Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men watching soaps? WTF?

Options
  • 08-05-2007 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭

Right, brothers, what's the opinion about "men" who watch soaps. As mentioned briefly in another thread, soaps were designed to take the wimmen folk out of their everyday humdrum existence and into the exciting and glamorous world of Coronation Street (WTF) or Albert Square (WTF again). In short, they were designed to get wimmen to shut their mouths for short periods (hence the 25 minute format), so as us men can get a brief moment to mull over the day's events (while still awake).

But men who watch soaps?

No! This is an abomination! Men were not designed for such things, and soaps were not designed for men!

End of rant.

Carry on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I caught a few of the brothers at work watching Emerdale Farm this evening! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Soaps - the very reason I surf the internet nightly. Any man who watches soaps needs his head examined. The only excuse for watching soaps is that the remote control is on the other side of the room - at which point any self respecting male should get off the couch and head for the pub.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

soaps can be good for two reasons, 1. it keeps her indoors quiet and 2. we get to ogle fine wimmin, katie in emmerdale in jodpurs....

• Registered Users Posts: 24,967 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

crosstownk wrote:
    Soaps - the very reason I surf the internet nightly
    It gets suspiciously quiet here between 7 and 8pm!

It gets suspiciously quiet here between 7 and 8pm!

True - I hope it's becuse most brothers are in their local pub. Watching soaps would be a mortal sin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

soaps can be good for two reasons, 1. it keeps her indoors quiet and 2. we get to ogle fine wimmin, katie in emmerdale in jodpurs....

Surely this deserves a ban? :p

"Fine wimmen" are not found acting in soaps! Them's all slappers.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,103 ✭✭✭✭unkel

And much fitter wimmens are to be found on the interweb within 25s, not 25m

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Grolschevik

Good god! It seems I've stumbled into an outtake of Last of the Summer Wine! So which of you eejits is Compo? By gum. Etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Teh aussie soaps have some good looking wimmen, and I treat the actual programme as research for when I (finally) finish in college-so far I have learned that women regularly wear bikinis and everyone lives near the beach. I'm sure it will be just as shown.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,284 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brothers Admiral and Brian have made some outlandish claims in a pathetic attempt to justify their wimmin-like behaviour. At the very least they should have provided photographic evidence to support their claims so that the Brethren may decide for themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭trout

The only soaps I care to deal with are those soap-on-a-rope jobbies from the 80's which form a living exhibit from Pa Trout's era of tacky Christmas presents.

Hai Karate anyone ? http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:vV4LJOpv4Ri-DM:http://www.katescaringgifts.com/images/products/soaps/CVN/soap_on_a_rope.jpg

Mrs trout likes to watch soaps, and I actively encourage this. She can watch soaps on her own telly in the back room, while I gorge on EuroSport, Sky, Bravo or Discovery Turbo ... I believe there are other channels, but I have yet to see them myself.

Trout's top marriage tips # 1 ... have more than one telly in the house!

I have recently hit a watershed in televisual and family life ... trout junior is now old enough to fetch beer from the fridge ... ah ... life is sweet. :) *slurps*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

"Soap ! Soap ! We don' need no stinkin' soap" :D

Their only valid reason is because she keeps quiet between 7 and 9 !

Bliss :D

zaph wrote:
    Brothers Admiral and Brian have made some outlandish claims in a pathetic attempt to justify their wimmin-like behaviour. At the very least they should have provided photographic evidence to support their claims so that the Brethren may decide for themselves.

sexy,0.jpg

0,,5209260,00.jpg

user1631_1154079837.jpg

Brothers, the evidence!!!

Who is this fine wimmin specimen? Am I to assume that she is a soap actor? If so which one? Does she have a late night chat number? Can she get beer from a fridge on demand? Can she give good <censored>?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

sexy,0.jpg

0,,5209260,00.jpg

user1631_1154079837.jpg

Brothers, the evidence!!!

Surely these wimmin can be found also on the inter-web?:cool:

But then you'll miss out jiggling and bikinis and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Darren1o1

But then you'll miss out jiggling and bikinis and whatnot.
    Thats what you think;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

http://www.tartydoris.com is a fine source for soapy wimmin

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

i dont watch soaps unless, i have a hangover on a saturday and the remote is at the other side of the room ............but i remember sharing a house with three blokes who would get very upset if they missed eastenders or emmerdale - there were many memorable occassions of a doors being slammed and picture things falling off walls ...........

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

irishbird wrote:
    there were many memorable occassions of a doors being slammed and picture things falling off walls ...........

what a b!tch :rolleyes:

Brothers, what's with all this soap talk and nonesense trying to justify your reasons for watching it with photos of soap actors! They may be hot but jaysus unless you are watching it with mute on then I think ye have some serious issues... a trip over to PI is on order for you lot!! Oh, if only this forum had been made private and we could post links... you wouldn't think twice of turning on that crap! I'm off to the bar for a pint!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Nonsense! I like Cornation Street's gritty portrayal of the harsh realities of working class life in the North of England. They are simply folk who enjoy a pint of bitter and pork scratchings after a hard days work in't mine. Its in a completely different league than the vacuous fluff-fest that is Home and away. Without Coronation street we wouldn't have such paragons of manliness as Jack Duckworth and Percy Sugdon to model ourselves on.

jackrovers1.jpg

"I loves bitter me"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

<snip> Brothers, the evidence!!!
    If you are going to oggle unattainable women, you should be oggling them performing cunnilingus on each other out on the interweb like a real man. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Nonsense! I like Cornation Street's gritty portrayal of the harsh realities of working class life in the North of England. They are simply folk who enjoy a pint of bitter and pork scratchings after a hard days work in't mine. Its in a completely different league than the vacuous fluff-fest that is Home and away. Without Coronation street we wouldn't have such paragons of manliness as Jack Duckworth and Percy Sugdon to model ourselves on.

jackrovers1.jpg

"I loves bitter me"

Keep that up and you'll be adding a 2nd line to your sig:
    10/05/07 - Banned from BGRH - for being a wimman! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

just playing devil's advocate...

(No seriously, I don't watch Corrie)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

If you watch soaps, do the honourable thing and come forward, to be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,130 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Better still, you should fall on your sword, or at least a steak knife. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭japjap

Once, myself and the brother were having a beer and a conversation in a city cenre pub when we were told to SHHHH because easenders was on.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭japjap

We drank up and left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

japjap wrote:
    Once, myself and the brother were having a beer and a conversation in a city cenre pub when we were told to SHHHH because easenders was on.

For shame.

• Advertisement

Quiet vegetarian!!! :cool:

Advertisement