dressed up in suits and ties. You mightnt like accepting that, but thats your own issue/politics.
    What majority ? An artifical majority in an artifical state formed against the wishes of the real majority. Anyway, it's an artifical state that has only maybe 2 decades left to run.

Yes, that majority, the majority Adams and Co accepted after wasting 30 years time trying to murder and terrorise that majority. Thats the majority, yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

give it up sand. your anti nationalist stance is old hat (and boring) at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,474 ✭✭✭✭Sand

give it up sand. your anti nationalist stance is old hat (and boring) at this stage.

/me shrugs - Despite your 26 posts, 2 months of me not knowing/caring who you are you still seem motivated to A) Read my posts and B) Hit reply and respond to them - badly, but hey you try.

Back to the IRBB with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

darkman2 wrote:
    Im interested in just how effective the IRA was in the early 70's which some here are disputing. I think the figures ive just given speak for themseves.

The position is flawed, badly flawed. The IRA were effective but your assumption is that the British would never have escalated their behaviour to deal with the IRA.

The figures also show that between September and December attacks declined by 25%.

The British killed 100,000 people in Kenya.

Only 3,000 people died in the whole of the troubles. It was toytown war. More people died in road accidents.

The whole thing was a joke.

MM

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

The British killed 100,000 people in Kenya?

Have you a reference for this ?

Besides more people died of Malaria in Kenya during the British occupation does that make it a "Joke"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Maybe? (I dont have the figures to hand) but do not forget that approximately one third of that "British" army were Irish!
    Only 3,000 people died in the whole of the troubles. It was toytown war. More people died in road accidents.
    Only 3,000 people died & it was a "toytown war"
    The whole thing was a joke. MM

Some Joke mountainyman ~ would you like to reflect on your Postings? or are you quite happy with what you have just said?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

The position is flawed, badly flawed. The IRA were effective but your assumption is that the British would never have escalated their behaviour to deal with the IRA.

The figures also show that between September and December attacks declined by 25%.

The whole thing was a joke.

MM

My reply to your previous posting regarding deaths during the troubles -
    Quite possible, not trying to undermine you but do you have the stats. to back it up. It's possible that more Americans were killed in traffic accidents during the Vietnam War than in the war itself. Or indeed, and it also goes for the Brits, more getting killed by traffic than killed in Iraq. Does that mean it's also not a war ?

As regards the whole thing been a joke, if you had been maimed or a family member/friend killed, you wouldn't be refrring to it as a joke would you pal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

It was NOT a war.
    Arthur F if more people are dying in road accidents than in a so called war what do you call that?
    In fact given that Reggie Maudling defined the British Governments aim as being "acceptable levels of violence" it must be accepted that the British won the 'war' around 1974.

By refusing to accept that phrases such as 'toytown war' are valid you privilege the experience in northern ireland ang give its irredentist politicians a validity that they do not deserve.

O'Leprosy your position is flawed you are forgetting the civillian populations.
    More Vietnamese died in the war than Americans died in Traffic accidents in the same period I assure you of that.
    675,000 Iraqis have died since the invasion.

MM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭O'Leprosy

O'Leprosy your position is flawed you are forgetting the civillian populations.
    More Vietnamese died in the war than Americans died in Traffic accidents in the same period I assure you of that.
    675,000 Iraqis have died since the invasion.
    MM

My position flawed ? Your the one who refers to the death of 3,000 people as a ' joke '.

Granted you have a point about the terrible deaths of so many civilians in Vietnam and Iraq.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

It was NOT a war.
    Arthur F if more people are dying in road accidents than in a so called war what do you call that?

Even it if was not a war it was never a Joke ...

In response to the second quote I call that a worse reflection on road safety than a vindication of your position.

Advertisement