Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Lack of racetracks in Ireland leading to speeding?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭rowanh

You may be right, i am pulling figures out of my head with no actual research.

At the same time any ads ive seen for car based days of any sort like shows etc are always very expensive. Also i might be wrong but i think its hard to book mondello for track days as there is more demand than availabiliy, create a better track and charge the same amount and it would make sense that it would be busy though i guess mondello would have .

Also im thinking of something quite big, maybe it would be more practical to make somehting smaller than modello as opposed to something like an international GT track. I could see something big that requires a massive initial investment making more money.

Market research is what would need to be done though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,897 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

hi5 wrote:
    This is a defeatist mentality which could be applied to anything and then nothing would ever get done.
    There are thousands of car enthusiasts in Ireland thats an awfull lot of votes to be lost or gained depending on what you give or dont give!
    How much does the Government give to the GAA for Croake Park?
    It's realistic, the insurance is the killer. And I was only pointing out that in the UK they have miles of unused runways. Are there any unused runways in Ireland or industrial parks with surfaces of 1/2 mile or longer that aren't earmarked for housing ?

Lots of votes - no use unless those people vote and even then no use unless there are enough to swing seats. Find out how many jobs Mondello created.

The GAA could swing votes, they got €30m with no strings.

Advertisement