Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€250 May Bank Holiday Monday Freezeout, Est €20,000. Red Cow Hotel

Options
  • 02-05-2007 2:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭

1. Who is running this tournament, JP Poker
    2. The purpose of the event, Commericial
    3. Monday 7th May, The Red Cow Hotel
    4. Reg 1pm, Game 2pm
    5. Any prerequisites, none.
    6. Tickets can be bought on the day, no maximum number of players
    7. NL Hold’em
    8. Buy In €250 (€215 Prize pool, €35 Reg fee this includes dinner)
    9. Starting chips 10000
    10. 40 Min Blinds

25-50
    50-100
    75-150
    100-200
    150-300

Break 10 Min, Chip Race 25

200-400
    300-600
    400-800
    500-1000
    800-1500

Dinner Break 40 Min, Chip Up

1000-2000
    1000-2000 100 Ante
    1500-3000 100 Ante
    2000-4000 200 Ante
    3000-6000 300 Ante
    4000-8000 400 Ante

Break 10 Min, Chip Race 100

5000-10000 500 Ante
    6000-12000 500 Ante
    7500-15000 500 Ante
    10000-20000 1000 Ante Frozen Until Finished

Depending on total chip count, players left and average chip stack to blinds and antes the clock may be frozen a lot earlier, we will also repeat levels if the game is going fast.

11. Professional Dealers on all Tables
    12. JP Mc Cann is TD
    13. TD has last say
    14. A set of rules will be on display

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

any satellites for this JP? what time do they begin?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JP Poker

We'll be there from before 12 so as soon as there is enough people for 1 table sng's we will start them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Hope to make this one JP (I just have to get a pass).......See you Monday hopefully.

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Any other Boardsies playing in this tournament. Excellent structure and what better way to waste away a bank holiday Monday. It's certainly a really well run tournament with JP always willing to change the clock during games.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

happy days-was hoping thered be a decent tourny on monday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭58o

Think i'll head out to this. 2 questions

Is there cash games/alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

think im gonna try my luck at this, jp's games are always quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ooo 2pm start,

I'd have to set an alarm clock to wake that early.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭THEIRISHMOB

Anyone from Waterford goin up to red cow monday?
    Im lookin for a lift....thanks

58o wrote:
    Think i'll head out to this. 2 questions

Is there cash games/alcohol?

Hi 58o,

We currently don't run cash tables, it is something that i have been considering and may do in the future. However we will have 1 Table SnG's and we may also run what has been the normal €120 Monday night game at 8pm for players who are knocked out of the €250 freezeout.

Alcohol is serviced at the Game.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

would this usually get many runners?
    is the "estimated 20k" a fair estimation?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

yeah i think so. the games usually get a minimum of 70 reaching 100 some times. from talking to people during the week i think it will get numbers for 20k

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭pppspecial

there is a good few heading to this today. my guess would be25k prizepool from what im hearing yesterday and 2 day.. good game for sure.

pppspecial wrote:
    there is a good few heading to this today. my guess would be25k prizepool from what im hearing yesterday and 2 day.. good game for sure.

I don't know if they will be willing to make it 2 days....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

I fúcking hope not. If it's two days I can't play it, what with exams and all.
    Your alarm clock went off paul? see you out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

I think u guys have misread PPP's post.

Marq wrote:
    I fúcking hope not. If it's two days I can't play it, what with exams and all.
    Your alarm clock went off paul? see you out there?

yea, got get moving, see u there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Norwich Fan Rob

awake now, might just get up and head in to this

• Advertisement

Just back from this, I absolutely donked myself out of it in the first level by completely overplaying the bullets when my hand was face up.

EP raises to 200, MP calls , adrian(baker1) calls on the button, I reraise to 750. Original raiser folds, MP calls, and baker 1 calls on the button ( wasnt happy about this as my hand is fairly obvious here)

Flop K 10 8. |I lead out for 1500 , mp folds, adrian makes it 4000. The first thing that goes through my head is that he's got 2 pair here i can fold and still have 7000 chips, seconds later all my chips are in the middle anyway!:eek: He calls with 8 10 and the suckout i dont deserve doesnt arrive. Awful play by me with such deepstacks and oop with my hand face up.

Think this had about 70 runners.

I thinks my biggest mistake in relation to this tourney was getting a decent nights sleep beforehand.:rolleyes: I always do much better in these deepstacks when i've done a big 12 hour degenerosession the night before. 2 players on my table were well prepared in this regard. This morning after the Jackpot kicked everyone out at 8am they were involved in hiring one of the dealers for a 3 hour home game followed by pints!

• Registered Users Posts: 39,112 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

I think your being over cricital of the hand, you know that he had no business being in that hand any any point. And if you could of seen his hand you wanted him in it.
    He didn't out play you, he get lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭bottom feeder

58o wrote:

I thinks my biggest mistake in relation to this tourney was getting a decent nights sleep beforehand.:rolleyes: I always do much better in these deepstacks when i've done a big 12 hour degenerosession the night before. 2 players on my table were well prepared in this regard. This morning after the Jackpot kicked everyone out at 8am they were involved in hiring one of the dealers for a 3 hour home game followed by pints!

lol me thinks there's a lot of truth to this,

UL sicko

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

58o wrote:
    Just back from this, I absolutely donked myself out of it in the first level by completely overplaying the bullets when my hand was face up.

EP raises to 200, MP calls , adrian(baker1) calls on the button, I reraise to 750. Original raiser folds, MP calls, and baker 1 calls on the button ( wasnt happy about this as my hand is fairly obvious here)

Flop K 10 8. |I lead out for 1500 , mp folds, adrian makes it 4000. The first thing that goes through my head is that he's got 2 pair here i can fold and still have 7000 chips, seconds later all my chips are in the middle anyway!:eek: He calls with 8 10 and the suckout i dont deserve doesnt arrive. Awful play by me with such deepstacks and oop with my hand face up.

Think this had about 70 runners.

I'd raise more than 750 here Shane. I think you know that you should have folded the flop but brainfarts happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mickste

am actually surprised i passed on the hired dealer home game. double vodka and red bull = -ev for poker

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

mickste wrote:
    am actually surprised i passed on the hired dealer home game. double vodka and red bull = -ev for poker

it would also depend on the dealer aswell mick? it may -ev for poker but it could be the only chance of brining one of them back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭Lazare

58o wrote:

2 players on my table were well prepared in this regard. This morning after the Jackpot kicked everyone out at 8am they were involved in hiring one of the dealers for a 3 hour home game followed by pints!

"Two million bananas - Ship it, ship the sherbet"

jbravadovm4.jpg

Any updates?

one black_poker_chip.jpgplus_sign.gif one tn-rocking-chair-od-sm.jpg = barry-greenstein.jpg(lol, donkaments!)

I won this tournament in the end, just got home.

With 2 tables remaining I shoved AK, the big blind called with KQ. No chance, Queen on the flop.

I was left with one 1k chip, the blinds were at 1k-2k.

Ensue Ninja Poker for comeback!

lol, donkaments! :p:D:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭StraddleFor6

Nice one Paul. Half a blind, ha...sick game. How did Masters do? How much for 1st?

Advertisement