Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Hands documentary series

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Guys, distilling your own poitín is illegal. Please don't post any more links or instructions on how to make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

There's a film directed by Bob Quinn called Poitin. Made in the late 1970s. Shown on TG4 a few years back along with a documentary on Cinegael.

http://www.conamara.org/

• Company Representative Posts: 328 Verified rep BlanchLibrary

For info. -

The full "Hands" Series is available for borrowing in Blanchardstown Library.

Blanchardstown Library is located at the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
    Opening Hours:
    Mon - Thurs 10am -8.30pm
    Fri-Sat 10am-5pm

Ph. 890 5563 for more info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Found the full series available to buy here:

http://www.irelandstraditionalcrafts.com/boxed%20sets.htm

150e:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,805 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Overblood wrote: »

150e:eek:
    What do you mean 150e:eek:?
    The box set is worth every penny. Probably the best thing RTE have ever shown, on so many levels. Although the €750 package is a rip off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 1170

Overblood wrote: »

Wow finally available. Thanks so much for posting the link :) I have to agree with you its expensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Skillie

love this show but €150 is a lot of money for a set of DVD's. anyone know if RTE are showing this again or plan to? will have the Sky+ ready

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Deidinn

I saw it for sale in the IFI last week for the princely sum of €150. What's that about? Right enough there are 10 DVDs, but still.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

For info. -

The full "Hands" Series is available for borrowing in Blanchardstown Library.

Blanchardstown Library is located at the Blanchardstown Shopping Centre.
    Opening Hours:
    Mon - Thurs 10am -8.30pm
    Fri-Sat 10am-5pm

Ph. 890 5563 for more info.

€150 is steep. Worth it though.....

Think I'll just rent it from Blanch Library for free though! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 accony

Deidinn wrote: »
    I saw it for sale in the IFI last week for the princely sum of €150. What's that about? Right enough there are 10 DVDs, but still.

There are actually 14 DVDs in the set and as said previously this isn't a blockbuster boxed set selling thousands of copies. Bear in mind it's a very small business dealing in quantities of 10s and 20s so the cost of getting these DVDs produced is high. The quest for perfection by David Shaw-Smith is a factor in the cost as he always wants the best quality and usually this doesn't come cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,648 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Hi David!

Loving your work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 bodiddly27

I've seen it in a cool little <SNIP> ... Think you can buy it on there website too...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,453 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

bodiddly27 wrote: »
    I've seen it in a <SNIP>... Think you can buy it on there website too...

Signed,
    The Owner of said establishment.

Please don't dig up old threads to push your wares. Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement