Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "rate my fry" thread

Options
  • 12-05-2007 3:25pm

Following on from This post here, I thought people might be interested in having a look at other people's attempts at breakfast.

Here's mine

p5181258tb9.jpg

Notes:

Apologies for the contrast in the photo, it was eaten before i checked what it looked like on the laptop.

Contents of the plate: sossies x 4, rashers x 3, white pudding x4 (i ran out of black during the week), approx 5-6 mushrooms (sautéed), eggs (fried) x 2, toast x 3, 1 pint of O.J., 1 mug of java.

I don't like beans, so there aren't any. Also, i took this before i added any sauce, Y.R. being the main culprit. I also washed everything down afterwards with a pint of T.K. cream soda.

Anyway, rate my fry, and post your own.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Very nice, apart from the lack of fried bread, which is noticeably absent. I'd give it a 7/10, I know that the lack of black pudding was unavoidable, but the fry looks lopsided without them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

i like it ... it's got two of my favourite flavours ... grease & burnt.

Presentation is excellent ... like a little jeep that has been squashed flat after a stunt that went wrong, with the mushrooms and eggs representing the jeeps innards oozing out through the floorplan.

fried bread, beans or onions would set it off nicely, though I note you have thickly buttered toast and a mug of 'scald' which is encouraging.

I presume the orange juice is for teh lady ?

all in all, a noble and worthy effort, i would concur with 7/10.

you'll have to excuse me ... I've been drinking!

trout wrote:

I presume the orange juice is for teh lady ?

No, brother. The day i make/do anything for the lady (other than give her a ration of passion when there's no football on the telly) is a long, long way away.

The o.j. is a vital part of breakfast. Keeps you regular as clockwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

I have to go with 7/10 as well, but if thats low fat butter on the toast then -1 point and if the healthy orange juice drink is yours, then -2 more points.

If the absence of a knife and fork means you ate that lot with your bare hands, then +5 points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭thetrickykid

Vital ingredient missing - beans required for that litlte bit of 'wettage'.

Bung it all in a bit of buttery bread, fold over, allow to drip down chin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Has to be a minus 2 for that white pudding.
    Excessively oaty rubbish. Where is the traditional butchers fare?
    You know the grey spicy paste that spreads like butter on your toast and acts like a glue to hold the sausies and rashers on the toast whilst you lower the egg and crown with the other slice of toast making the perfect breakie sandwich!

( egg must be runny or no dribbles, - 1 point):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

7/10 originally

Minus one for no black pud
    minus one for no beans
    minus one for orange juice
    minis twofor a patterned plate...there should be no distractions.

End result....2/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

minus for : -

No Tomato

No Beans

No Hash Brown

No Black Pudding

Why was the rasher grilled???

No Pineapple (a personal favourite)

No Jam/Marmalade

Very dodgy eggs

Only two pieces of toast

You can still see the plate

Is there a shortage of mushrooms??

Which gives an overall score of -2/10. well better look next time

That looked surprising like marge on the toast, where is the real butter??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

dont like it at all,sorry.the sausages arent kearnses,the white pudding is full of cereal,the eggs look badly prepared and to put it bluntly,the whole lot looks GRILLED.Barely a trace of grease in evidence.2/10 must try harder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

that clonakilty pudding is shíte. Rice in pudding my hole!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

I made a fry at the weekend on the BBQ! I should have taken a picture but completely forgot. Got one of those BBQs that has the ring on the side so the fried eggs were done in quick time while I flamed the rashers, sausages, burgers and lamb chops on the main grill!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

Very impressive. Could do with some fried McCambridges and some grilled tomatoes but overall I wouldn't kick you out of bed for farting. Well done.:)

EDIT, actually after a breakfast like that I probably would kick you out if you farted, but well done anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

approx 5-6 mushrooms (sautéed)

lol... sautéed - alright there Delia :D

Still tis a finer spread than what was once served up to me - poached eggs and toast!

Mushrooms cooked in butter, kick the living bejaysus out of mushrooms cooked in oil. If i wanted grease over taste, i'd just down the bottle of oil and stuff the food down raw after it.

@ everyone else.......told ya, don't like beans, there was no black puddin and i took a photo before i added sauce. Clonakilty pudding fucking rocks. See above re: taste > grease. The rashers WERE fried. There's 3 slices of toast (the bottom one is upside-down compared to the top slice). That's not marge on the bread (ugh) although before i moved out, my ma used marge instead of oil on the pan all the time. Made me the man i am today. I'll admit the eggs were below par, but meh.

Anyway, no-one else willing to post a photo of theirs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I like your overall style, but a big missing is a quality sausage, so im afraid you get minus points for not using. Also mark you down for not having a garnish, next time be a bit more constructive and use chips, add a serious mark down for not cooking the eggs correctly, not looking good.

Overall though im very impressed with your flair and artistic plate arrangement.

I'll give you a very generous 5.5/10

For future reference please use proper sausages, garnish and cook your eggs correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭Naos

- 1 for artistic flair -> Your food is made to be eaten.
    + 2 for OJ -> OJ helps with the hangover (Thus 1 point for drinking the previous night, 1 point for aiding healing process of hangover allowing you to drink again quicker)

7/10 overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Anyway, no-one else willing to post a photo of theirs?

dont worry mine is coming:

to be expected:

24 Jumbo denny sausages
    16 maple cure rashers (thick cut)
    a ring of black and white hicks pudding (dunlaoghaire, none of that dalkey ****e!)
    6 eggs
    box o' green isle hashbrowns
    a loaf of toast
    scrambled eggs (for the lady)
    beans!

i do a fry regularly for about 5 blokes on a saturday afternoon!

and the manwidge:

this alone will induce a heart attack, the less said of that the better at the moment.

basic ingredients:

french pan. the big yoke, not one of those girly demi's.
    8 sausages (jumbo)
    8 rashers (thick cut)
    real butter all over.
    4 eggs (cooked wide and thin)
    12 hashbrowns.
    lashings of ketchup

to be served to two hungover blokes... it should carry a health risk warning...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

cance wrote:
    24 Jumbo denny sausages

Thats an instant fail in my book, you would be better using superquinn or any butchers sausages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

I think the fry itself is fine, but i'm disgusted at the lack of good strong builder tea...

coffee, oh i beg your pardon 'java', is all very well and good, but with a fry?!??

• Advertisement

At the risk of alienating 75% of the BG&RH forum..........Tea is for pansies.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

At the risk of alienating 75% of the BG&RH forum..........Tea is for pansies.
    brother ... i supported your fry ...a man's fry is sacred after all .. but you can't make a statement like that about the other golden nectar ... tay is god's gift to his creation.

pansies indeed ... that's fightin' talk :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,983 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

cance wrote:
    dont worry mine is coming:

to be expected:

24 Jumbo denny sausages
    16 maple cure rashers (thick cut)
    a ring of black and white hicks pudding (dunlaoghaire, none of that dalkey ****e!)
    6 eggs
    box o' green isle hashbrowns
    a loaf of toast
    scrambled eggs (for the lady)
    beans!

i do a fry regularly for about 5 blokes on a saturday afternoon!

and the manwidge:

this alone will induce a heart attack, the less said of that the better at the moment.

basic ingredients:

french pan. the big yoke, not one of those girly demi's.
    8 sausages (jumbo)
    8 rashers (thick cut)
    real butter all over.
    4 eggs (cooked wide and thin)
    12 hashbrowns.
    lashings of ketchup

to be served to two hungover blokes... it should carry a health risk warning...

I really should get around to posting up those pictures for you..

Just so hard when my artery's are clogged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

trout wrote:
    brother ... i supported your fry ...a man's fry is sacred after all ..
    Last Sunday I created the perfect fry, the sausages were a photogenic golden-brown, the rashers crisped to perfection and the pudding flash-fried to a succulent crumbly texture.

I was just about to take a pic when I felt dirty and wrong. A man's fry is a sacred thing. It was like a fellow Brother asking you to show you your mickey for comment and criticism.

Maybe next Sunday I'll take a pic, but I'll probably have to pixilate the sausages before feeling alright about posting it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

This cost me over a tenner to mail from my phone. Doh :(

Anyway, here she is in all her glory.

07022007(001).jpg

scojones wrote:
    Anyway, here she is in all her glory.
    Bonus points for plain white plate and chopping the mushrooms BUT....

...what's that to the right? A Serviette? Surely not! What's wrong with using your sleeve?! Oh it's all gone wrong now, you should just put the plate on a frilly doyley and have done.

*despair*

That's not a serviette, it's kitchen roll. I spilt half the beans on the table when pouring them out. Wimmens think you look after yourself if you have kitchen roll about the place. :o

Shut up, the fry is glorious.

scojones wrote:
    Shut up, the fry is glorious.
    As long as it wasn't ultra-absorbant 'Bounty' kitchen roll, and was the cheapest most water-resistant own-brand type kitchen roll that us men buy when de wimmen aren't watching, then a general pardon will be dispatched.

It was some shite I bought in LIDL. :)

• Advertisement

scojones wrote:
    It was some shite I bought in LIDL. :)
    You know what? I was in my local LIDL t'other day, musing over the sausages and saying to myself "these look edible".

But it was the sticker that read 'Now contains extra Lithuanian Dissadents!' that turned me off, personally.

Advertisement