Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "rate my fry" thread

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

scojones wrote:
    This cost me over a tenner to mail from my phone. Doh :(

Anyway, here she is in all her glory.
    and such glory ... amazing fry ... kudos brother ... much kudos ... i can pay you no finer compliment than to say your fry is now my desktop background.

kitchen roll is just fine ... specially if you blow your nose with it... looks like sandpaper though

damn ... i'm hungry now so i am :cool:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sorry, how the hell did that cost a tenner to send?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

648kb, 2c per kb up to 512kb, 0.5c after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I want a fry now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

scojones wrote:

Anyway, here she is in all her glory.

Mmmm......delish.

I'd love to see it in high definition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Santa Claus

I indulged in a drunken fry in the Manhattan at about 4am this morning....Forgot to get a picture but I believe the ultimate is one which is cooked for you !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

At the risk of alienating 75% of the BG&RH forum..........Tea is for pansies.

I suggest that you read the title of this thread. Sure, a nice cup of coffee (black and strong) will, when added to bacon, eggs, saussages, etc, make a good breakfast, and any American person would be glad to have it, but a fry is not a fry without a cup of gold blend.

Another problem I have is with white pudding. It is becoming quite popular, to the extent that some "people" think it is superior to black pud. I say no.

A problem I have with both pictures is that there is too much delineation - i.e. you can see where the saussages stop and the bacon starts. A rightly great fry is one which blends together into a vaguely meaty blob.

Ingredients are what count:
    1) The best saussages are superquinn; hicks are good but don't even come close
    2) pud - clonakilty, west cork, hicks, in that order. people who eat shaws should be castrated. when you are stuck in some godforsaken place in the middle of nowhere, those denny/galtee ones are, in the circumstances, accpetable.
    3) I'm partial to dunnes smoked back rashers, but I accept that denny are good too. streaky bacon should only be served in multiples of 10.
    4) toast - has to be brennans if you're from dublin, should be burnt.
    5) eggs - either undercooked and runny or sunnyside down and burnt. if scrambled should have bits of shell to give it texture.
    6) beans - even if you don't like them they should be present to help mix the other ingredients together in a sauce. when i was in peru they served a fry with kidney beans because they didn't have real beans - god love em for trying.
    7) other - onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, fried potatoes, fried bread etc are optional but recommended. i find hash browns to be a bit too fiddly to cook, but love em when you get them in a breakfast roll.
    8) flavours - salt and pepper should be present in all parts of the fry. red sauce if you're irish, brown sauce if you're english, a mix of the two if you're a scot.
    9) most importantly, the tasty bits from the bottom of the pan should be scraped onto the plate.
    10) daily rag (but not the sunday paper) - should be placed so you can see the pictures, but never actually read.

OP, I would give 6/10, your big problems being the white pud and lack of tea, overall good emphasis on fundamentals (i.e. meats). You may improve that score if you used quality ingredients, and your score is further increased if you were still pissed from the night before and haven't slept yet.

Scojones, good work, fried potatoes, i like the chop which looks like a rancid lump of gazelle flesh that a lion left behind, there is a neatness to it which I am not happy about and the lack of toast and tea makes me doubtful - 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

While driving about today, a horrible thought occured to me....no one had even mentioned fried bread in this thread yet!

Fried heel of a batch loaf FTW.

Advertisement