Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jackpot cash games tonight

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Trippie wrote:
    edit.. (didnt realise i had go on for so long)

llyod as i said before we all go through these spells where types of cards are not hitting but yes as you put it appears i have a gambly style and in someways that is through, my pre-flop range is huge i would play every hand if i could see a flop cheap enough however i am drastically tighter from then on and this is something peiople have a hard time believing which is why they pay me off so much, as i play a lot of hands if my ak's and 78's arent hitting because of the amount of hands i play i am bound to be making up for them when i flop something with other types of hands,
    this could also be argued as a serious leak in your game, where you piss away chips oop with less than marginal holdings. its one thing to play a good LAG game which is widely regarded as the most profitable, its another to play Loose-stupid. calling big raises oop is a leak in anyones game, and no matter how much you may think it your (as in ones,not you personally) ability is never as great as you might think post-flop.(myself included)

Also as far as bad runs go, its getting really tiresome hearing about it now lloyd, pretty much everyone goes through it, its just sounds condescending and repetitive now.and you do take beats horribly, maybe if you sorted that out you`d forget about them, focus on your game and the run might change?

Just a few thoughts seein as i know you both personally. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭jbravado

Easy.......

Lloyd I really think you need to approach the game with a little more positivity-start having some fun again-play for a bit of crack-buyin into a cash game and play every hand for two hours.Play a few small buyins and get a win under your belt.You KNOW that this run will end dont obsess about it man.
    Bad beat joe is CONVINCED hes going to lose every race he enters and while Im not saying this mentality affects the outcome it certainly hasnt helped his overall game.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Also as far as bad runs go, its getting really tiresome hearing about it now lloyd, pretty much everyone goes through it, its just sounds condescending and repetitive now.and you do take beats horribly, maybe if you sorted that out you`d forget about them, focus on your game and the run might change?

Wow. Berating someone for being condescending while managing to use a condescending tone. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

I'm nice enough off it however - and will buy you a beer when the opportunity next arises. :)

i know you are and if it came across that i was questioning you off the poker table then i do apologise

and that part of the rant wasnt directed towards you just people in general as it annoys the sh1t out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

this could also be argued as a serious leak in your game, where you piss away chips oop with less than marginal holdings.

Just a few thoughts seein as i know you both personally. :)

i do know it is a weakness to my game however as i said above i dont play serious tourneys anymore and perhaps i will start back playing them soon enough but in tournaments i do play differently and against players which i feel are good players i tighten this part of my game up considerably in order to compete at a higher level however you also have to remember at the moment im playing 1/2plhe in the jackpot whereby it is possible to play every single hand on two tables and still make a profit on the weekends because the standard is that low sometimes

• Advertisement

Trippie wrote:
    i do know it is a weakness to my game however as i said above i dont play serious tourneys anymore and perhaps i will start back playing them soon enough but in tournaments i do play differently and against players which i feel are good players i tighten this part of my game up considerably in order to compete at a higher level however you also have to remember at the moment im playing 1/2plhe in the jackpot whereby it is possible to play every single hand on two tables and still make a profit on the weekends because the standard is that low sometimes
    i agree thats it possible to make a profit, im just saying that you are eating into it unneccessairly if you catch my drift.

Wow. Berating someone for being condescending while managing to use a condescending tone. Nice.
    im saying it for your own good, basically what sam says but a lil colder :) you need a PMA (positive mental attitude).
    if black comes up 5 times, its still 50-50 for red the next time, it doesnt matter that you lost before. dont mean to sound condescending i just think its for your own good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

pffft, if black's after coming up five times, it's on a run and time to leg it over to the roulette table between hands to stick a tenner on!

time to change the handle and location back to normal Lloyd btw...

time to change the handle and location back to normal Lloyd btw...

> .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭semibluff

agree on the PMA front. start playing the game for the sun of it, the 50 freezeout in the SE on sunday or the wed/ mon games. also jackpot 100 game.

go into these with the attitude of trying to play perfect poker. Dont tell anybody about the hands you folded that you shouldnt have, jus sit there and keep smiling (try and act like the pro's we see on the box). Have a few beers before hand, and during break and if you get knocked out early through whatevr reasons meet up with sum1 for a few more beers. You will enjoy it this way, and slowly but surely the run will change.

(this isnt condescending as its half aimed at myself, and any other player who is trying to start enjoying poker more again for whatever reasons)

Trip good luck with your Uber loose calling style, yes everyone needs to play diff - but to make money in the long run, perhaps you should try playing with the odds in your favour.
    although they do say that TAG players win the most often, but LAG players win the most

• Advertisement
Advertisement