Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jackpot cash games tonight

Options
  • 01-05-2007 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭

anyone know what cash games usually on in the jackpot?

is the 1/1 game that was on last night a nightly thing or a once off?

i know the 100 f/o is on but interested mainly in whatever cash games are going.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 909 ✭✭✭AKQJ10

100 f/o only gets 1 table. the 1/1 is only on mondays till 3am. tuesdays will prob only see one cash HE table get going.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

1/2 i assume?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Anyone Playing tonight? I'll be there handing out the dead money like usual. Was there last nite... Nicely profitable game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

the only game in town tonight is the sporting emporium as it is the final of the cash league and there will be loads of tables on the go

Not a member of the sporting, Ive a fair idea who you are now trippie, were you there in the jackpot last nite?

• Advertisement

ye i was sitting directly across from the dealer for the night and made the final table of the tourney, where were you?

Trippie wrote:
    ye i was sitting directly across from the dealer for the night and made the final table of the tourney, where were you?

assuming your the guy who dogged my cowboys with your Q2 in the tourny then?

filth

Ah I was the young lad in the hat beside Paddy. The serious Donk in the green jacket. How much did you finish up? Felt bad for paddy after that audacious j10o bluff.

Ah I was the young lad in the hat beside Paddy. The serious Donk in the green jacket. How much did you finish up? Felt bad for paddy after that audacious j10o bluff.

loved your 2e bet into a pot of like 14 btw

me? that wasnt me... but I am a donkey so am quite capable of it.

• Advertisement

Mr.Plough wrote:
    assuming your the guy who dogged my cowboys with your Q2 in the tourny then?

filth

yep thats me, as i said at the time i was getting 1.8 to 1, so i had to call
    How much did you finish up? Felt bad for paddy after that audacious j10o bluff.

ah he was playing ridiculous, he ended up doing all his tourney win. i ended up 575 so it wasnt too bad
    loved your 2e bet into a pot of like 14 btw
    i dont remember that but it does sound like me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

yeah, can't be folding that hand oop getting thems monster pot odds now can u...

I was gettin outta there fairly lively after payin off Paddy's trip 6's with my queens. I fell in love with that hand... Typical. Still tho ended on 225 not too bad.

yeah, can't be folding that hand oop getting thems monster pot odds now can u...
    it was early in the tournament i had about 30 k and it was small blind against bb if that is any justification

Ya gotta speculate to accumulate dont ya? Thats what the saying is isnt it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

It quite clearly is no justification whatsoever!

Too often this kind of thing will lead to a courtesy double up for your opponent! You'd really want to get this kind of thing out of your game Mr T.

shoutman wrote:
    It quite clearly is no justification whatsoever!

Too often this kind of thing will lead to a courtesy double up for your opponent! You'd really want to get this kind of thing out of your game Mr T.

ah your bitter over you're kings and my 10 2

i suppose my expert, should be oscar winning acting made it blatantly look like a blind steal.;)

got you back later on though... what a floater

did you? just shows how asleep i was i cant even remember hands i played i was just in automatic mode.

what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Gordon, have you experienced any significant period of bad variance over the time that you have been playing?

• Advertisement

lol. I was wondering the same thing.

Gordon, have you experienced any significant period of bad variance over the time that you have been playing?

the first 2 months in london i was down 2.5k sterling and with the trips home on weekends sometimes,i was down 1250 euro i suppose could constitute a bad spell . no matter how played i managed to run into runner runner so many times it cost me a bit and i also had a 6 month spell about two years ago but the stakes where much smaller so it didnt effect me that much

Trippie wrote:
    the first 2 months in london i was down 2.5k sterling and with the trips home on weekends sometimes,i was down 1250 euro i suppose could constitute a bad spell . no matter how played i managed to run into runner runner so many times it cost me a bit and i also had a 6 month spell about two years ago but the stakes where much smaller so it didnt effect me that much

2 months in approx two years. Wow. That must suck.

By bad variance I mean:

- Having your pairs get cracked by smaller pairs regularly in big pots where you get all or most of your money in pre - flop;

- Never hitting the flop with AK / Q; never flopping anything with your suited connector, one gapper type hands;

- Playing draws aggressively that never get there;

- Rarely finding sick good spots where you have a great hand that is one notch ahead of your opponents decent hand while always finding yourself on the wrong end of them;

- Getting set over setted at a sufficient frequency to make you cry big man tears;

- Never winning a flip when it matters;

- Never flopping a set with a medium or low pocket pair despite always getting sufficient implied or pot odds to take a flop;

By significant I mean a run that goes for months. That happens repeatadly. Bandana Boy is currently having one. I am in the middle of a long one (but I'm a tourney donk so who cares). Flushdraw had a very bad one for a few months around Christmas. Losing a couple of quid over a two month stretch doesn't really equal what I am thinking of.

And by the sounds of it, you would hate this game when dealing with bad variance over an extended stretch given your gambly style. You have no idea of how bad you can run.

yeah that's nothing. you run super hot.

edit:

man i remember that 20 buy in downswing in the fitz, that was some depressing stuff. flop the nut straight, get it all in vs two guys with 2p and they'd river a house. hitting a set once a week and getting no action, every big pair cracked. get it all in with aq on a qqx board vs kq and he'd river a k. missing every draw. everyone else filling theirs. and so on and so on. it got to the stage where u expect to lose every hand almost.

ah well.

it got to the stage where u expect to lose every hand almost.

Why I stopped playing live cash. And very true.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Lads you gotta listen to Sklansky more.....

Talk to Aodea about it "A positive winning force surrounds me"

that's mike caro. doubt slanksy would be in for that mumbo jumbo stuff.

edit.. (didnt realise i had go on for so long)

2 months in approx two years. Wow. That must suck.
    firstly i said a 6 month spell about 2 years ago i also stopped playing for a few months while i was away so it is not 2 months in 2 years and anyway it all evens itself out in the end llyod and as you have admitted yourself you had a period of good luck around the gjp festival and tourney's afterwards whereby you could do no wrong now you are just suffering the backlash of that good fortune and i presume llyod you are a good enough player to be able to minimse your loses effectively that they dont undo all the good work you did last year and i do get unlucky a lot of the time however iam not one to complain about bad beats and the likes and truth be told i have onylever once complained about a bad beat which was when i had queens against jacks and got it all-in on a Q 6 10 board

By bad variance I mean:

- Having your pairs get cracked by smaller pairs regularly in big pots where you get all or most of your money in pre - flop;

this type of play is more indicative to tournaments which i dont really play that many of. llyod you have played with me and i thought it would be pretty clear that i dont like to get all my money preflop i am much happier to take a flop and take from there as i know i am stronger after the flop than a lot of the people who have just grown up on HOH.
    - Never hitting the flop with AK / Q; never flopping anything with your suited connector, one gapper type hands;

- Playing draws aggressively that never get there;
    im in the middle of one of these right now i cant remeber the last time an ak connected or even i hit a straight draw
    - Rarely finding sick good spots where you have a great hand that is one notch ahead of your opponents decent hand while always finding yourself on the wrong end of them;
    the last three times i have had aces, i have run aces into aces, had a bum deal and had my aces scooped by the dealer after i said pot 3 times to him in what would of been my aces against kk's and qq's in a 600 quid pot. i have run houses into houses and had k high flushes up against the ace high one so i do know this feeling you are on about however it happens and we just have to get on with it
    - Getting set over setted at a sufficient frequency to make you cry big man tears;
    to be honest this hasnt happend in a while for two reason i am not flopping that many sets and if it has been set over set i have been lucky as it is on a 3 flush/straight board and they have been played passively.

- Never winning a flip when it matters;
    i dont like to take flips i prefer to put my money in when i am ahead[/quote]
    - Never flopping a set with a medium or low pocket pair despite always getting sufficient implied or pot odds to take a flop;
    as i said above it happens but we all go through these spells howevr i will also add that i don not like to take coin flips, i will if i feel i have to but i dont know about you but i like to get my money in when i am ahead
    By significant I mean a run that goes for months. That happens repeatadly. Bandana Boy is currently having one. I am in the middle of a long one (but I'm a tourney donk so who cares). Flushdraw had a very bad one for a few months around Christmas. Losing a couple of quid over a two month stretch doesn't really equal what I am thinking of.

And by the sounds of it, you would hate this game when dealing with bad variance over an extended stretch given your gambly style. You have no idea of how bad you can run.

llyod you get annoyed when you lose a 100 quid pot, in the jackpot once i took around 400 euro off you,you stormed off and called me a donkey and said how could i call when i had queens on a 8 high board and the fact that i raised you and you called me which was the funny part. llyod i dont want to sound like an ass but you are probably one of the worst losers i have ever seen and i suspect your nonchalant attitude to "a couple of quid" would change quite drastically if you were to be on the end of close to a 5k downswing.

llyod as i said before we all go through these spells where types of cards are not hitting but yes as you put it appears i have a gambly style and in someways that is through, my pre-flop range is huge i would play every hand if i could see a flop cheap enough however i am drastically tighter from then on and this is something peiople have a hard time believing which is why they pay me off so much, as i play a lot of hands if my ak's and 78's arent hitting because of the amount of hands i play i am bound to be making up for them when i flop something with other types of hands,

llyod we all know you play a solid game so when these hands are not working for you you end up having to steal as you have not been able to capitalise on other opportunities which may have arisen if you had played other hands. how many times at a table do we hear "oh i would of flopped this and that" and my response to that is well if you want to flop it play the bloody hand or stop complaining,

maybe this is the way the poker scene has become now-a-days whereby a lot of people have believed the hype about HOH and other books that they believe this is the optimum way to play and therefore lack a deeper understanding of the of the way the game is played at the highest levels(im not saying that i play at a high level as i know a lot of players are ten times better than me) but at the higher stakes how many people sit and wait for their big hands.very few and in my opinion people believe that if something is done at the highest stakes the guys doing it are geniuses however if the same thing was to be done at lower levels the guys are crazy lose gamblers, we all read about the guy calling for huge amount of cash with pocket 4's knowing the only hand he could beat was pocket 3's and the responses were wow how could he do that but if that was in a .25/.50 game would the response be the same or would he just be a calling station with no concept of how to play.

i guess what i am trying to say in short is that there one right way of playing poker if that was the case why do we hear about changing gears and the likes, you're style of play is profitable for you however the way i play i find is profitable for me, if everyone was to play the same way then it would just come down to the cards and what fun is that?

Trippie wrote:
    it all evens itself out in the end llyod and as you have admitted yourself you had a period of good luck around the gjp festival and tourney's afterwards whereby you could do no wrong now you are just suffering the backlash of that good fortune and i presume llyod you are a good enough player to be able to minimse your loses effectively that they dont undo all the good work you did last year and i do get unlucky a lot of the time however iam not one to complain about bad beats and the likes and truth be told i have onylever once complained about a bad beat which was when i had queens against jacks and got it all-in on a Q 6 10 board

In admitted then, and I freely admit now, that I struck a good patch of variance. That said I got my money in miles ahead a lot - and my hands stood up. I still get it in ahead a lot...

I remember that hand quite well. And I had a similair hand against Anto. I learned a hard lesson that even decent players will just think: "ZOMG I have an overpair" and will just go broke anyway eventhough my range for that action is very narrow and QQ or JJ (which I had you on) does really sh!t against it. I was annoyed with that hand because I made a bad read on your play and really thought you were capable of folding. Oh and, if you think about the hand - you will realise that every other regular doubles you up on that board anyway with the hand I had.

But anyway - it is well documented on this forum that I am a terrible loser at the poker table. I'm nice enough off it however - and will buy you a beer when the opportunity next arises. :)

• Advertisement

Trippie wrote:

llyod you get annoyed when you lose a 100 quid pot, in the jackpot once i took around 400 euro off you,you stormed off and called me a donkey and said how could i call when i had queens on a 8 high board and the fact that i raised you and you called me which was the funny part. llyod i dont want to sound like an ass but you are probably one of the worst losers i have ever seen and i suspect your nonchalant attitude to "a couple of quid" would change quite drastically if you were to be on the end of close to a 5k downswing.

how many times at a table do we hear "oh i would of flopped this and that" and my response to that is well if you want to flop it play the bloody hand or stop complaining,

Your raise was three quaters of my previous bet

I don't think that I can be accused of complaining about stuff I would have flopped. I had one nightmare day at JP's thing at the plaza over Christmas where I did it twice and haven't done it since (learned my lesson so to speak).

Advertisement