Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet Seat...

Options
  • 30-04-2007 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭

I know I am no man, but I want to ask all the "brothers" a question!

Why do men leave the toilet seat up? Is it too much effort to put it back down after urinating or is it to annoy your other half.

I ask this because my boyfriend always seems to do it...

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Why do women always leave it down. Is it too much effort to put it back up after your done or is it to annoy your other half?:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Touché

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

i'm with almighty cushion ur boyfriend hasnt gone to the bother of posting on the net asking why u leave it down!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Why do women always leave it down. Is it too much effort to put it back up after your done or is it to annoy your other half?:cool:

Well said.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Very well said :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

crosstownk wrote:
    yeah I've never heard that before, kudos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

Its politeness, so that the next man who has to pee won't have to go to the bother of lifting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

crosstownk wrote:

I'd go along with those sentiments.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

I share an apartment with a girl. We have it sorted out. I leave the seat down for her, but then she can't complain if I piss on the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Brothers - Leave the toilet seat down. Keeps the missus happy & is in the correct position for when you need to "drop the kids off at the pool".

Instead - Piss in the sink. Run cold tap for 5 seconds to "flush".

You're happy, she's happy & you're saving the environment too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭trout

Hill Billy wrote:
    Brothers - Leave the toilet seat down. Keeps the missus happy & is in the correct position for when you need to "drop the kids off at the pool".

Instead - Piss in the sink. Run cold tap for 5 seconds to "flush".

Ah yes ... there's nothing like the feel of cold porcelain on yer percy of a mornin' :p

Brother Hill Billy has a magnificent solution to a perennial problem.

this post was brought to you by the letter P *geddit?*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

Hill Billy wrote:

Great idea! Its only a matter of time before Al Gore makes a movie telling us the environmental benifits of pissing in the sink. They can call it 'Al Gore: pissing in the sink'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

J.S. Pill wrote:
    Great idea! Its only a matter of time before Al Gore makes a movie telling us the environmental benifits of pissing in the sink. They can call it 'Al Gore: pissing in the sink'

That'll go nicely with the film being sponsered by the Bush administration
    'Al Gore : Pissing in the wind'

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Rabies wrote:
    I share an apartment with a girl. We have it sorted out. I leave the seat down for her, but then she can't complain if I piss on the seat.

No she should leave the seat up for you. And if she doesn't you piss in her mouth. Now that'd learn her.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭sioda

I leave the seat down but over the years have improved my aim thus only hit the seat every second time

• Subscribers Posts: 32,850 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I just piss on the toliet seat, but sometimes I miss.........

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

I can't believe you guys haven't discovered the delights of the " sitting piss". One of the few delights of the fat middle aged man.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

I live with two lads, they don't leave the seat up, they just piss on it. I'd much rather have to put the toilet seat back down than having to wipe piss off it!

Hence why you should leave the toilet seat up. Us men are far too busy and important to waste time with the likes of a toilet seat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Leeby

Hence why you should leave the toilet seat up. Us men are far too busy and important to waste time with the likes of a toilet seat.

Actually that is a good idea, I'll just put the toilet seat up after I piss from now on so noone will piss on the seat. Its so simple!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Leeby wrote:
    Actually that is a good idea, I'll just put the toilet seat up after I piss from now on so noone will piss on the seat. Its so simple!!!

That's one converted Brothers, only 2,999,999,999 to go.

No zaph, converting them one by one is impossible. It would take too much time away from our drinking. What we need to do is convert them in mass groups. Now what is the one think all women follow no matter how stupid or ludicrous it may be. That's right brothers fashion. All we have to do is get a video of some "celebrity" lifting up the toilet seat when they're done and leak (no pun intended) it on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

sitting piss all the way(only at home or a clean toilet, public toilets make baby jesus cry), I find it empties the bladder more effectively also allowing more tasty beverage to be consumed

standing piss is for suckers. I'd put me back out if I tried a standing piss :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

This is no man lads, get him out! He is not taking advantage of our most precious ability that makes the world our urinal.

Yeah try taking a sitting piss at four in the morning when you're loaded up on sambuca's down some dirty back alley or on some poor old age pensioners front door step.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,091 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Who hasn't?
    And don't spare the old age pensioner either.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,285 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Brother Vegeta, please note that wimmins-like behaviour could get you banned from this forum, and if sitting to take a leak isn't wimmins-like behaviour I don't know what is. In order to maintain your standing here I suggest an immediate retraction. Failure to do so will lead the Brethren to come to the only possibly conclusion, that you are in fact a Sister rather than a Brother. If that's the case, fetch me a beer from the fridge like a good girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

Ok, I am fully prepared for an earbashing from my fellow 'sisters' for saying this, but I have never understood why leaving the toilet seat up in such a big deal. I live with 2 guys who leave the seat up. I have to put it down when I use the loo - they have to lift it up when they use the loo. It's a fair deal surely? The only time it annoys me is if I get home really drunk and forget to check if the seat is down and find myself wedged into the toilet bowl. Although to be honest, that's quite funny sometimes.

Yes, I'm having fun picturing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

The official ruling on a sitting piss is that it's only allowed when you're going to the can in darkness and don't want to turn on lights. You're "flying on the instruments" as it were.

Advertisement