Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot €20 .. may 10th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

You should've seen the hand I tripped up with. 500/1000. I've about 13k. I tried a steal with 95o on the cutoff, raised to 4k, got 2 callers, button and BB. Flop is 9J5, BB bets 7k, I push, button calls, BB pushes, button had flush draw hoping to knock 2 people out at the same time, and BB had top pair and I triple up O_o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

DITTag wrote:
    Uber aggressive and neva I mean neva slow down.... Advice from a two time champion

I take that back... do slow down, even just a little bit

I'll be there again next week going for 3rd payout in 3 visits to Jackpot btw :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

AKQJ10 wrote:
    i cudnt believe that play you made. blinds 150/300. i make it 1300 after there is a limper with A10. id been playin unusually tight till now aswell. mp calls. cooker shoves for 4700. think about for ages and call pretty sure its just a squeeze. rob has k7 and rivers a k. at least squeeze with a hand that shouldnt be dominated like 78s or somethin. i came back in later though after tripod. and spun 150 to 800 so cant complain

It wasn't about the cards, what hasn't been pointed out yet was that the bb was away so was up for grabs so I thought your range was much wider so thought I could get away with it, actually in retrospect the other guy calling should have stopped me because he was a big calling station all night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,397 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

AT is never ahead of any range there anyway at best 60-40.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

AT is never ahead of any range there anyway at best 60-40.

I much prefer the shove with K7 than the call with AT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

how when you have him specificly on a hand like 67, 78. if i feel he's squeezing u think i shud just fold for 3k to win 7? i know rob thinks im gonna fold anything but AQ+ JJ+

AKQJ10 wrote:
    how when you have him specificly on a hand like 67, 78. if i feel he's squeezing u think i shud just fold for 3k to win 7? i know rob thinks im gonna fold anything but AQ+ JJ+

Whaaa? After he shoves, there is 3350 in the pot and it is 3400 more to you to call. Essentially laying you 2 / 1.

Is his range really that fcuking wide here that you specifically assume he has 67 // 78? (wow :eek: ) If it is, then there is no real point discussing this or any hand from that game - because you are all wasting each others time.

Rob - if he can put you on that wide a range then you can never, ever, never push K7 in that spot. Because he has to call you with his entire rasing range - thus making your play a big loser.

And Mark, if that is his range (i.e top 705 of hands) then I apologise for my initial comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

rob squeezes way too much, and it's pretty obvious when he does it, plus he picks awful hands with no equity. last time I played him I called his shove with kq ffs, a10 is a monster!

Rob is addicted to squeeze play... Rob would jump at every chance he can if he sences weekness which is alot in the Thursday game.

• Advertisement

DITTag wrote:
    Rob is addicted to squeeze play... Rob would jump at every chance he can if he sences weekness which is alot in the Thursday game.

I wouldn't consider Mark a soft spot to do it against. My God.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

he probably knew that, he knows that i know he nots weak, so I should squeeze, so that means i can squeeze, as he knows I shouldn't,
    but if he knows this then he can call, argh,

Mellor wrote:
    he probably knew that, he knows that i know he nots weak, so I should squeeze, so that means i can squeeze, as he knows I shouldn't,
    but if he knows this then he can call, argh,

Exactly my thoughts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    I much prefer the shove with K7 than the call with AT.

Agreed.

But if you are a serial "squeezer" why not wait until you have the goods?

The squeeze in theory is good, but if that transparent then i dont like it.

AS for the call - with the player involvled i presume you can rule out a stronger A, and pockets over 10 10 , so the call is fine, with the money in the pot you could be slightly ahead, or racing (small pkts) or slightly behind. Either way if the read and betting patterns of the squeezer is correct id call too.

you dont need to have him on such a narrow range 78,98 to call, k10, kj, 99, 44, all these hands your in decent shape against

semibluff wrote:
    Agreed.

But if you are a serial "squeezer" why not wait until you have the goods?

The squeeze in theory is good, but if that transparent then i dont like it.

AS for the call - with the player involvled i presume you can rule out a stronger A, and pockets over 10 10 , so the call is fine, with the money in the pot you could be slightly ahead, or racing (small pkts) or slightly behind. Either way if the read and betting patterns of the squeezer is correct id call too.

you dont need to have him on such a narrow range 78,98 to call, k10, kj, 99, 44, all these hands your in decent shape against

Agree - see my later posts!! A10 apparantly crushes his range. :rolleyes:

yeh, it was the thinking that he was MILES ahead thats the funny bit - drogh tomoro lloyd? think myself and P tobin could be there

semibluff wrote:
    yeh, it was the thinking that he was MILES ahead thats the funny bit - drogh tomoro lloyd? think myself and P tobin could be there

Possibly. If Jeff goes I will definately go.

i might be driving from dublin, if so ill let u know -

semibluff wrote:
    i might be driving from dublin, if so ill let u know -

If that is the case fire us a text tomorrow morning. Cheers.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Neo... wrote:
    You've downgraded to monging people now Dem? Better than being Tar, he's getting consistantly monged.
    If dem can cash in this, anybody can. :p

It is just getting ridiculous how much people are monging me in the last few weeks. It's actually depressing, especially as with the other night, where I won one hand all night and I was going in ahead every time.
    kk vs q4, aa vs q2 who calls an all-in with that? You? ;)
    etc.
    I need some sort of ridiculous good run to make up for this, with every night people saying they have never seen somebody so unlucky.
    Oh well, happens.

• Advertisement

It amuses me that my re-raising range is bigger then my raising range it seems for some people.

Phantom, I was doing that at dcu pokersoc, I was just taking the piss all night, I wasn't playing properly so that game doesn't exactly say much about how I normally play.

Mark is right in terms that I thought he would fold something like AT although tbh I thought his range was fairly big considering the bb was away.

But meh, might have to cut it back if people are calling me so light.

If dem can cash in this, anybody can. :p

It is just getting ridiculous how much people are monging me in the last few weeks. It's actually depressing, especially as with the other night, where I won one hand all night and I was going in ahead every time.
    kk vs q4, aa vs q2 who calls an all-in with that? You? ;)
    etc.
    I need some sort of ridiculous good run to make up for this, with every night people saying they have never seen somebody so unlucky.
    Oh well, happens.
    lol g'way you! :p I was playing pretty solid until the end!

And cooker3 I pretty much gifted you first place :p I'll be taking that first place next week, I assure you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

couldnt make it thursday. but i'll win it next week i suppose

DEmeant0r wrote:
    And cooker3 I pretty much gifted you first place :p I'll be taking that first place next week, I assure you :D

Well my strategy was to try make it go on as long as I can as you made it clear you wanted it out and wait for a double up which you duely obliged :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

LuckyLloyd wrote:
    Whaaa? After he shoves, there is 3350 in the pot and it is 3400 more to you to call. Essentially laying you 2 / 1.

Is his range really that fcuking wide here that you specifically assume he has 67 // 78? (wow :eek: ) If it is, then there is no real point discussing this or any hand from that game - because you are all wasting each others time.

Rob - if he can put you on that wide a range then you can never, ever, never push K7 in that spot. Because he has to call you with his entire rasing range - thus making your play a big loser.

And Mark, if that is his range (i.e top 705 of hands) then I apologise for my initial comment.

Im never ever calling if i dont think im ahead with a very marginal A10. Its just that ive seen him do it more often lately as everyone talks of him as a very tight player so he feels it will get through. i know im never gonna be a massive favourite unless i have him dominated but ill take a shot at getting chips in that game.

Also i wasnt saying i purely had him on 67, 78 or similar. i just literally felt he had any two in this spot. i just said those as it would have been a better choice of hand to squeeze with imo.

Advertisement