Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jackpot €20 .. may 10th

Options
  • 10-05-2007 2:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭

anyone!? yes no maybe so!? im planning on going, as is aodea i think.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Play the emporium FFS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭ITT-Pat

ye i'll be headin in tonite. I need to win it tonite to reclaim my title as ........ eh ........."guy with the best record in this tounament" which you took away from me last week!

DONT PLAY THE EMPORIUM FFS!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

three time champion.. na na na na NA!

(to be sung to the theme of "Sven Goran Erikson... tra la la la LA!")

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

same dilemma as last night exams or poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

study or poker?
    study or poker?
    daddy or chips?

• Advertisement

donal at the 20 game!??! whats going on!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

il be there. jeff i thought of a new last longest for this tourney. for every level u get through the other person pays 2euro. u on for this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

pros and cons

study: meh only cons

poker: the pros have it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

never again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

I'll be heading, will be aiming for 2nd cash in 2 tournament tries in Jackpot :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

lol im determined to find some form of a winning strategy for this one :rolleyes:

the first tournament I played just over a year ago was the freeroll in the merrion... one of the guys that was at my table at that was playing in the jackpot last week.

yep, so in a year I went from freeroll-->io. in the same time that guy went from, freeroll--> to em...20yoyo fe in the jackpot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

off your high horse

nah, I'm quite comfortable tyvm :p

• Registered Users Posts: 36,133 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bubbleking wrote:
    lol im determined to find some form of a winning strategy for this one :rolleyes:

You must win the first pot you play that isn't your blinds. Remember that. It is very important.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

bubbleking wrote:
    In the 1983 movie "War Games," Matthew Broderick plays a young man that finds a back door into a military central computer, in which reality is confused with game-playing, possibly starting World War III. In the end, the military computer says, "A strange game. The only winning move is not to play"

The same idea can be applied to the Jackpot 20 F/O, the best winning strategy is not to play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 263 ✭✭DITTag

bubbleking wrote:

Uber aggressive and neva I mean neva slow down.... Advice from a two time champion

The best strategy is to deal. You don't pay in and it forces you to be tight(like I need an excuse though)
    So it's win win!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Im gonna donate to this tonight... should be fun, had an almighty stinker last nite so lookin to reconcile.

Idiot at my cash table dumped a grand onto the table. Picked up kings twice and both times an ace flopped and I had to concede.... pissin me off

cooker3 wrote:
    The best strategy is to deal. You don't pay in and it forces you to be tight(like I need an excuse though)
    So it's win win!

See, I do know what I am talking about.
    2 wins in a month \o/

• Advertisement

player 1: all in
    player 2: all in
    player 3: all in
    cooker3: well i have AA so i call...

luckbox

ditpoker wrote:
    player 1: all in
    player 2: all in
    player 3: all in
    cooker3: well i have AA so i call...

luckbox

Hey there was only 2 others all in and they went all in after I re-raised which is crazy as Mark will tell you, I only re-raise with the nuts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

ditpoker wrote:
    donal at the 20 game!??! whats going on!?

I didnt study in college, so i wouldnt start now that im finished! no i was just referring to those who were caught "idir dha comhairle" about playing or not, was running an event last night myself.

I finished 2nd in this. I do apologise for those of you whom I monged last night in getting to the finish :D:p

DEmeant0r wrote:
    I finished 2nd in this. I do apologise for those of you whom I monged last night in getting to the finish :D:p

Man, you had an impressive ability to river people :)

If the final table was earlier say 1am or 12.30am I would've played properly, the final table started at 2am was it? my brain told me to feck off at that stage. :D:D

Oh yeah, the dealer must've loved me, giving me so many rivers :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

DEmeant0r wrote:
    If the final table was earlier say 1am or 12.30am I would've played properly, the final table started at 2am was it? my brain told me to feck off at that stage. :D:D

Oh yeah, the dealer must've loved me, giving me so many rivers :D:D
    You've downgraded to monging people now Dem? Better than being Tar, he's getting consistantly monged.

i cudnt believe that play you made. blinds 150/300. i make it 1300 after there is a limper with A10. id been playin unusually tight till now aswell. mp calls. cooker shoves for 4700. think about for ages and call pretty sure its just a squeeze. rob has k7 and rivers a k. at least squeeze with a hand that shouldnt be dominated like 78s or somethin. i came back in later though after tripod. and spun 150 to 800 so cant complain

AKQJ10 wrote:
    i cudnt believe that play you made. blinds 150/300. i make it 1300 after there is a limper with A10. id been playin unusually tight till now aswell. mp calls. cooker shoves for 4700. think about for ages and call pretty sure its just a squeeze. rob has k7 and rivers a k. at least squeeze with a hand that shouldnt be dominated like 78s or somethin. i came back in later though after tripod. and spun 150 to 800 so cant complain

your a sick b&^&*^d!!! AK vs marks 2-3... flop a45... jambag!

• Advertisement

you wanna have seen the hand that happened later. raised to ten im mp two callers i make 45 on the button with 8s9s. two callers. flop is 7s 10s Jh. first guy bets out 100 next guy shoves for 225 i call other guy folds (how unlucky can i get) the guy who pushed had QsJs.

Advertisement