Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GJP €300 Freezout - Boyne Valley, Sunday May 13th

Options
  • 11-05-2007 7:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭

Time flies! We are back again with the last one of these before the Festival.

Boyne Valley Hotel, Dublin Road, Drogheda
    Scheduled start time 2.30pm
    €265 + €35 includes food
    Fully Dealer Dealt
    TD: Brian Lannon
    8000 starting chips

All levels 40 minutes

25/50
    50/100
    75/150
    100/200
    100/200 + 25 ante
    150/300 + 25 ante
    200/400 + 50 ante
    300/600 + 50 ante
    400/800 + 75 ante
    500/1000 + 75 ante
    600/1200 + 100 ante
    800/1600 + 100 ante
    1000/2000 + 100 ante
    1200/2400 + 200 ante
    1500/3000 + 300 ante
    2000/4000 + 300 ante
    3000/6000 + 400 ante
    4000/8000 + 400 ante
    5000/10000 + 500 ante
    6000/12000 + 500 ante
    8000/16000 + 1000 ante
    10000/20000 + 1000 ante
    12000/24000 + 2000 ante
    15000/30000 + 2000 ante

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Shortstack wrote:
    Time flies! We are back again with the last one of these before the Festival.

I was just thinking the exact same thing!! Cant believe this is around again! I'll be there though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Shortstack wrote:
    TD: Brian Lannon

Mike does this mean that you are providing an overlay?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,506 ✭✭✭Shortstack

Mike does this mean that you are providing an overlay?

I will most likely be playing - depends on numbers. However as one of the few players in this tournament with a 100% Final table record I am not sure that it is an overlay :)

Shortstack wrote:
    I will most likely be playing - depends on numbers. However as one of the few players in this tournament with a 100% Final table record I am not sure that it is an overlay :)

I also have a 100% FT record. Played 7 and never made it that far :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭dacman

The dinner I had there the last time I went was the nicest dinner I had all year. :D . I wont make it this time however.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

You not thinking of trying to make it?! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

is oscar dealing/playing this!? i might play it if he is! :p what % is given out as tickets!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

With 2 weeks to go to the festival how are the numbers looking Mike? I think that Boardsies should try and promote this event. It is exceptionally good value for money. I know there is alot of festivals in May so I hope the numbers in this don't suffer.

Anyway see you on Sunday Mike. hopefully i'll last longer this month, im having a disaster at the moment in Drogheeeda tournaments... Hope the Joe Show is promoting this aswell, as his grand opener for his new club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

few of us heading up for this sunday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

you say you always make the final table mike, but not necessarily the cash - would i be right?

if BCB goes we'l have enough overlay, think ill contribute to the prizepool too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭ozpoker

What time does this start? 2:00? How about directions? Is it right off the motorway?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I am possibly in.

semibluff wrote:

Its a toss up between this and Leopardstown.

ozpoker wrote:
    What time does this start? 2:00? How about directions? Is it right off the motorway?

Thanks!

Take the exit signposted 'Drogheda South' before you get to toll plaza. It is on your right coming into Drogheda, if you get to the Balck Bull pub you have gone too far.

semibluff wrote:
    you say you always make the final table mike, but not necessarily the cash - would i be right?

100% in the money as opposed to Tom who is 100% not reached the dinner break :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Shortstack wrote:
    100% in the money as opposed to Tom who is 100% not reached the dinner break :)

Are you up in Dublin at all this weekend Mike? I owe Brian a few bob I want to pay off.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

And you are where on the Boards MTT league scoreboard after how many tries?? :p

btw... 1 data point is a very poor sample set to extrapolate from... :p

DeV.

feeder for this at 9 - needs 5 players

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

feeder for this at 9 - needs 5 players

Nah i already won my seat:cool: .

Better hit the sack soon and get a couple of hours kip before this. I may need a lift if theres one going. Smurph? Joe?

Right should squeeze 2 and half hours kip in. Be back at 1230 to see whos going to this. Ipoker omaha donkeys suck...had a nice 3 hour session until i lost 80% profit in the last 15 mins boooooo!!

• Advertisement

wel, im going to this, leaving dublin bout 1 from city centre if anyone wants a lift, cant guarantee a lift home though, ill be going as soon as my chips do!

drop a txt if anyone wants a lift

semibluff wrote:
    wel, im going to this, leaving dublin bout 1 from city centre if anyone wants a lift, cant guarantee a lift home though, ill be going as soon as my chips do
    drop a txt if anyone wants a lift

Cheers Donal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

any updates on this?

no of runners etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Think there were 42 runners, semibluff and smurph in last 15 about 2 hours ago .. I think Mike played (for a short while ;))

40 players. Still going on, 6 left.

Smurph
    Niall 'The Poet' Murphy
    John Lavin
    Frank McCormack
    Owen Mullen
    Paul Campbell
    OPR was 7th for €300.

I played for a level and a half, flush draw hit against me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Myself, Flushdraw, Paddy Tobin, nicnicnic all out early so we played rather loose in a cash game as a change up to our very tight tournament game that went wrong you see.

played one hand terribly bad -

Limped UTG with AQoff - had been raising alot from this position and didnt fancy gettin re-raised OOP with ths hand. got raised to 1k by guy with bout 12k (i had 20K)
    Back to me, i re-raised to 3.5k, expected to take it down. Got hesitant call. Planned to bet any flop and take it down - but flop came Q high (Q95)- thank god, so now what?? Convinced im miles ahead i planned on betting it out until his speech play led me to think if i check he'l bet (ARRRRRGH) so i do, he checks, turn a J
    I think enough of this fancy $hit, and bet the majority of his stack, he re raises all in - i ask did he hit his J - yeh! he's got JJ. What a donkey play!

Later on, ship it on the button into only the blinds with Q8soooooted, for 10*bb, get called by 66, flop an 8 , turn spade river spade, he has 6of spades - end of!

enjoyed it though!

Just back from this. Smurph got 5th. Niall the crazy poet took it down. Didnt last too long myself. Lost a few K early on when i had to lay down QQ on a 9752 board against smurph.

Had 8.5k when blinds were 75/150. Raised to 450 with Q2. Flop was Qxx all clubs. I bet, BB raises and i push. He calls with AcKx and hits clubs. Put him on a draw but didnt think it was that strong.

Cash game was pretty tasty. Was in for €300 and cashed out €1600 so i paid for my GJP festival ticket. Decent day overall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Flushdraw wrote:
    Just back from this. Smurph got 5th. Niall the crazy poet took it down. Didnt last too long myself. Lost a few K early on when i had to lay down QQ on a 9752 board against smurph.

Had 8.5k when blinds were 75/150. Raised to 450 with Q2. Flop was Qxx all clubs. I bet, BB raises and i push. He calls with AcKx and hits clubs. Put him on a draw but didnt think it was that strong.

Cash game was pretty tasty. Was in for €300 and cashed out €1600 so i paid for my GJP festival ticket. Decent day overall

Your becoming a bit of a shark on the cash tables mate, wp

Really miss this event as its great value and good day, but love my Sunday night online. Wp Smurph.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Really enjoyed this. I don't really play many live tournaments. Such a good structure and really well ran tournament.

Well done to Nial he was great fun to have at the table and had some good battles with him.
    He layed down a hand against me when i was sure he was pot commited to calling. Even if he didn't feel he was i had shown a few big bluffs during the day and i thought that would sway him to calling.
    I raised with 33 to 1100 and only Nial called on the button. Flop came Ks3s2d. I bet out 2500 he called turn was a 2c and i bet out 3500 and he called river was a Js and i bet out 6. I think he had about 11 left at the time and after an age he folded saying later he had AK.

Disgusted with my exit hand. Don't think i have ever made a worse call in my life. Down to the last 7 and we have agreed that 7th will get thier money back.

Blinds 1000/2000 2 limpers one on the button , i complete the small blind with 7c8c. I have about 34,000 at the start of the hand.

Flop comes 7,8,J and i bet out 4000 , BB folds , First limper flat calls and guy on the button goes all in and i in a complete rush of blood to the head don't even think for a second and INSTA calls :eek:

He had J,8 and that was all she wrote.

Nice to meet a few of the Davids.

Opr

Advertisement