Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GJP €300 Freezout - Boyne Valley, Sunday May 13th

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Nice to get a cash all the same man. WP

we gotta play a same game soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Nice to get a cash all the same man. WP

we gotta play a same game soon

To hell with the game a few pints is more my thinking :)

Opr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

opr wrote:
    To hell with the game a few pints is more my thinking :)

Opr

nothing changes!! ... anytime mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

Flushdraw wrote:
    Just back from this. Smurph got 5th. Niall the crazy poet took it down. Didnt last too long myself. Lost a few K early on when i had to lay down QQ on a 9752 board against smurph.

Had 8.5k when blinds were 75/150. Raised to 450 with Q2. Flop was Qxx all clubs. I bet, BB raises and i push. He calls with AcKx and hits clubs. Put him on a draw but didnt think it was that strong.

Cash game was pretty tasty. Was in for €300 and cashed out €1600 so i paid for my GJP festival ticket. Decent day overall

Well done T. nice turn around man.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Underestimate Niall "The Poet" Murphy at your peril.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

My starting table was the toughest table I have ever sat down at. It consisted of Flushdraw, Nicky Power, Eoghan Lyonsie, Brendan Wall, Niall Murphy, now try robbing blinds off them:o :o

Went out in 5th. Started the Final table with 15K (blinds 400, 800 with 100 ante) so not in desperate shape. Went down to 13k, when I shipped it all in with AQ and ran into kings (sorry wally), not to worry AQ4 flop, and im up to 26K and I even got to the dizzy heights of 32K. Wally gets pockets Jacks next hand put in a good raise pre-flop, niall Murphy calls. Flop comes down 7 4 4. Niall checks, wally all in Niall calls and turns over 3c4c :eek: . Wally had built up his stack from 1k up to 40K for the final table only to be coolered on 2 hands.

My exit hand: Ugh....
    I have 20K approximately and blinds are 500 1200 (200) ante, its folded around to me in the small blind. I have Ah3h and raise to 8K. Nially Murphy calls in the BB. Flop comes down JJ5 and I go all in for remaining 12K, he calls and turns over Jc4c, and gets his poker of Jacks on the River:rolleyes: I should have just shipped in pre-flop and maybe I could have taken the blinds, although Niall had more chips than God so he probably would have called anyway.

Not to worry, €800 for 5th and played the cash game for an another 2hours for a nice profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well done to Niall, leg-end :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

I found this to be a very enjoyable tournament with a great structure. My only complaint is that the tables were of the "folding" variety, somewhat unstable, and quite crowded with 9 players, let alone 10. Not sure that can be helped, but it wasn't very comfortable, especially in the 1 seat.

I built my stack nicely up to 35k at the 400/800/50 level. I had been playing aggressively and was getting a fair amount of respect. I opened raised on the button to 2600 with AK. Niall called on the button, and I got the sense he was spoiling to play back at me. The flop came 37T, with 2 hearts. He checked, I cbet 3500, and he jammed for around 15K more. I felt that he was making this move with a very wide range, including all flush and str8 draws and A big kicker hands. I was getting around 1.7:1 on the call and made what I'm sure looked like a lunatic call after dwelling up. Niall had me crushed with A7 and I failed to suck out.

I went out in 12th place one orbit later to opr when my top pair ran into his two pair in a blind vs blind hand. I could have played this better, but felt committed with a small stack.

-Oz-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

ozpoker wrote:
    I found this to be a very enjoyable tournament with a great structure. My only complaint is that the tables were of the "folding" variety, somewhat unstable, and quite crowded with 9 players, let alone 10. Not sure that can be helped, but it wasn't very comfortable, especially in the 1 seat.

I built my stack nicely up to 35k at the 400/800/50 level. I had been playing aggressively and was getting a fair amount of respect. I opened raised on the button to 2600 with AK. Niall called on the button, and I got the sense he was spoiling to play back at me. The flop came 37T, with 2 hearts. He checked, I cbet 3500, and he jammed for around 15K more. I felt that he was making this move with a very wide range, including all flush and str8 draws and A big kicker hands. I was getting around 1.7:1 on the call and made what I'm sure looked like a lunatic call after dwelling up. Niall had me crushed with A7 and I failed to suck out.

I went out in 12th place one orbit later to opr when my top pair ran into his two pair in a blind vs blind hand. I could have played this better, but felt committed with a small stack.

-Oz-

I had just moved to your table Oz, and this was the first hand I had witnessed. I could see your line of thought here and to be honost I would have put him on a Flush draw aswell. It was a tough call, and im sure you also based it on have live cards i.e. Ace or King being live. Didn't realise you posted on boards etc., nice to put another face to a boards member.

smurph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

smurph wrote:
    Didn't realise you posted on boards etc., nice to put another face to a boards member.

smurph

I just discovered the boards about a month ago or so. I like to semi-lurk by posting at the bottom of long threads. :)

-Oz-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

smurph wrote:
    My starting table was the toughest table I have ever sat down at. It consisted of Flushdraw, Nicky Power, Eoghan Lyonsie, Brendan Wall, Niall Murphy, now try robbing blinds off them:o :o

Went out in 5th. Started the Final table with 15K (blinds 400, 800 with 100 ante) so not in desperate shape. Went down to 13k, when I shipped it all in with AQ and ran into kings (sorry wally), not to worry AQ4 flop, and im up to 26K and I even got to the dizzy heights of 32K. Wally gets pockets Jacks next hand put in a good raise pre-flop, niall Murphy calls. Flop comes down 7 4 4. Niall checks, wally all in Niall calls and turns over 3c4c :eek: . Wally had built up his stack from 1k up to 40K for the final table only to be coolered on 2 hands.

My exit hand: Ugh....
    I have 20K approximately and blinds are 500 1200 (200) ante, its folded around to me in the small blind. I have Ah3h and raise to 8K. Nially Murphy calls in the BB. Flop comes down JJ5 and I go all in for remaining 12K, he calls and turns over Jc4c, and gets his poker of Jacks on the River:rolleyes: I should have just shipped in pre-flop and maybe I could have taken the blinds, although Niall had more chips than God so he probably would have called anyway.

Not to worry, €800 for 5th and played the cash game for an another 2hours for a nice profit.

You forgot to include Paul Fish at the starting table aswel! It was a tough table but a good one too. Beats sitting with a complete load of donkeys that cant fold a hand. God day overall for yourself too. Cash game was fun, as was trying to tilt Paul Fish:D

Ul Oz and Opr not to go deeper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Flushdraw wrote:
    You forgot to include Paul 'Tesco' Fish at the starting table aswel! It was a tough table but a good one too. Beats sitting with a complete load of donkeys that cant fold a hand. God day overall for yourself too. Cash game was fun, as was trying to tilt Paul Fish:D

Ul Oz and Opr not to go deeper

FYP.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Is the Tesco a reference to the fact that he is great valoooooooo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Shortstack wrote:
    FYP.

LOL that was funny! Some bloke was giving him stick about the shirt he was wearing and telling him to go back to tescos lol!

Advertisement