Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Residential Information Pack 2007: cutlery stealing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭littlehedgehog

Fishie! I remember Croc Dundee. I think I cried with PAIN at how bad it was.
    I don't think I ever turned on a cooker.. I think I was scared they'd find out..!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭slasher_65

Never had much need to turn on the cooker. Just made cheese and ham tosties with the toaster. (you get these crazy little baggy things and place all your ingrediants in them, and WHAMMO! Cheese and ham tostie!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

haha, i survived on them and capri suns back in the day... amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I cooked Koka noodles in my kettle. Now *there* was an accident waiting to happen! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I cooked Koka noodles on my cooker. : )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Hehe I cooked koka noodles with the kettle and used a comb to stir them as I had no fork :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Crazy, one time I used a fork to get my hair in order as I had no comb. That was in college rather than CTYI though...

Always wanted to try the Egg in a kettle approach. Could you boil potatoes in the kettle? How about boiled ham?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Jack Lynch

Steer clear of eggs in the microwave. Really.

I always make eggs in the microwave. o.O Well, if they're scrambled. Boiled is better done with boiling water.

• Advertisement

No more microwaves to try that in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭TalkISCheap

Made coffee in a halved Coke bottle, it melted.... Oh, and I had a stirring hangar, for Pot noodles... :p

I must try some of these ideas out next year.

How about noodles in the kettle? Would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,267 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You crazy kids ... giving away all your ideas on the interwebulator.

If you like limescaley noodles... kettles aren't exactly clean. Anyway, the students probably use them to make heroin during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It IS DCU after all...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Drugs Campus University.

I just made that up right there on the spot. Clever, aren't I?

Well, I will head down to Argus and get myself a €15 kettle. (I will of course raise the funds by doing peoples homework for them, as in the CTYI tradition)
    Magicadee-Magicadoo, clean kettle!

We should make a CTYI cookbook. Things such as 'Corbalicious' Brownies', no bakc chocolate cake and Kettle noodles.

On a side note, if you made a sort of collender device and put it in the kettle, you could stop the noodles from touching the bottem.

Somebody collect the recipies, i will get the book printed.

CTYI Sink Jelly

Ingredients:

Sachets of instant jelly
    Water
    A sink
    A plug (don't forget it. It's quite important)

Step 1: Go to Santry on the first weekend of CTYI
    Step 2: Go up to the Chivers truck and collect as many sachets of instant jelly as you can
    -Tip; For a nice pre-cinema snack, why not also collect some jelly pots.#

Step 3: Put the plug in the sink
    Step 4: Fill the sink with water
    Step 5: Empty the sachets into the sink
    Step 6: Leave to stand for a few days
    Step 7: After a few days have passed, marvel at how much your jelly looks like jellyfish/pink sperm, and how you may have put in too much water
    Step 8: Attempt to clean the sink the day before CTYI ends, because the cleaners have refused to go into your kitchen since your 'cookery experiment' began.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

I'm trying to think, and tragically, I don't think I ever made anything in my kitchen in CTYI apart from hot chocolate and tea and other normal things using more or less the normal utensils.

How awful... must do better this year. The trouble is, I actually think the canteen food isn't that bad, so the motivation (aka starvation) just isn't there.

Yummy to sink Jelly.

Does CTYI have a wiki of its own yet? Wikipedia keep killing out entries. It would also be a lot easier and cheaper for everyone involved if we just put up our own wiki.

I'm working on it.

(the CTY people have made a darn good wiki with things such as 'overheard at CTY, only at CTY, {that one is so very funny} and couse discriptions) so basicly everything we tried on wikipedia which was taken down. I belive that it is at http://www.realcty.org/ )

I would be willing to host this for ever, (or until my dreamhosting package screwed up) but is you lot want a .com domain name, go buy it yourselfs (then PM me)
    Give me a few days to get this up and running. If people like the sound of it, I will make a new topic asking people to fatten it out a bit.

The Wiki is created. Its still in early stages, so please submit quotes, course details and recipes. (Have not made a recipie page yet. How about making a different page for each recipe? That sounds like a nice idea)

If anybody feels like creating a simple Logo for the wiki, PM me.

http://www.viewfromthequad.com/ctyi

If people like this idea, will make a new thread about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Thursday*

It looks great!

It should be shamelessly advertised at CTYI this year.

Yes. Yes it should. Am gonna go create a new thread about it.

The reason Wikipedia keeps deleting chunks of the CTYI entry is because people get retarded and just edit it to include their favourite memories and things they did and who were their friends and such bollocks. Wikipedia is meant to be informative.

True True..
    And now they can post their favorite memories to the correct section of CTYIwiki. (If anybody has a cleverer name, let me know.)

How about iwik. Seeing as CTYI should be called ICTY.

Apple probably have it trademarked already.

• Advertisement

Apple probably have it trademarked already.

Yup. Their innovative candle which will change the way we have romantic dinners for ever.

Advertisement